No. The VERY FIRST ones that came out...forget the model number as I hated them & promised to not buy any of them again.......it was a few (3-5) years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 4/8/15 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 220212/30/11 at 7:18am
Thank you very much .yuo are good man^^ Thank for your information .I ever used Pro2900 and 2500 I very love sound signature of Ultrasone.I ever used LCD-2.2 but I sold in 2 week,it good Headphone but it not my lifestye.
In The TrueWorld somebody very love Ultrasone and Somebody don't like It.
But I love them everytime
My english isn't not good sorry^^post #198 of 220212/30/11 at 10:26ampost #199 of 220212/30/11 at 3:24pmpost #200 of 220212/30/11 at 4:23pm
Overall, this headphone has tested my ability to keep my views on subjectivity versus objectivity separate.
Anyone who already owns 2 or more Ultrasones and has the means should certainly consider the
Signature Pro as mentioned in earlier posts ~ it's almost worth it just for the incredible passive
noise isolation ~ it still amazes me every time I put them on.
My initial misconception was during the first 10hrs of burn-in where I over-estimated their bassiness,
there's no doubt they're not lacking in the bass department but anyone looking for a Pro 900 upgrade for the lower
register of the sound spectrum may be disappointed.
They do separate extremely well for a closed model and the sound stage overall is quite pleasant, the other
bonus being that they're easy to drive for anyone already owning a decent portable amp eg, Pico Slim, any
ALO, Ray Samuels etc ~ excellent portable, noise isolated audio awaits.post #201 of 220212/30/11 at 4:50pm
I definitely agree that these are "moderate" as far as Ultrasone bass goes. If you're looking for LOTS of bass, then the PRO 900 or 2900 may be worth trying. I also recommend seeking out an Edition 9 if you can find one, as they have more bass than the Edition 8 / Signature Pro but still much better quality than the PRO line imho.post #202 of 220212/30/11 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
Yes, the earpads and headband are top quality leather.
I suspect the Signature PRO was purposefully kept as utilitarian in design as possible, and that Ultrasone is directly responding to the criticism they've faced from their Edition series. That is, people are quick to target the Editions as being about luxury image and little else. Ultrasone is oft cited as being all sparkle and no substance.
The Signature PRO isn't a cheap feeling headphone. Holding it in your hands, you can feel that it has some heft and that it's built rock-solid. Even though it lacks the metal of the Editions, it feels stronger, and it's actually a headphone I wouldn't worry about taking out and about. It's not a headphone you have to baby, and personally I really like that.
It's not like Ultrasone doesn't make a distinctive looking, nice sounding headphone already. It's called the Edition 8. The Signature PRO has a somewhat different sound, but sounds just as good---if not better---and addresses different needs.
Head-fi will never be happy with the look of any headphone no matter how much the design is catered to them. A company could sit down with every member and make them a headphone specifically designed for each individual member and I still feel people would complain about the looks.
post #203 of 220212/30/11 at 7:03pmpost #204 of 22021/6/12 at 2:38ampost #205 of 22021/6/12 at 3:09ampost #206 of 22021/6/12 at 3:44amQuote:
If you're familiar with the material of the PRO 900 / 2900, then it's essentially the same sort of thing but thicker. The earcups have a slight texture to them and are matte. It feels quite solid and robust to me, and when handling them I personally get the feeling the plastic is used for durability and not cheapness. They have quite a nice heft to them (but not enough to be uncomfortable).post #207 of 22021/6/12 at 4:00am
I do appreciate the new headband. The older HFI style headband used on the Edition 9 had been known to snap in two on occasion, and the newest headband seems more robust. Contrary to my previous post, you can in fact replace it if need be, as there are small screws that I assume loosen it. In terms of comfort I'm not seeing much difference however.
The only issue I still have with the headband is that weird vein of plastic that runs down the top of it. Why is it even there? All it seems to do is cause some bumps along the top side of the band.post #208 of 22021/6/12 at 10:43ampost #209 of 22021/6/12 at 10:59amQuote:
I don't really believe in burn-in, so I don't do it with most of my headphones. The only time is when I don't like the sound initially and I figure I've got nothing to lose.
Sorry!post #210 of 22021/6/12 at 10:47pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 18 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 26 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 2 minutes ago
- › Tobias Audio Bazaar! (Audiofly, FAD, Hippo, LH Labs, Xiaomi,... 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2