I like treble too but I also like Ultrasone headphones. My solution for the Sig Pro - and I have the iQube v1 - was to buy the ALO Rx Mk ii and use it with a Nordost iKable 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. That works well for me. I also have a T5p which (a) is brighter than the Sig Pro and (b) works better with the iQube. The Sig Pro can sound really good, even for someone who likes a bit of sparkle (which I do). My portable system/rig of choice is the Sig Pro one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 100post #1486 of 21611/5/13 at 6:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1487 of 21611/5/13 at 6:57ampost #1488 of 21611/5/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I have the Fostex HP-P1 too, and I also find it a bit lacking when used with the Sig Pro. Initially the combination worked well, but as they both burned in (or my ears got used to them; take your pick), I found the combination to be less satisfying. Hence my buying the iQube, but that did not do what I wanted. So I bought the iKable and then the ALO Rx Mk ii. If my hearing was as good as my children's, I would probably have heard things differently. Too much loud headphone listening? Too much live music? Or just age? Probably all of them.post #1489 of 21611/5/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Maybe that is why i find the HP-P1 so satisfying with the ED8, from those who have heard both the Ed8 is brighter thus a better match with the HP-P1.
Edit-i have an RSA amp, the Hornet and it has the RSA "house sound". It is very warm so keep that in mind when pairing his amps to you HPs. Warm plus warm is sometimes overdoing it.
Edited by dallan - 1/5/13 at 12:47pmpost #1490 of 21611/6/13 at 5:15am
Just managed to listen to the Sennheiser Momentums which have been garnering quite a fair bit of positive reviews, especially with Tyll's endorsement. I had hoped that they'd sound 70-80% of what the SigPros do for me so I could save myself some $$$ by downgrading a step or 2 to the Momentums~
On first listen they seemed pretty neat, very nice and tight, clear separation of instruments, pretty ok soundstage... required a fair bit more juice than the SigPros though. I was like hmm... ok... seems like they're a possible minor downgrade!
Then I went back to my SigPros... OMG. Forget it... the difference is simply too great~ Soundstage was immediately apparent, everything just opened up, less congestion, the music just came alive. Upon direct comparison, off-hand I'd say the Momentums are at best 30-50% of the SigPros.
So much for trying to downgrade my portable gear >..<post #1491 of 21611/6/13 at 12:47pmpost #1492 of 21611/6/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
The Momentums are more portable than the SigPros. Looks are subjective, so it depends how you are using the HPs, and how you want to look as well. If based on SQ, then hands down SigPros. If based on comfort, I'll rate Momentums higher.post #1493 of 21611/6/13 at 5:56pmActually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.Quote:
Edited by justanut - 1/7/13 at 5:36ampost #1494 of 21611/7/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by justanut
Actually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.
ED 8 might be the most comfortable true circumaural I have ever worn.post #1495 of 21611/8/13 at 12:34amQuote:
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.post #1496 of 21611/8/13 at 1:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Ahzari
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.
SP has oval pads too ! Less oval than ed8 maybe but oval :) . Maybe my ears and my head have the right size but I feel comfortable for hours of listening with my SP. Though I agree with you , it's a tough confort such as a sports car .post #1497 of 21611/8/13 at 2:00ampost #1498 of 21611/8/13 at 6:36ampost #1499 of 21611/18/13 at 2:46pm
Yesterday I missed a Signature Pro on eBay Germany by just one second placed my bid a little too late. It was sold for 560 € and it was mint condition 7 weeks old from a good seller. AAAAARGHHHH.
But then I found another one on Amazon used also mint a 10 month old with 4 years guarantee left and only used for 3 hours.... Bought it right away
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 seconds ago
- › Best Schiit Amp for HD 650? 16 seconds ago
- › Boston Meet? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2