Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 136

post #2026 of 2065

Not sure if i'm allowed to post links (not my store obviously but still)

 

Just type in ebay ultrasone oyaide cable and you should find one very quickly. I got the 3.5mm terminated one.

post #2027 of 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantScareMe View Post
 

Not sure if i'm allowed to post links (not my store obviously but still)

 

Just type in ebay ultrasone oyaide cable and you should find one very quickly. I got the 3.5mm terminated one.

thanks.  And... you can really hear a SQ difference ?

post #2028 of 2065

Yep. It's actually easy to hear and with there being no excuse not to A/B test, forming that conclusion was straightforward. 

 

I guess you could always give it back if you don't like the difference or can't notice it. Got to also say that i've never been a fan of the stiffness though! 

post #2029 of 2065

Yes, it is a little stiffer, but a better cable for sure.  The price is right too.

post #2030 of 2065

The cable is getting softer with use... it was really stiff when I first got it, but is now like 20% softer. I hope it keeps getting softer as it would be perfect. The sound of course is awesome. :D 

post #2031 of 2065

Actually, now that you mention it, a touch softer/supple with mine too. Probably cos I tangle it up sometimes. 

 

M-13, you've got the Dx90 and the x5 right. I was waiting for ibasso to patch it up completely (usb dac to work on 64 bit systems for example), but will be getting one soon I reckon. Might get the x5 too. 

 

Anyway, can you provide some sort of comparison between them, with the sig pro please?

 

If you have earlier in the thread, can you point me to it.

post #2032 of 2065

My thoughts on the DX90 vs X5 for the Sig Pro continues to evolve as my mind/gears get more and more burned in. I'll try to put something together for you very soon. I was going to do a contest between them soon anyway, so I'll try to take down some notes and share on this thread. They are both great with the Sig Pro, but a little different of course. I'll let you know!

post #2033 of 2065

Cheers mate.

 

Leaving room for evolving and changing impressions is a good thing I find, so yea, take your time!

post #2034 of 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

My thoughts on the DX90 vs X5 for the Sig Pro continues to evolve as my mind/gears get more and more burned in. I'll try to put something together for you very soon. I was going to do a contest between them soon anyway, so I'll try to take down some notes and share on this thread. They are both great with the Sig Pro, but a little different of course. I'll let you know!


You should include the Sony NWZ-F886 in your review. These are driving the Sig Pro to new levels of detail, even pure unamped..... Same is to be said about the Sig Dj....

Sony is not dead, they are quite alive....

post #2035 of 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantScareMe View Post
 

Not sure if i'm allowed to post links (not my store obviously but still)

 

Just type in ebay ultrasone oyaide cable and you should find one very quickly. I got the 3.5mm terminated one.

 

silly question but ive always been confused with headphone cables....

are all ultrasone pro and signature the same type of screw cable? whats the size? how can you know which one is compatible ..? lol

 

 

I see in moon-audio's website the ultrasone having hole in each earcup... where as originally its only 1 cable?

 

are these DIY type of thing?

post #2036 of 2065

I had both my Signature PRO's and Sig DJ's recabled balanced by Moon Audio with Black Dragon cable, utilizing both sides of the cans and I can't tell you how much it improved the sound. Bold, assertive, wider and deeper soundstage, crisper bass, etc.

post #2037 of 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelamb View Post
 

I had both my Signature PRO's and Sig DJ's recabled balanced by Moon Audio with Black Dragon cable, utilizing both sides of the cans and I can't tell you how much it improved the sound. Bold, assertive, wider and deeper soundstage, crisper bass, etc.

 

If you don't mind me asking, what was the approximate cost for the service for the Sig Pros?

post #2038 of 2065
I don't remember exactly as those were more lucrative times for me but I think the cable and install was somewhere between 300 and 400. I think if you go to Moon audio site you can price it out there. Well worth if for sure.
post #2039 of 2065

are the new ultrasone headphones uses cable with screws like the old ones?

post #2040 of 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18inch View Post
 

 

silly question but ive always been confused with headphone cables....

are all ultrasone pro and signature the same type of screw cable? whats the size? how can you know which one is compatible ..? lol

 

 

I see in moon-audio's website the ultrasone having hole in each earcup... where as originally its only 1 cable?

 

are these DIY type of thing?

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oyaide-HPC-35HD598-Premium-Headphone-Lead-Cable-1-3m-Sennheiser-HD598-Ultrasone-/300958762333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46128a455d 

 

 

That's the one I got.

 

Just in ebay type in 'ultrasone oyaide' and them are the types of cables that pop up. The connector to the headphone on one end is the same and on the other there's a choice of 1/4 or 1/8 inch. Think that the cable comes in two lengths - I've the shorter length.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro