Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 110

post #1636 of 2061

I don't know if this online store ship to EU but prices are.... astonishing biggrin.gif

 

http://www.tonemove.com/129-ultrasone

post #1637 of 2061
I would instabuy it, but they do not ship to austria frown.gif
post #1638 of 2061

As I told you my French is bad, or not existing. So I cannot tell where this company is located. But if they charge in €, why don't they ship to Austria?

post #1639 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

As I told you my French is bad, or not existing. So I cannot tell where this company is located. But if they charge in €, why don't they ship to Austria?

 

Don't know. I mailed them over their customer support system. They mailed imidiately back. No shipping to Austria, just France and Belgium...

post #1640 of 2061

I live close to the french border. I have a college who lives on the French side. Maybe we could bring him to get us these prices.

post #1641 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

I live close to the french border. I have a college who lives on the French side. Maybe we could bring him to get us these prices.

 

I gave it up and bought the Fostex TH600 for 638€. Please do not ban me from the thread, as I will still wait for anothe unbeatable offer on the SP :)

post #1642 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post


Quite interesting to hear smily_headphones1.gif Did you ever mod your 900?

No, I did not.  And I could see how a lot of people wouldn't like them. For instance someone who listens to mainly acoustic music. However, the S-Logic is very pronounced, and placing instruments is very easy.

post #1643 of 2061

Been a while since I posted any impressions, the SigPro's were one of the best purchases I made and have since been looking for other equipment to build on their solid foundations.

 

Having recently bought a Grace M903 I can definitely say that the Grace pairs well with the Sig Pro, somewhat analytical and maybe even cold, the 903 has refined my Sig pro in to a more accurate and spacious reference headphone. 

 

Straight from my iphone, ipod, the Sig Pro's are fun and warm sounding. Adding a Headstage arrow (4g) tightens the bass and refines the mids, with a similar sonic character only more detailed and luscious. Using the NJC audio monitor 1 (connected via USB to my MacBookPro) tightens the bass while maintaining the warm sound signature; I've come to expect from my Sig Pro's

 

Plug them in to the Grace and the Sig Pro's become an entirely different animal; it's as if the have matured (and yes they have been burnt in). The change in the sonic character which is only apparent when paired with a more analytical sounding AMP/DAC has calmed them, they don't shout to be heard anymore, they know what they can do and they don't have to slap you across the face with the lower frequencies to retain their excitement.

 

Paired with the Grace they are easier to listen to for long periods, leaning more towards the neutral side of the spectrum they are more revealing and spacious;

 

If you're looking for a good sounding Headphone AMP/DAC/PRE with lots of connectivity and you would like a more neutral sound from you're Sig Pro's I highly recommend the Grace M903

post #1644 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by digaddict View Post

Been a while since I posted any impressions, the SigPro's were one of the best purchases I made and have since been looking for other equipment to build on their solid foundations.

Having recently bought a Grace M903 I can definitely say that the Grace pairs well with the Sig Pro, somewhat analytical and maybe even cold, the 903 has refined my Sig pro in to a more accurate and spacious reference headphone. 

Straight from my iphone, ipod, the Sig Pro's are fun and warm sounding. Adding a Headstage arrow (4g) tightens the bass and refines the mids, with a similar sonic character only more detailed and luscious. Using the NJC audio monitor 1 (connected via USB to my MacBookPro) tightens the bass while maintaining the warm sound signature; I've come to expect from my Sig Pro's

Plug them in to the Grace and the Sig Pro's become an entirely different animal; it's as if the have matured (and yes they have been burnt in). The change in the sonic character which is only apparent when paired with a more analytical sounding AMP/DAC has calmed them, they don't shout to be heard anymore, they know what they can do and they don't have to slap you across the face with the lower frequencies to retain their excitement.

Paired with the Grace they are easier to listen to for long periods, leaning more towards the neutral side of the spectrum they are more revealing and spacious;

If you're looking for a good sounding Headphone AMP/DAC/PRE with lots of connectivity and you would like a more neutral sound from you're Sig Pro's I highly recommend the Grace M903

Is that the NJC Monitor MKI? I gave serious consideration to buying the SigPro and partnering it with that amp. The Mark II looks good and the few people I've spoken to who have heard it say it's an excellent amp. Great for all demanding headphones - including the HE-6.
post #1645 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


Is that the NJC Monitor MKI? I gave serious consideration to buying the SigPro and partnering it with that amp. The Mark II looks good and the few people I've spoken to who have heard it say it's an excellent amp. Great for all demanding headphones - including the HE-6.

The NJC Monitor MKI is a good match for the Sig Pro's I feel, tightens up the bass nicely and makes the listening experience more addictive. I've also heard good things about pairing hifiman cans with the MKII.

 

I'm actually thinking of selling my NJC monitor now that I have the Grace, definitely open to a reasonable offer if you're interested. 

post #1646 of 2061

Haha. I might have been a couple of weeks ago but since getting hold of the Violectric stack, I'll not be needing another amp or DAC for a while. Congratulations on the Grace though. I love the look of those amps.

post #1647 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Haha. I might have been a couple of weeks ago but since getting hold of the Violectric stack, I'll not be needing another amp or DAC for a while. Congratulations on the Grace though. I love the look of those amps.

 

 

I was seriously considering the Violectric stack for a while, the only problem was using it as a pre amp to control my studio monitors. I didn't like the idea of having to change XLR's between monitors and headphones, aside from that little issue I think it would be a better match for the Sig Pro's than the Grace.

 

How does the Violectric sound with the Sig Pro's? Amazing I bet. Which amp do u have?

post #1648 of 2061
I didn't buy the SigPro. I thought about it and bid for a nearly new pair on eBay but didn't win the auction. The following day I got hold of some LCD-2's and am delighted with them paired with the Violectric stack. I have the V200. Great with orthos and high impedance headphones but it would probably be overkill for the easy-to-drive SigPros. Your Grace should prove to be a great buy - especially if you're using it with monitors too. I love the professional gear.
post #1649 of 2061

What portable amps/dacs pair well with the Sig Pros?

post #1650 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by avl06 View Post

What portable amps/dacs pair well with the Sig Pros?


Based on my experience with the Sig DJ, V-Moda Verza would be an excellent choice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro