No. The VERY FIRST ones that came out...forget the model number as I hated them & promised to not buy any of them again.......it was a few (3-5) years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 5/26/14 at 4:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 206412/30/11 at 7:18am
Thank you very much .yuo are good man^^ Thank for your information .I ever used Pro2900 and 2500 I very love sound signature of Ultrasone.I ever used LCD-2.2 but I sold in 2 week,it good Headphone but it not my lifestye.
In The TrueWorld somebody very love Ultrasone and Somebody don't like It.
But I love them everytime
My english isn't not good sorry^^post #198 of 206412/30/11 at 10:26ampost #199 of 206412/30/11 at 3:24pmpost #200 of 206412/30/11 at 4:23pm
Overall, this headphone has tested my ability to keep my views on subjectivity versus objectivity separate.
Anyone who already owns 2 or more Ultrasones and has the means should certainly consider the
Signature Pro as mentioned in earlier posts ~ it's almost worth it just for the incredible passive
noise isolation ~ it still amazes me every time I put them on.
My initial misconception was during the first 10hrs of burn-in where I over-estimated their bassiness,
there's no doubt they're not lacking in the bass department but anyone looking for a Pro 900 upgrade for the lower
register of the sound spectrum may be disappointed.
They do separate extremely well for a closed model and the sound stage overall is quite pleasant, the other
bonus being that they're easy to drive for anyone already owning a decent portable amp eg, Pico Slim, any
ALO, Ray Samuels etc ~ excellent portable, noise isolated audio awaits.post #201 of 206412/30/11 at 4:50pm
I definitely agree that these are "moderate" as far as Ultrasone bass goes. If you're looking for LOTS of bass, then the PRO 900 or 2900 may be worth trying. I also recommend seeking out an Edition 9 if you can find one, as they have more bass than the Edition 8 / Signature Pro but still much better quality than the PRO line imho.post #202 of 206412/30/11 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
Yes, the earpads and headband are top quality leather.
I suspect the Signature PRO was purposefully kept as utilitarian in design as possible, and that Ultrasone is directly responding to the criticism they've faced from their Edition series. That is, people are quick to target the Editions as being about luxury image and little else. Ultrasone is oft cited as being all sparkle and no substance.
The Signature PRO isn't a cheap feeling headphone. Holding it in your hands, you can feel that it has some heft and that it's built rock-solid. Even though it lacks the metal of the Editions, it feels stronger, and it's actually a headphone I wouldn't worry about taking out and about. It's not a headphone you have to baby, and personally I really like that.
It's not like Ultrasone doesn't make a distinctive looking, nice sounding headphone already. It's called the Edition 8. The Signature PRO has a somewhat different sound, but sounds just as good---if not better---and addresses different needs.
Head-fi will never be happy with the look of any headphone no matter how much the design is catered to them. A company could sit down with every member and make them a headphone specifically designed for each individual member and I still feel people would complain about the looks.
post #203 of 206412/30/11 at 7:03pmpost #204 of 20641/6/12 at 2:38ampost #205 of 20641/6/12 at 3:09ampost #206 of 20641/6/12 at 3:44amQuote:
If you're familiar with the material of the PRO 900 / 2900, then it's essentially the same sort of thing but thicker. The earcups have a slight texture to them and are matte. It feels quite solid and robust to me, and when handling them I personally get the feeling the plastic is used for durability and not cheapness. They have quite a nice heft to them (but not enough to be uncomfortable).post #207 of 20641/6/12 at 4:00am
I do appreciate the new headband. The older HFI style headband used on the Edition 9 had been known to snap in two on occasion, and the newest headband seems more robust. Contrary to my previous post, you can in fact replace it if need be, as there are small screws that I assume loosen it. In terms of comfort I'm not seeing much difference however.
The only issue I still have with the headband is that weird vein of plastic that runs down the top of it. Why is it even there? All it seems to do is cause some bumps along the top side of the band.post #208 of 20641/6/12 at 10:43ampost #209 of 20641/6/12 at 10:59amQuote:
I don't really believe in burn-in, so I don't do it with most of my headphones. The only time is when I don't like the sound initially and I figure I've got nothing to lose.
Sorry!post #210 of 20641/6/12 at 10:47pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Jospeh Grado HP2 / HP1000 37 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 4 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 7 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for $200 budget? 8 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › how much of your music collection have you actually listened to? 10 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)