- 7,308 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 1/29/16 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 131post #1951 of 23403/5/14 at 7:24amEarpads $199. Yes includes the used phones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 23403/5/14 at 8:07ampost #1953 of 23403/5/14 at 8:32ampost #1954 of 23403/5/14 at 9:12amI attempted the headband removal to try to treat it but half way thru I decided I didn't want to mess it up so put back. I have treated that in a different way than the pads. Long story but may have to remove it in the end, we ll see. Trying to avoid making these cost what they do new and feeling foolish. Learned a lesson though. Buyer beware.post #1955 of 23403/5/14 at 10:01ampost #1956 of 23403/5/14 at 10:50amI opened but there was a plastic tag under and then the headband seemed to be sealed with what looked like a seam from a plastic Baggie only sealed closed maybe along that seam. So I couldn't easily see how to get it off without unsealing that seam. ??post #1957 of 23403/5/14 at 2:24pmThe seam can be opened and closed, it is mounted in the m as nufacturing line like that. Have no time for pictures today, maybe at the weekend. Don't be afraid, just try it. It's that easy-to-use.post #1958 of 23403/5/14 at 2:56pmI should have asked here. If I have time I'll try but otherwise picks would be great!
Edit-Thanks, just took it off and re going over inside.
Edited by dallan - 3/5/14 at 3:55pmpost #1959 of 23403/8/14 at 10:01pm
Gotta say, i kinda get it with these two headphones-the Sig Pro and the Ed8. Really the Ed8 is more comfortable and the sound signature is geared toward out doors as a portable should. The slight tilt of the highs and the sub-bass are perfect for noisy outside conditions, cutting what you want to hear through the environment. On the other hand the Sig Pro has a more balanced sound, is heavier and more clampy and sealed tight. Seems to fit a home(with the exception of soundstage) or studio setting better. Walking in the Sig Pro with its uncomfortable headband hurts after a bit yet at home it is a non-factor because it doesn't drop against the head and make constant pressure on the top.
I feel that the Sig Pro slightly wins out on balanced presentation, but the Ed8 works better portable…..just as they are supposed to be used. So i get what they are trying to do. Glad i don't have to choose and i get them both I actually know which one i would choose but i will keep that to myself, along with the reasons, i will say they are both great headphones with very good instrument separation and detail.post #1960 of 23403/8/14 at 11:14pmpost #1961 of 23403/9/14 at 6:27pmpost #1962 of 23403/10/14 at 1:10ampost #1963 of 23403/19/14 at 10:13amWell, still working on the smoke smell. Getting better after soaking the poor beautiful headband in carpet deodorizer but now it has a purfumy smell and still a lingering cigarette smell but much better, going to try one more thing on that part. The ear pads on the other hand keep having the smell come back after I have it better, the smell just comes oozing out of the foam inside I guess. I don't want to soak them too because they are to delicate so it looks like I will end up ordering a new pair at ultrasone-$199. Plus shipping. Love the sound though. The box is going in the trash can. One of the cables had no smell, the other was very strong however simple green soaking and scrubbing fixed it. Wow what a chore these have been.post #1964 of 23403/19/14 at 11:01ampost #1965 of 23403/19/14 at 11:11amI can't even keep it (case) in my car, makes my whole car reek like I'm a smoker. Contacted seller and he said the earpads just smell like that and he didn't smoke. Funny, the long cord stank and the short one had no smell. I could tell the one that was used. When I got them at first I didn't really identify the smell but later it got so strong I couldn't keep them inside my house. It was like the outsides were treated but inside had been so saturated that it finally came through in an eye watering strength. Yeah bummer about the box but until I can actually use these without smelling the smoke and making myself smell like smoke, the box is the least of the problem.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 11 seconds ago
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW (Part Deux) : A tale of two Sennheisers –... 47 seconds ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and... 3 minutes ago
- › Mojo's Greatest Hits 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Nova Vs Shure 535 6 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse