- 6,871 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 12/13/14 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 131post #1951 of 20853/5/14 at 7:24amEarpads $199. Yes includes the used phones
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1952 of 20853/5/14 at 8:07ampost #1953 of 20853/5/14 at 8:32ampost #1954 of 20853/5/14 at 9:12amI attempted the headband removal to try to treat it but half way thru I decided I didn't want to mess it up so put back. I have treated that in a different way than the pads. Long story but may have to remove it in the end, we ll see. Trying to avoid making these cost what they do new and feeling foolish. Learned a lesson though. Buyer beware.post #1955 of 20853/5/14 at 10:01ampost #1956 of 20853/5/14 at 10:50amI opened but there was a plastic tag under and then the headband seemed to be sealed with what looked like a seam from a plastic Baggie only sealed closed maybe along that seam. So I couldn't easily see how to get it off without unsealing that seam. ??post #1957 of 20853/5/14 at 2:24pmThe seam can be opened and closed, it is mounted in the m as nufacturing line like that. Have no time for pictures today, maybe at the weekend. Don't be afraid, just try it. It's that easy-to-use.post #1958 of 20853/5/14 at 2:56pmI should have asked here. If I have time I'll try but otherwise picks would be great!
Edit-Thanks, just took it off and re going over inside.
Edited by dallan - 3/5/14 at 3:55pmpost #1959 of 20853/8/14 at 10:01pm
Gotta say, i kinda get it with these two headphones-the Sig Pro and the Ed8. Really the Ed8 is more comfortable and the sound signature is geared toward out doors as a portable should. The slight tilt of the highs and the sub-bass are perfect for noisy outside conditions, cutting what you want to hear through the environment. On the other hand the Sig Pro has a more balanced sound, is heavier and more clampy and sealed tight. Seems to fit a home(with the exception of soundstage) or studio setting better. Walking in the Sig Pro with its uncomfortable headband hurts after a bit yet at home it is a non-factor because it doesn't drop against the head and make constant pressure on the top.
I feel that the Sig Pro slightly wins out on balanced presentation, but the Ed8 works better portable…..just as they are supposed to be used. So i get what they are trying to do. Glad i don't have to choose and i get them both I actually know which one i would choose but i will keep that to myself, along with the reasons, i will say they are both great headphones with very good instrument separation and detail.post #1960 of 20853/8/14 at 11:14pmpost #1961 of 20853/9/14 at 6:27pmpost #1962 of 20853/10/14 at 1:10ampost #1963 of 20853/19/14 at 10:13amWell, still working on the smoke smell. Getting better after soaking the poor beautiful headband in carpet deodorizer but now it has a purfumy smell and still a lingering cigarette smell but much better, going to try one more thing on that part. The ear pads on the other hand keep having the smell come back after I have it better, the smell just comes oozing out of the foam inside I guess. I don't want to soak them too because they are to delicate so it looks like I will end up ordering a new pair at ultrasone-$199. Plus shipping. Love the sound though. The box is going in the trash can. One of the cables had no smell, the other was very strong however simple green soaking and scrubbing fixed it. Wow what a chore these have been.post #1964 of 20853/19/14 at 11:01ampost #1965 of 20853/19/14 at 11:11amI can't even keep it (case) in my car, makes my whole car reek like I'm a smoker. Contacted seller and he said the earpads just smell like that and he didn't smoke. Funny, the long cord stank and the short one had no smell. I could tell the one that was used. When I got them at first I didn't really identify the smell but later it got so strong I couldn't keep them inside my house. It was like the outsides were treated but inside had been so saturated that it finally came through in an eye watering strength. Yeah bummer about the box but until I can actually use these without smelling the smoke and making myself smell like smoke, the box is the least of the problem.
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 23 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 39 seconds ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 43 seconds ago
- › Help! 45 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for open back headphones please 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Master 7 with Offramp compatible i2s 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch X11 or something else? 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)