- 7,342 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 10/9/16 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 135post #2011 of 23434/22/14 at 10:47pmOh I see that is one of the employees hand making the Sigpros at Ultrasone in Germany and measuring the portable cord. For some reason I had always pictures Germans looking different than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 23434/22/14 at 11:41pm
Very useful indeed. thks :) . I still think the Sig pro is my best bet for my tastes and my daily use. I really miss it.post #2013 of 23434/23/14 at 6:55am
Just for grins, as I don't usually touch EQ, I spent some time EQing the SP with a 64-bit HD EQ. I can get them to sound pretty amazing. They are quite chameleon-like in that I can EQ them differently for different genres of music, and they become the best at anything I throw at them. Very responsive to EQ.
Durable, very portable, and great sound. It's still a favorite for me.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/23/14 at 11:30ampost #2014 of 23434/24/14 at 9:36amI've been waiting for a shipping notice and my credit card company informs me they declined a fraudulent purchase. WHAT! So tying to email Japan and have them try again or send me a paypal demand....sheeshpost #2015 of 23434/24/14 at 10:57ampost #2016 of 23434/24/14 at 5:29pmpost #2017 of 23434/24/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
Hope you get it sorted out .... did you ever get around to taking care of that earpad issue?post #2018 of 23434/24/14 at 10:55pmQuote:
Me too. I resubmitted through paypal, which i would have done first but the first time i kept getting errors. Today it went through but never sent me to paypal to verify. So i don't know if rakuten will send me a demand, maybe when total is figured out after conversion or something. Kinda frustrating. Pricejapan is so much easier.
So, earpads, much better after tons of work, but the headband was the hard part and still a bit perfumy with a slight smoke smell. I think eventually it will go away but i have worked on them like crazy and let them air outside for well over a hundred hours. What a pain in the …..
Well at least i am enjoying them now. Next time, buy new.post #2019 of 23434/29/14 at 2:34pm
New cable came. Much nicer than stock and shorter. Soundwise i need to do some quiet a/b testing. Either way i like this one better and i like the straight end instead of the L end.
Edit-after some of the a/b detail up, bass tighter.
Edited by dallan - 4/29/14 at 10:42pmpost #2020 of 23434/29/14 at 2:59pmpost #2021 of 23434/29/14 at 8:44pm
Cable was $60. new pads are $200 for the ear and $220. or so for the headband but that doesn't include the inner area that absorbed the smoke. Anyway, it is slowly fading i'm happy to say. I was credited $30. from the seller and more than that went to deodorize them. It's close. If i spent the amount to replace all that stuff, they would cost at least as much a new pair if not more and i couldn't deal with it. Oh and it would still have the same problem. Like i said before, live and learn.post #2022 of 23434/30/14 at 3:44amQuote:
Very easy to do an A-B with these cables.
Easy to tell differences - even my audio(clueless) mates can tell.post #2023 of 23435/2/14 at 7:38am
I'm Happy to announce I'll have a sig pro back next week. . I missed it too much
Fortunately, I've at home the focal Spirit Pro and Classic and a NAD HP50 for testing purpose. .post #2024 of 23435/2/14 at 8:22ampost #2025 of 23435/23/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Please could you tell me what cable you are speaking about ? can you post a purchasing link please ?
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 12 seconds ago
- › Bowers and Wilkins P7 wired headphone 35 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Desktop amp (+DAC?) recommendation for use between a Scarlett 6i6... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 4 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear