No. The VERY FIRST ones that came out...forget the model number as I hated them & promised to not buy any of them again.......it was a few (3-5) years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 1/29/16 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 234112/30/11 at 7:18am
Thank you very much .yuo are good man^^ Thank for your information .I ever used Pro2900 and 2500 I very love sound signature of Ultrasone.I ever used LCD-2.2 but I sold in 2 week,it good Headphone but it not my lifestye.
In The TrueWorld somebody very love Ultrasone and Somebody don't like It.
But I love them everytime
My english isn't not good sorry^^post #198 of 234112/30/11 at 10:26ampost #199 of 234112/30/11 at 3:24pmpost #200 of 234112/30/11 at 4:23pm
Overall, this headphone has tested my ability to keep my views on subjectivity versus objectivity separate.
Anyone who already owns 2 or more Ultrasones and has the means should certainly consider the
Signature Pro as mentioned in earlier posts ~ it's almost worth it just for the incredible passive
noise isolation ~ it still amazes me every time I put them on.
My initial misconception was during the first 10hrs of burn-in where I over-estimated their bassiness,
there's no doubt they're not lacking in the bass department but anyone looking for a Pro 900 upgrade for the lower
register of the sound spectrum may be disappointed.
They do separate extremely well for a closed model and the sound stage overall is quite pleasant, the other
bonus being that they're easy to drive for anyone already owning a decent portable amp eg, Pico Slim, any
ALO, Ray Samuels etc ~ excellent portable, noise isolated audio awaits.post #201 of 234112/30/11 at 4:50pm
I definitely agree that these are "moderate" as far as Ultrasone bass goes. If you're looking for LOTS of bass, then the PRO 900 or 2900 may be worth trying. I also recommend seeking out an Edition 9 if you can find one, as they have more bass than the Edition 8 / Signature Pro but still much better quality than the PRO line imho.post #202 of 234112/30/11 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
Yes, the earpads and headband are top quality leather.
I suspect the Signature PRO was purposefully kept as utilitarian in design as possible, and that Ultrasone is directly responding to the criticism they've faced from their Edition series. That is, people are quick to target the Editions as being about luxury image and little else. Ultrasone is oft cited as being all sparkle and no substance.
The Signature PRO isn't a cheap feeling headphone. Holding it in your hands, you can feel that it has some heft and that it's built rock-solid. Even though it lacks the metal of the Editions, it feels stronger, and it's actually a headphone I wouldn't worry about taking out and about. It's not a headphone you have to baby, and personally I really like that.
It's not like Ultrasone doesn't make a distinctive looking, nice sounding headphone already. It's called the Edition 8. The Signature PRO has a somewhat different sound, but sounds just as good---if not better---and addresses different needs.
Head-fi will never be happy with the look of any headphone no matter how much the design is catered to them. A company could sit down with every member and make them a headphone specifically designed for each individual member and I still feel people would complain about the looks.
post #203 of 234112/30/11 at 7:03pmpost #204 of 23411/6/12 at 2:38ampost #205 of 23411/6/12 at 3:09ampost #206 of 23411/6/12 at 3:44amQuote:
If you're familiar with the material of the PRO 900 / 2900, then it's essentially the same sort of thing but thicker. The earcups have a slight texture to them and are matte. It feels quite solid and robust to me, and when handling them I personally get the feeling the plastic is used for durability and not cheapness. They have quite a nice heft to them (but not enough to be uncomfortable).post #207 of 23411/6/12 at 4:00am
I do appreciate the new headband. The older HFI style headband used on the Edition 9 had been known to snap in two on occasion, and the newest headband seems more robust. Contrary to my previous post, you can in fact replace it if need be, as there are small screws that I assume loosen it. In terms of comfort I'm not seeing much difference however.
The only issue I still have with the headband is that weird vein of plastic that runs down the top of it. Why is it even there? All it seems to do is cause some bumps along the top side of the band.post #208 of 23411/6/12 at 10:43ampost #209 of 23411/6/12 at 10:59amQuote:
I don't really believe in burn-in, so I don't do it with most of my headphones. The only time is when I don't like the sound initially and I figure I've got nothing to lose.
Sorry!post #210 of 23411/6/12 at 10:47pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 33 seconds ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Q Audio French Silk cable for Audeze/Hifiman (HE-6) - Banana Plugs... 3 minutes ago
- › [WTB] JBL LSR305 (Pair) 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 9 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 11 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...