- 7,198 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 8/25/15 at 10:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 131post #1951 of 22563/5/14 at 7:24amEarpads $199. Yes includes the used phones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 22563/5/14 at 8:07ampost #1953 of 22563/5/14 at 8:32ampost #1954 of 22563/5/14 at 9:12amI attempted the headband removal to try to treat it but half way thru I decided I didn't want to mess it up so put back. I have treated that in a different way than the pads. Long story but may have to remove it in the end, we ll see. Trying to avoid making these cost what they do new and feeling foolish. Learned a lesson though. Buyer beware.post #1955 of 22563/5/14 at 10:01ampost #1956 of 22563/5/14 at 10:50amI opened but there was a plastic tag under and then the headband seemed to be sealed with what looked like a seam from a plastic Baggie only sealed closed maybe along that seam. So I couldn't easily see how to get it off without unsealing that seam. ??post #1957 of 22563/5/14 at 2:24pmThe seam can be opened and closed, it is mounted in the m as nufacturing line like that. Have no time for pictures today, maybe at the weekend. Don't be afraid, just try it. It's that easy-to-use.post #1958 of 22563/5/14 at 2:56pmI should have asked here. If I have time I'll try but otherwise picks would be great!
Edit-Thanks, just took it off and re going over inside.
Edited by dallan - 3/5/14 at 3:55pmpost #1959 of 22563/8/14 at 10:01pm
Gotta say, i kinda get it with these two headphones-the Sig Pro and the Ed8. Really the Ed8 is more comfortable and the sound signature is geared toward out doors as a portable should. The slight tilt of the highs and the sub-bass are perfect for noisy outside conditions, cutting what you want to hear through the environment. On the other hand the Sig Pro has a more balanced sound, is heavier and more clampy and sealed tight. Seems to fit a home(with the exception of soundstage) or studio setting better. Walking in the Sig Pro with its uncomfortable headband hurts after a bit yet at home it is a non-factor because it doesn't drop against the head and make constant pressure on the top.
I feel that the Sig Pro slightly wins out on balanced presentation, but the Ed8 works better portable…..just as they are supposed to be used. So i get what they are trying to do. Glad i don't have to choose and i get them both I actually know which one i would choose but i will keep that to myself, along with the reasons, i will say they are both great headphones with very good instrument separation and detail.post #1960 of 22563/8/14 at 11:14pmpost #1961 of 22563/9/14 at 6:27pmpost #1962 of 22563/10/14 at 1:10ampost #1963 of 22563/19/14 at 10:13amWell, still working on the smoke smell. Getting better after soaking the poor beautiful headband in carpet deodorizer but now it has a purfumy smell and still a lingering cigarette smell but much better, going to try one more thing on that part. The ear pads on the other hand keep having the smell come back after I have it better, the smell just comes oozing out of the foam inside I guess. I don't want to soak them too because they are to delicate so it looks like I will end up ordering a new pair at ultrasone-$199. Plus shipping. Love the sound though. The box is going in the trash can. One of the cables had no smell, the other was very strong however simple green soaking and scrubbing fixed it. Wow what a chore these have been.post #1964 of 22563/19/14 at 11:01ampost #1965 of 22563/19/14 at 11:11amI can't even keep it (case) in my car, makes my whole car reek like I'm a smoker. Contacted seller and he said the earpads just smell like that and he didn't smoke. Funny, the long cord stank and the short one had no smell. I could tell the one that was used. When I got them at first I didn't really identify the smell but later it got so strong I couldn't keep them inside my house. It was like the outsides were treated but inside had been so saturated that it finally came through in an eye watering strength. Yeah bummer about the box but until I can actually use these without smelling the smoke and making myself smell like smoke, the box is the least of the problem.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser ie80, RHA T10, or DUNU DN-1000? 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods 9 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 10 minutes ago
- › 3.5mm Microphone Extension cable for small boom mic 10 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 10 minutes ago
- › New DAP Shanling M2 is coming, smaller size and all new design 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2