- 7,326 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 1/29/16 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 131post #1951 of 23413/5/14 at 7:24amEarpads $199. Yes includes the used phones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 23413/5/14 at 8:07ampost #1953 of 23413/5/14 at 8:32ampost #1954 of 23413/5/14 at 9:12amI attempted the headband removal to try to treat it but half way thru I decided I didn't want to mess it up so put back. I have treated that in a different way than the pads. Long story but may have to remove it in the end, we ll see. Trying to avoid making these cost what they do new and feeling foolish. Learned a lesson though. Buyer beware.post #1955 of 23413/5/14 at 10:01ampost #1956 of 23413/5/14 at 10:50amI opened but there was a plastic tag under and then the headband seemed to be sealed with what looked like a seam from a plastic Baggie only sealed closed maybe along that seam. So I couldn't easily see how to get it off without unsealing that seam. ??post #1957 of 23413/5/14 at 2:24pmThe seam can be opened and closed, it is mounted in the m as nufacturing line like that. Have no time for pictures today, maybe at the weekend. Don't be afraid, just try it. It's that easy-to-use.post #1958 of 23413/5/14 at 2:56pmI should have asked here. If I have time I'll try but otherwise picks would be great!
Edit-Thanks, just took it off and re going over inside.
Edited by dallan - 3/5/14 at 3:55pmpost #1959 of 23413/8/14 at 10:01pm
Gotta say, i kinda get it with these two headphones-the Sig Pro and the Ed8. Really the Ed8 is more comfortable and the sound signature is geared toward out doors as a portable should. The slight tilt of the highs and the sub-bass are perfect for noisy outside conditions, cutting what you want to hear through the environment. On the other hand the Sig Pro has a more balanced sound, is heavier and more clampy and sealed tight. Seems to fit a home(with the exception of soundstage) or studio setting better. Walking in the Sig Pro with its uncomfortable headband hurts after a bit yet at home it is a non-factor because it doesn't drop against the head and make constant pressure on the top.
I feel that the Sig Pro slightly wins out on balanced presentation, but the Ed8 works better portable…..just as they are supposed to be used. So i get what they are trying to do. Glad i don't have to choose and i get them both I actually know which one i would choose but i will keep that to myself, along with the reasons, i will say they are both great headphones with very good instrument separation and detail.post #1960 of 23413/8/14 at 11:14pmpost #1961 of 23413/9/14 at 6:27pmpost #1962 of 23413/10/14 at 1:10ampost #1963 of 23413/19/14 at 10:13amWell, still working on the smoke smell. Getting better after soaking the poor beautiful headband in carpet deodorizer but now it has a purfumy smell and still a lingering cigarette smell but much better, going to try one more thing on that part. The ear pads on the other hand keep having the smell come back after I have it better, the smell just comes oozing out of the foam inside I guess. I don't want to soak them too because they are to delicate so it looks like I will end up ordering a new pair at ultrasone-$199. Plus shipping. Love the sound though. The box is going in the trash can. One of the cables had no smell, the other was very strong however simple green soaking and scrubbing fixed it. Wow what a chore these have been.post #1964 of 23413/19/14 at 11:01ampost #1965 of 23413/19/14 at 11:11amI can't even keep it (case) in my car, makes my whole car reek like I'm a smoker. Contacted seller and he said the earpads just smell like that and he didn't smoke. Funny, the long cord stank and the short one had no smell. I could tell the one that was used. When I got them at first I didn't really identify the smell but later it got so strong I couldn't keep them inside my house. It was like the outsides were treated but inside had been so saturated that it finally came through in an eye watering strength. Yeah bummer about the box but until I can actually use these without smelling the smoke and making myself smell like smoke, the box is the least of the problem.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 21 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 34 seconds ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 40 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 56 seconds ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Audio Technica ATH-IM02 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 11 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...