Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 127

post #1891 of 2061

So they have a short light cord i guess it the question.  My ed8 does and the es10 i have does and that is important.  Have read so much about this phone thought i may try the flavor since i am constantly mobil lately.

post #1892 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

I am going back and forth between the Sig pro and the esw11.  Have both in carts.  Sig pro is a portable right?

 

 

i thought you have ed8?

post #1893 of 2061

Yes i do

post #1894 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

So they have a short light cord i guess it the question.  My ed8 does and the es10 i have does and that is important.  Have read so much about this phone thought i may try the flavor since i am constantly mobil lately.

it comes with two cords, one is about 1.5m and pretty light, the other is longer

post #1895 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

Yes i do


any reason? 

 

not saying signature pro is bad.  actually i like signature pro more more than ed8.  it's my to go portable headphones. 

post #1896 of 2061

Thanks!  I am on the fence.  I found a pair of sew11 because they are more balanced than my es10 then i was offered Sig pro used by some one for the same price and i thought i was crazy to go the esw11 route if i could pick up a pair of Sig pro's for the same price.  Not that i need them but my ed8 are getting old and probably need new ear pads at this point.  I have heard praise about these and maybe i wouldn't have to be so careful with them as the ed8.  Like the es10 more of a throw around.  They look very sturdy.

post #1897 of 2061

I just hope they sound better than the pro900/750's that i really don't like.  Originally i was told that they were a dressed up Pro 900 so they were off my list.

post #1898 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

Thanks!  I am on the fence.  I found a pair of sew11 because they are more balanced than my es10 then i was offered Sig pro used by some one for the same price and i thought i was crazy to go the esw11 route if i could pick up a pair of Sig pro's for the same price.  Not that i need them but my ed8 are getting old and probably need new ear pads at this point.  I have heard praise about these and maybe i wouldn't have to be so careful with them as the ed8.  Like the es10 more of a throw around.  They look very sturdy.

I think the Sig Pros are pretty sturdy, mine are practically unmarked despite being chucked in my rucsac. They sound pretty good too.

post #1899 of 2061

i heard esw11 ltd too.  maybe i'm not a at fan at all.  nothing special at all.  and it doesn't really isolate. 

 

and signature pro, for a portable setup, should sound better than ed8.  at a home/stationary setup, they're in the same league. 

post #1900 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

I just hope they sound better than the pro900/750's that i really don't like.  Originally i was told that they were a dressed up Pro 900 so they were off my list.

 

signature pro sound more like hfi780 than pro 900.

post #1901 of 2061

Trigger pulled……..ouch.  Still scary even after years of buying and tens of thousands spent…..:redface:

post #1902 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

Trigger pulled……..ouch.  Still scary even after years of buying and tens of thousands spent…..:redface:

you won't regret sig pros

post #1903 of 2061

Will report back once they arrive.  I love the ed8 le just wanted something more low profile that i didn't have to worry so much about.

post #1904 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

Will report back once they arrive.  I love the ed8 le just wanted something more low profile that i didn't have to worry so much about.


Oh, I worry a lot about my Signature PRO. I would never just throw it into a bag or backpack. I commute with my bike to work every day and the Signature PRO or DJ is always in its original case to protect it.

 

:ph34r: 

post #1905 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

So they have a short light cord i guess it the question.  My ed8 does and the es10 i have does and that is important.  Have read so much about this phone thought i may try the flavor since i am constantly mobil lately.

 

Sig Pro do have a short 1.5 m cable which is terminated as 3.5 mini plug.  There is a much finer silver cable (comes standard with Sig DJ) with phone mic. and remote controls which is available as well; very good cable for portable.  Sound quality is better than the ED 8 in my opinion, not by a lot, but better.  It is more neutral and natural.  Efficiency is excellent and they sound superb from a simple DAP, and like most, scale up with better gear.  Built like a tank.  They fold flat and so make a good transportable headphone, obviously not in the small light weight (PX100 arena) but no more of an issue than ES10 in a practical sense.  The worse aspect is that they are nowhere near as form fitting as your ED8, they stick out from the head a bit, RE: Dr Who Cyberman.

 

I will be interested in your thoughts regarding sound, as I think they are top tier in comparison to some of the best open headphones.  They don't have Q701 soundstage, and that is all I can fault with them.  Having said that I find their soundstage/headstage reasonably good, not closed in.


Edited by Kernmac - 2/22/14 at 2:55pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro