- 7,335 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 1/29/16 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 135post #2011 of 23414/22/14 at 10:47pmOh I see that is one of the employees hand making the Sigpros at Ultrasone in Germany and measuring the portable cord. For some reason I had always pictures Germans looking different than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 23414/22/14 at 11:41pm
Very useful indeed. thks :) . I still think the Sig pro is my best bet for my tastes and my daily use. I really miss it.post #2013 of 23414/23/14 at 6:55am
Just for grins, as I don't usually touch EQ, I spent some time EQing the SP with a 64-bit HD EQ. I can get them to sound pretty amazing. They are quite chameleon-like in that I can EQ them differently for different genres of music, and they become the best at anything I throw at them. Very responsive to EQ.
Durable, very portable, and great sound. It's still a favorite for me.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/23/14 at 11:30ampost #2014 of 23414/24/14 at 9:36amI've been waiting for a shipping notice and my credit card company informs me they declined a fraudulent purchase. WHAT! So tying to email Japan and have them try again or send me a paypal demand....sheeshpost #2015 of 23414/24/14 at 10:57ampost #2016 of 23414/24/14 at 5:29pmpost #2017 of 23414/24/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
Hope you get it sorted out .... did you ever get around to taking care of that earpad issue?post #2018 of 23414/24/14 at 10:55pmQuote:
Me too. I resubmitted through paypal, which i would have done first but the first time i kept getting errors. Today it went through but never sent me to paypal to verify. So i don't know if rakuten will send me a demand, maybe when total is figured out after conversion or something. Kinda frustrating. Pricejapan is so much easier.
So, earpads, much better after tons of work, but the headband was the hard part and still a bit perfumy with a slight smoke smell. I think eventually it will go away but i have worked on them like crazy and let them air outside for well over a hundred hours. What a pain in the …..
Well at least i am enjoying them now. Next time, buy new.post #2019 of 23414/29/14 at 2:34pm
New cable came. Much nicer than stock and shorter. Soundwise i need to do some quiet a/b testing. Either way i like this one better and i like the straight end instead of the L end.
Edit-after some of the a/b detail up, bass tighter.
Edited by dallan - 4/29/14 at 10:42pmpost #2020 of 23414/29/14 at 2:59pmpost #2021 of 23414/29/14 at 8:44pm
Cable was $60. new pads are $200 for the ear and $220. or so for the headband but that doesn't include the inner area that absorbed the smoke. Anyway, it is slowly fading i'm happy to say. I was credited $30. from the seller and more than that went to deodorize them. It's close. If i spent the amount to replace all that stuff, they would cost at least as much a new pair if not more and i couldn't deal with it. Oh and it would still have the same problem. Like i said before, live and learn.post #2022 of 23414/30/14 at 3:44amQuote:
Very easy to do an A-B with these cables.
Easy to tell differences - even my audio(clueless) mates can tell.post #2023 of 23415/2/14 at 7:38am
I'm Happy to announce I'll have a sig pro back next week. . I missed it too much
Fortunately, I've at home the focal Spirit Pro and Classic and a NAD HP50 for testing purpose. .post #2024 of 23415/2/14 at 8:22ampost #2025 of 23415/23/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Please could you tell me what cable you are speaking about ? can you post a purchasing link please ?
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Considering Schiit(or other things too) 14 seconds ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 57 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...