- 7,308 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 1/29/16 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 135post #2011 of 23404/22/14 at 10:47pmOh I see that is one of the employees hand making the Sigpros at Ultrasone in Germany and measuring the portable cord. For some reason I had always pictures Germans looking different than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 23404/22/14 at 11:41pm
Very useful indeed. thks :) . I still think the Sig pro is my best bet for my tastes and my daily use. I really miss it.post #2013 of 23404/23/14 at 6:55am
Just for grins, as I don't usually touch EQ, I spent some time EQing the SP with a 64-bit HD EQ. I can get them to sound pretty amazing. They are quite chameleon-like in that I can EQ them differently for different genres of music, and they become the best at anything I throw at them. Very responsive to EQ.
Durable, very portable, and great sound. It's still a favorite for me.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/23/14 at 11:30ampost #2014 of 23404/24/14 at 9:36amI've been waiting for a shipping notice and my credit card company informs me they declined a fraudulent purchase. WHAT! So tying to email Japan and have them try again or send me a paypal demand....sheeshpost #2015 of 23404/24/14 at 10:57ampost #2016 of 23404/24/14 at 5:29pmpost #2017 of 23404/24/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
Hope you get it sorted out .... did you ever get around to taking care of that earpad issue?post #2018 of 23404/24/14 at 10:55pmQuote:
Me too. I resubmitted through paypal, which i would have done first but the first time i kept getting errors. Today it went through but never sent me to paypal to verify. So i don't know if rakuten will send me a demand, maybe when total is figured out after conversion or something. Kinda frustrating. Pricejapan is so much easier.
So, earpads, much better after tons of work, but the headband was the hard part and still a bit perfumy with a slight smoke smell. I think eventually it will go away but i have worked on them like crazy and let them air outside for well over a hundred hours. What a pain in the …..
Well at least i am enjoying them now. Next time, buy new.post #2019 of 23404/29/14 at 2:34pm
New cable came. Much nicer than stock and shorter. Soundwise i need to do some quiet a/b testing. Either way i like this one better and i like the straight end instead of the L end.
Edit-after some of the a/b detail up, bass tighter.
Edited by dallan - 4/29/14 at 10:42pmpost #2020 of 23404/29/14 at 2:59pmpost #2021 of 23404/29/14 at 8:44pm
Cable was $60. new pads are $200 for the ear and $220. or so for the headband but that doesn't include the inner area that absorbed the smoke. Anyway, it is slowly fading i'm happy to say. I was credited $30. from the seller and more than that went to deodorize them. It's close. If i spent the amount to replace all that stuff, they would cost at least as much a new pair if not more and i couldn't deal with it. Oh and it would still have the same problem. Like i said before, live and learn.post #2022 of 23404/30/14 at 3:44amQuote:
Very easy to do an A-B with these cables.
Easy to tell differences - even my audio(clueless) mates can tell.post #2023 of 23405/2/14 at 7:38am
I'm Happy to announce I'll have a sig pro back next week. . I missed it too much
Fortunately, I've at home the focal Spirit Pro and Classic and a NAD HP50 for testing purpose. .post #2024 of 23405/2/14 at 8:22ampost #2025 of 23405/23/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Please could you tell me what cable you are speaking about ? can you post a purchasing link please ?
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 53 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Hegel HD20 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › GTA Spring 2016 meet 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 1540 5 minutes ago
- › Taction Technology Kannons 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse