Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 132

post #1966 of 2061

Just sharing that I was struggling with the comfort of my SigPro today, and decided to try swapping on the alpha pads of my Mad Dogs. It's a very loose fit, but it certainly makes the SigPro significantly more comfortable. 

 

What pads have others tried successfully with the Signature Pro?

post #1967 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
 

Just sharing that I was struggling with the comfort of my SigPro today, and decided to try swapping on the alpha pads of my Mad Dogs. It's a very loose fit, but it certainly makes the SigPro significantly more comfortable. 

 

What pads have others tried successfully with the Signature Pro?


Can you post a pic or four?  The pad comfort is exactly why I got rid of my Sig Pro's and have often thought about Alpha pads as being the answer. 

post #1968 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Can you post a pic or four?  The pad comfort is exactly why I got rid of my Sig Pro's and have often thought about Alpha pads as being the answer. 

I don't think it's the answer as it's loose, but it helps in an at home setup. It 'works' for me because I have it lying around so it cost me nothing, but I would much prefer one that holds firmly while providing at least the same level of comfort.

 

 

Edit:

Stock pads removed.


Edited by eron - 3/20/14 at 9:11pm
post #1969 of 2061
Did you leave the stock pads on and put the Alpha pads on over them? Might be worth a try as I can't tell.
post #1970 of 2061

Let me know if anyone is changing pads, may want to buy your old pads, if you are nonsmoking environment of course, and throw these away.  The cost of a new pair is a bummer.

post #1971 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Did you leave the stock pads on and put the Alpha pads on over them? Might be worth a try as I can't tell.

Stock pads were removed to fit the Alpha pads.

post #1972 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

Let me know if anyone is changing pads, may want to buy your old pads, if you are nonsmoking environment of course, and throw these away.  The cost of a new pair is a bummer.


Do yourself a favor buy new.  The pads themselves begin to lose firmness after about a year or so of use, not to mention diminished comfort. 

 

IMO you would be doing yourself a disservice in not hearing the Sig Pro with a new pair of pads.

post #1973 of 2061
Thanks for the input. Headfi is so helpful even after years. That didn't even occur to me.
post #1974 of 2061

:beerchug: 

post #1975 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortalcoil View Post


Do yourself a favor buy new.  The pads themselves begin to lose firmness after about a year or so of use, not to mention diminished comfort. 

IMO you would be doing yourself a disservice in not hearing the Sig Pro with a new pair of pads.
+1
And I consider earpads as expendable items. My recent experience was that depending on the amount and quality of the usage (ie. how much torture the pads had to withstand) it can be helpfull to replace the pads after two years latest. I waited too long and began to abandon the Sig Pro because of discomfort issues. But not only the comfort came back, the sound got fuller and richer again.
post #1976 of 2061

So, I got the Oyaide cable for my Sig Pro and it is pure awesomeness.

 

The only caveat is that the cable is stiffer than the stock + the connector does not lock like the stock cable. You can still insert and twist, but you don't get that tight lock, but it will not fall out.

 

But oh my the sound... I think it's worth checking out for Sig Pro owners out there.


Edited by M-13 - 4/18/14 at 1:29am
post #1977 of 2061

HUGO  +  SigPro  anyone ?   Good synergy ?

post #1978 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

So, I got the Oyaide cable for my Sig Pro and it is pure awesomeness.

 

The only caveat is that the cable is stiffer than the stock + the connector does not lock like the stock cable. You can still insert and twist, but you don't get that tight lock, but it will not fall out.

 

But oh my the sound... I think it's worth checking out for Sig Pro owners out there.

going to see I I can get one in the UK, it's proving a little tricky

post #1979 of 2061

To be clear, this is the cable I bought:

 

http://www.oyaide.com/ENGLISH/AUDIO/products_category/headphone_earphone_cbl/hpc-hd598.html

 

It's made for the HD598 but also works with the Sig Pro

post #1980 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

To be clear, this is the cable I bought:

 

http://www.oyaide.com/ENGLISH/AUDIO/products_category/headphone_earphone_cbl/hpc-hd598.html

 

It's made for the HD598 but also works with the Sig Pro

very helpful

 

thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro