- 6,832 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 9/17/14 at 7:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 135post #2011 of 20644/22/14 at 10:47pmOh I see that is one of the employees hand making the Sigpros at Ultrasone in Germany and measuring the portable cord. For some reason I had always pictures Germans looking different than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 20644/22/14 at 11:41pm
Very useful indeed. thks :) . I still think the Sig pro is my best bet for my tastes and my daily use. I really miss it.post #2013 of 20644/23/14 at 6:55am
Just for grins, as I don't usually touch EQ, I spent some time EQing the SP with a 64-bit HD EQ. I can get them to sound pretty amazing. They are quite chameleon-like in that I can EQ them differently for different genres of music, and they become the best at anything I throw at them. Very responsive to EQ.
Durable, very portable, and great sound. It's still a favorite for me.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/23/14 at 11:30ampost #2014 of 20644/24/14 at 9:36amI've been waiting for a shipping notice and my credit card company informs me they declined a fraudulent purchase. WHAT! So tying to email Japan and have them try again or send me a paypal demand....sheeshpost #2015 of 20644/24/14 at 10:57ampost #2016 of 20644/24/14 at 5:29pmpost #2017 of 20644/24/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
Hope you get it sorted out .... did you ever get around to taking care of that earpad issue?post #2018 of 20644/24/14 at 10:55pmQuote:
Me too. I resubmitted through paypal, which i would have done first but the first time i kept getting errors. Today it went through but never sent me to paypal to verify. So i don't know if rakuten will send me a demand, maybe when total is figured out after conversion or something. Kinda frustrating. Pricejapan is so much easier.
So, earpads, much better after tons of work, but the headband was the hard part and still a bit perfumy with a slight smoke smell. I think eventually it will go away but i have worked on them like crazy and let them air outside for well over a hundred hours. What a pain in the …..
Well at least i am enjoying them now. Next time, buy new.post #2019 of 20644/29/14 at 2:34pm
New cable came. Much nicer than stock and shorter. Soundwise i need to do some quiet a/b testing. Either way i like this one better and i like the straight end instead of the L end.
Edit-after some of the a/b detail up, bass tighter.
Edited by dallan - 4/29/14 at 10:42pmpost #2020 of 20644/29/14 at 2:59pmpost #2021 of 20644/29/14 at 8:44pm
Cable was $60. new pads are $200 for the ear and $220. or so for the headband but that doesn't include the inner area that absorbed the smoke. Anyway, it is slowly fading i'm happy to say. I was credited $30. from the seller and more than that went to deodorize them. It's close. If i spent the amount to replace all that stuff, they would cost at least as much a new pair if not more and i couldn't deal with it. Oh and it would still have the same problem. Like i said before, live and learn.post #2022 of 20644/30/14 at 3:44amQuote:
Very easy to do an A-B with these cables.
Easy to tell differences - even my audio(clueless) mates can tell.post #2023 of 20645/2/14 at 7:38am
I'm Happy to announce I'll have a sig pro back next week. . I missed it too much
Fortunately, I've at home the focal Spirit Pro and Classic and a NAD HP50 for testing purpose. .post #2024 of 20645/2/14 at 8:22ampost #2025 of 20645/23/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Please could you tell me what cable you are speaking about ? can you post a purchasing link please ?
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 13 seconds ago
- › Multichannel Music 41 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)