or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 130

post #1936 of 2252
I concur but a lot is dependent on what the listener is used to, brain burn. Both are good, I am keeping both but may have to bite the bullet on new pads to fight smell ;(
post #1937 of 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

I concur but a lot is dependent on what the listener is used to, brain burn. Both are good, I am keeping both but may have to bite the bullet on new pads to fight smell ;(


Just as an FYI ....according to Ultrasone the pads and headband may be wiped down with a very lightly dampened clean cloth.

 

Glad to see your digging them so far.

post #1938 of 2252
delete
Edited by dallan - 3/1/14 at 3:58pm
post #1939 of 2252

Dallan,

if they are less comfortable than your HFI 650, then the pads are just worn out. Then the inside seam of the pads presses on your earlobes and causes discomfort. I replaced the pads recently ( 130 €:ph34r:) and now the comfort is very good. Mine where also bought used and that guy did use and abuse them a lot obviously....BTW. you could also swap the pads from the HFI 650 with the Signature PRO pads. I did this, but the sound is kinda off then. Seems that the leather contributes a lot to the very good sound signature.

post #1940 of 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
That said, the sound is up there in around spot 3 just below two flagships.

 

Which two Flagships?  

post #1941 of 2252
Audio technica W3000anv and Recabled HD800. Being aware that my he whole he set up is geared to it-Zana Deux amp in line. I am putting the two Ultrasones at even for now in 3rd. The main reason for those is portable application anyway.
post #1942 of 2252
Can't believe I may end buying new earpads. I should have bought new because still stinky headband even if I do that and getting closer to new price. At'll teach me........ My first and last used purchase ;(
post #1943 of 2252

Is there no way to return this pair to the seller? 

post #1944 of 2252
I had a similar experience with the audition 8's being way more comfy.
Edited by Oregonian - 3/1/14 at 7:04pm
post #1945 of 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

Can't believe I may end buying new earpads. I should have bought new because still stinky headband even if I do that and getting closer to new price. At'll teach me........ My first and last used purchase ;(

Have you tried contacting Ultrasone to see what they say? I'm thinking they might replace your headband and earpads under warranty, if not you can also ask for a discount. Hopefully they will be amenable. I heard of cases where people sent in Edition 8s with ripped up pads and Ultrasone replaced them under warranty.

 

On a side note, not sure if you've tried this but you should try some professional leather treatement stuff and rub a generous amount in as per instructions. Like the kind they use for leather couches etc. High quality leather is high quality leather no matter what product it's on. 

post #1946 of 2252
Deleted
Edited by dallan - 3/1/14 at 3:56pm
post #1947 of 2252

Deleted.


Edited by dallan - 3/1/14 at 3:56pm
post #1948 of 2252

Got the quotes from Ultrsone.  They were going to install and ship for free but i had to pay for the parts.  That would have made the cost $1151.60 for my used pair, not including the cleaning i have already tried…...

 

Well, so good news is, i think they are at a tolerable level without the new headband and ear pads as of today.  Right now is the first time i have had them on in several days, man the sound is good.  Still pissed that it was listed as "like new"……that's a rip off.

post #1949 of 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

Got the quotes from Ultrsone.  They were going to install and ship for free but i had to pay for the parts.  That would have made the cost $1151.60 for my used pair, not including the cleaning i have already tried…...

Well, so good news is, i think they are at a tolerable level without the new headband and ear pads as of today.  Right now is the first time i have had them on in several days, man the sound is good.  Still pissed that it was listed as "like new"……that's a rip off.

$1151 for pads and headband?!?! Or including what you paid? So what do pads cost?
post #1950 of 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


$1151 for pads and headband?!?! Or including what you paid? So what do pads cost?

 

Hopefully it is including what he already paid! LOL!

I think those pads sell for like $100 directly from them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro