No. The VERY FIRST ones that came out...forget the model number as I hated them & promised to not buy any of them again.......it was a few (3-5) years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on Yesterday at 12:43 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 9/1/12 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 14post #197 of 158312/30/11 at 7:18am
Thank you very much .yuo are good man^^ Thank for your information .I ever used Pro2900 and 2500 I very love sound signature of Ultrasone.I ever used LCD-2.2 but I sold in 2 week,it good Headphone but it not my lifestye.
In The TrueWorld somebody very love Ultrasone and Somebody don't like It.
But I love them everytime
My english isn't not good sorry^^post #198 of 158312/30/11 at 10:26ampost #199 of 158312/30/11 at 3:24pmpost #200 of 158312/30/11 at 4:23pm
Overall, this headphone has tested my ability to keep my views on subjectivity versus objectivity separate.
Anyone who already owns 2 or more Ultrasones and has the means should certainly consider the
Signature Pro as mentioned in earlier posts ~ it's almost worth it just for the incredible passive
noise isolation ~ it still amazes me every time I put them on.
My initial misconception was during the first 10hrs of burn-in where I over-estimated their bassiness,
there's no doubt they're not lacking in the bass department but anyone looking for a Pro 900 upgrade for the lower
register of the sound spectrum may be disappointed.
They do separate extremely well for a closed model and the sound stage overall is quite pleasant, the other
bonus being that they're easy to drive for anyone already owning a decent portable amp eg, Pico Slim, any
ALO, Ray Samuels etc ~ excellent portable, noise isolated audio awaits.post #201 of 158312/30/11 at 4:50pm
I definitely agree that these are "moderate" as far as Ultrasone bass goes. If you're looking for LOTS of bass, then the PRO 900 or 2900 may be worth trying. I also recommend seeking out an Edition 9 if you can find one, as they have more bass than the Edition 8 / Signature Pro but still much better quality than the PRO line imho.post #202 of 158312/30/11 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MuppetFace
Yes, the earpads and headband are top quality leather.
I suspect the Signature PRO was purposefully kept as utilitarian in design as possible, and that Ultrasone is directly responding to the criticism they've faced from their Edition series. That is, people are quick to target the Editions as being about luxury image and little else. Ultrasone is oft cited as being all sparkle and no substance.
The Signature PRO isn't a cheap feeling headphone. Holding it in your hands, you can feel that it has some heft and that it's built rock-solid. Even though it lacks the metal of the Editions, it feels stronger, and it's actually a headphone I wouldn't worry about taking out and about. It's not a headphone you have to baby, and personally I really like that.
It's not like Ultrasone doesn't make a distinctive looking, nice sounding headphone already. It's called the Edition 8. The Signature PRO has a somewhat different sound, but sounds just as good---if not better---and addresses different needs.
Head-fi will never be happy with the look of any headphone no matter how much the design is catered to them. A company could sit down with every member and make them a headphone specifically designed for each individual member and I still feel people would complain about the looks.
post #203 of 158312/30/11 at 7:03pmpost #204 of 15831/6/12 at 2:38ampost #205 of 15831/6/12 at 3:09ampost #206 of 15831/6/12 at 3:44amQuote:
If you're familiar with the material of the PRO 900 / 2900, then it's essentially the same sort of thing but thicker. The earcups have a slight texture to them and are matte. It feels quite solid and robust to me, and when handling them I personally get the feeling the plastic is used for durability and not cheapness. They have quite a nice heft to them (but not enough to be uncomfortable).post #207 of 15831/6/12 at 4:00am
I do appreciate the new headband. The older HFI style headband used on the Edition 9 had been known to snap in two on occasion, and the newest headband seems more robust. Contrary to my previous post, you can in fact replace it if need be, as there are small screws that I assume loosen it. In terms of comfort I'm not seeing much difference however.
The only issue I still have with the headband is that weird vein of plastic that runs down the top of it. Why is it even there? All it seems to do is cause some bumps along the top side of the band.post #208 of 15831/6/12 at 10:43ampost #209 of 15831/6/12 at 10:59amQuote:
I don't really believe in burn-in, so I don't do it with most of my headphones. The only time is when I don't like the sound initially and I figure I've got nothing to lose.
Sorry!post #210 of 15831/6/12 at 10:47pm
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
- Headphone Impedance
- › HM-901 just now
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Good quality headphones for iPod 1 minute ago
- › Your favorite guitar solos? 2 minutes ago
- › What genre of music would you say represents you most as a person??? 3 minutes ago
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum (Shipped in EU) 8 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe