- 7,335 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 1/29/16 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 131post #1951 of 23413/5/14 at 7:24amEarpads $199. Yes includes the used phones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 23413/5/14 at 8:07ampost #1953 of 23413/5/14 at 8:32ampost #1954 of 23413/5/14 at 9:12amI attempted the headband removal to try to treat it but half way thru I decided I didn't want to mess it up so put back. I have treated that in a different way than the pads. Long story but may have to remove it in the end, we ll see. Trying to avoid making these cost what they do new and feeling foolish. Learned a lesson though. Buyer beware.post #1955 of 23413/5/14 at 10:01ampost #1956 of 23413/5/14 at 10:50amI opened but there was a plastic tag under and then the headband seemed to be sealed with what looked like a seam from a plastic Baggie only sealed closed maybe along that seam. So I couldn't easily see how to get it off without unsealing that seam. ??post #1957 of 23413/5/14 at 2:24pmThe seam can be opened and closed, it is mounted in the m as nufacturing line like that. Have no time for pictures today, maybe at the weekend. Don't be afraid, just try it. It's that easy-to-use.post #1958 of 23413/5/14 at 2:56pmI should have asked here. If I have time I'll try but otherwise picks would be great!
Edit-Thanks, just took it off and re going over inside.
Edited by dallan - 3/5/14 at 3:55pmpost #1959 of 23413/8/14 at 10:01pm
Gotta say, i kinda get it with these two headphones-the Sig Pro and the Ed8. Really the Ed8 is more comfortable and the sound signature is geared toward out doors as a portable should. The slight tilt of the highs and the sub-bass are perfect for noisy outside conditions, cutting what you want to hear through the environment. On the other hand the Sig Pro has a more balanced sound, is heavier and more clampy and sealed tight. Seems to fit a home(with the exception of soundstage) or studio setting better. Walking in the Sig Pro with its uncomfortable headband hurts after a bit yet at home it is a non-factor because it doesn't drop against the head and make constant pressure on the top.
I feel that the Sig Pro slightly wins out on balanced presentation, but the Ed8 works better portable…..just as they are supposed to be used. So i get what they are trying to do. Glad i don't have to choose and i get them both I actually know which one i would choose but i will keep that to myself, along with the reasons, i will say they are both great headphones with very good instrument separation and detail.post #1960 of 23413/8/14 at 11:14pmpost #1961 of 23413/9/14 at 6:27pmpost #1962 of 23413/10/14 at 1:10ampost #1963 of 23413/19/14 at 10:13amWell, still working on the smoke smell. Getting better after soaking the poor beautiful headband in carpet deodorizer but now it has a purfumy smell and still a lingering cigarette smell but much better, going to try one more thing on that part. The ear pads on the other hand keep having the smell come back after I have it better, the smell just comes oozing out of the foam inside I guess. I don't want to soak them too because they are to delicate so it looks like I will end up ordering a new pair at ultrasone-$199. Plus shipping. Love the sound though. The box is going in the trash can. One of the cables had no smell, the other was very strong however simple green soaking and scrubbing fixed it. Wow what a chore these have been.post #1964 of 23413/19/14 at 11:01ampost #1965 of 23413/19/14 at 11:11amI can't even keep it (case) in my car, makes my whole car reek like I'm a smoker. Contacted seller and he said the earpads just smell like that and he didn't smoke. Funny, the long cord stank and the short one had no smell. I could tell the one that was used. When I got them at first I didn't really identify the smell but later it got so strong I couldn't keep them inside my house. It was like the outsides were treated but inside had been so saturated that it finally came through in an eye watering strength. Yeah bummer about the box but until I can actually use these without smelling the smoke and making myself smell like smoke, the box is the least of the problem.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot 300B 1 minute ago
- › Has anyone tested the Beoplay h5 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone eq to tone down mid-bass 3 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › ~1.5 ft. Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 Y-Adapter Cable w/ Premium... 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...