I like treble too but I also like Ultrasone headphones. My solution for the Sig Pro - and I have the iQube v1 - was to buy the ALO Rx Mk ii and use it with a Nordost iKable 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. That works well for me. I also have a T5p which (a) is brighter than the Sig Pro and (b) works better with the iQube. The Sig Pro can sound really good, even for someone who likes a bit of sparkle (which I do). My portable system/rig of choice is the Sig Pro one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 100post #1486 of 18131/5/13 at 6:51ampost #1487 of 18131/5/13 at 6:57ampost #1488 of 18131/5/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I have the Fostex HP-P1 too, and I also find it a bit lacking when used with the Sig Pro. Initially the combination worked well, but as they both burned in (or my ears got used to them; take your pick), I found the combination to be less satisfying. Hence my buying the iQube, but that did not do what I wanted. So I bought the iKable and then the ALO Rx Mk ii. If my hearing was as good as my children's, I would probably have heard things differently. Too much loud headphone listening? Too much live music? Or just age? Probably all of them.post #1489 of 18131/5/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Maybe that is why i find the HP-P1 so satisfying with the ED8, from those who have heard both the Ed8 is brighter thus a better match with the HP-P1.
Edit-i have an RSA amp, the Hornet and it has the RSA "house sound". It is very warm so keep that in mind when pairing his amps to you HPs. Warm plus warm is sometimes overdoing it.
Edited by dallan - 1/5/13 at 12:47pmpost #1490 of 18131/6/13 at 5:15am
Just managed to listen to the Sennheiser Momentums which have been garnering quite a fair bit of positive reviews, especially with Tyll's endorsement. I had hoped that they'd sound 70-80% of what the SigPros do for me so I could save myself some $$$ by downgrading a step or 2 to the Momentums~
On first listen they seemed pretty neat, very nice and tight, clear separation of instruments, pretty ok soundstage... required a fair bit more juice than the SigPros though. I was like hmm... ok... seems like they're a possible minor downgrade!
Then I went back to my SigPros... OMG. Forget it... the difference is simply too great~ Soundstage was immediately apparent, everything just opened up, less congestion, the music just came alive. Upon direct comparison, off-hand I'd say the Momentums are at best 30-50% of the SigPros.
So much for trying to downgrade my portable gear >..<post #1491 of 18131/6/13 at 12:47pmpost #1492 of 18131/6/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
The Momentums are more portable than the SigPros. Looks are subjective, so it depends how you are using the HPs, and how you want to look as well. If based on SQ, then hands down SigPros. If based on comfort, I'll rate Momentums higher.post #1493 of 18131/6/13 at 5:56pmActually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.Quote:
Edited by justanut - 1/7/13 at 5:36ampost #1494 of 18131/7/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by justanut
Actually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.
ED 8 might be the most comfortable true circumaural I have ever worn.post #1495 of 18131/8/13 at 12:34amQuote:
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.post #1496 of 18131/8/13 at 1:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Ahzari
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.
SP has oval pads too ! Less oval than ed8 maybe but oval :) . Maybe my ears and my head have the right size but I feel comfortable for hours of listening with my SP. Though I agree with you , it's a tough confort such as a sports car .post #1497 of 18131/8/13 at 2:00ampost #1498 of 18131/8/13 at 6:36ampost #1499 of 18131/18/13 at 2:46pm
Yesterday I missed a Signature Pro on eBay Germany by just one second placed my bid a little too late. It was sold for 560 € and it was mint condition 7 weeks old from a good seller. AAAAARGHHHH.
But then I found another one on Amazon used also mint a 10 month old with 4 years guarantee left and only used for 3 hours.... Bought it right away
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
- Headphone Impedance
- › headphone suggestions (bass, walking, cycling, durability) 27 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 44 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 48 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 2 minutes ago
- › measurements are models 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital