- 7,175 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 7/4/15 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 135post #2011 of 22524/22/14 at 10:47pmOh I see that is one of the employees hand making the Sigpros at Ultrasone in Germany and measuring the portable cord. For some reason I had always pictures Germans looking different than that.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 22524/22/14 at 11:41pm
Very useful indeed. thks :) . I still think the Sig pro is my best bet for my tastes and my daily use. I really miss it.post #2013 of 22524/23/14 at 6:55am
Just for grins, as I don't usually touch EQ, I spent some time EQing the SP with a 64-bit HD EQ. I can get them to sound pretty amazing. They are quite chameleon-like in that I can EQ them differently for different genres of music, and they become the best at anything I throw at them. Very responsive to EQ.
Durable, very portable, and great sound. It's still a favorite for me.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/23/14 at 11:30ampost #2014 of 22524/24/14 at 9:36amI've been waiting for a shipping notice and my credit card company informs me they declined a fraudulent purchase. WHAT! So tying to email Japan and have them try again or send me a paypal demand....sheeshpost #2015 of 22524/24/14 at 10:57ampost #2016 of 22524/24/14 at 5:29pmpost #2017 of 22524/24/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
Hope you get it sorted out .... did you ever get around to taking care of that earpad issue?post #2018 of 22524/24/14 at 10:55pmQuote:
Me too. I resubmitted through paypal, which i would have done first but the first time i kept getting errors. Today it went through but never sent me to paypal to verify. So i don't know if rakuten will send me a demand, maybe when total is figured out after conversion or something. Kinda frustrating. Pricejapan is so much easier.
So, earpads, much better after tons of work, but the headband was the hard part and still a bit perfumy with a slight smoke smell. I think eventually it will go away but i have worked on them like crazy and let them air outside for well over a hundred hours. What a pain in the …..
Well at least i am enjoying them now. Next time, buy new.post #2019 of 22524/29/14 at 2:34pm
New cable came. Much nicer than stock and shorter. Soundwise i need to do some quiet a/b testing. Either way i like this one better and i like the straight end instead of the L end.
Edit-after some of the a/b detail up, bass tighter.
Edited by dallan - 4/29/14 at 10:42pmpost #2020 of 22524/29/14 at 2:59pmpost #2021 of 22524/29/14 at 8:44pm
Cable was $60. new pads are $200 for the ear and $220. or so for the headband but that doesn't include the inner area that absorbed the smoke. Anyway, it is slowly fading i'm happy to say. I was credited $30. from the seller and more than that went to deodorize them. It's close. If i spent the amount to replace all that stuff, they would cost at least as much a new pair if not more and i couldn't deal with it. Oh and it would still have the same problem. Like i said before, live and learn.post #2022 of 22524/30/14 at 3:44amQuote:
Very easy to do an A-B with these cables.
Easy to tell differences - even my audio(clueless) mates can tell.post #2023 of 22525/2/14 at 7:38am
I'm Happy to announce I'll have a sig pro back next week. . I missed it too much
Fortunately, I've at home the focal Spirit Pro and Classic and a NAD HP50 for testing purpose. .post #2024 of 22525/2/14 at 8:22ampost #2025 of 22525/23/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Please could you tell me what cable you are speaking about ? can you post a purchasing link please ?
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › denon ah-d600 17 seconds ago
- › New headphones for hip hop and electronic music 48 seconds ago
- › How to make a comprehensive head-fi review? 58 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR60e with travel case (UK) 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3