I like treble too but I also like Ultrasone headphones. My solution for the Sig Pro - and I have the iQube v1 - was to buy the ALO Rx Mk ii and use it with a Nordost iKable 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. That works well for me. I also have a T5p which (a) is brighter than the Sig Pro and (b) works better with the iQube. The Sig Pro can sound really good, even for someone who likes a bit of sparkle (which I do). My portable system/rig of choice is the Sig Pro one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 5/26/14 at 4:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 100post #1486 of 20611/5/13 at 6:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1487 of 20611/5/13 at 6:57ampost #1488 of 20611/5/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I have the Fostex HP-P1 too, and I also find it a bit lacking when used with the Sig Pro. Initially the combination worked well, but as they both burned in (or my ears got used to them; take your pick), I found the combination to be less satisfying. Hence my buying the iQube, but that did not do what I wanted. So I bought the iKable and then the ALO Rx Mk ii. If my hearing was as good as my children's, I would probably have heard things differently. Too much loud headphone listening? Too much live music? Or just age? Probably all of them.post #1489 of 20611/5/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Maybe that is why i find the HP-P1 so satisfying with the ED8, from those who have heard both the Ed8 is brighter thus a better match with the HP-P1.
Edit-i have an RSA amp, the Hornet and it has the RSA "house sound". It is very warm so keep that in mind when pairing his amps to you HPs. Warm plus warm is sometimes overdoing it.
Edited by dallan - 1/5/13 at 12:47pmpost #1490 of 20611/6/13 at 5:15am
Just managed to listen to the Sennheiser Momentums which have been garnering quite a fair bit of positive reviews, especially with Tyll's endorsement. I had hoped that they'd sound 70-80% of what the SigPros do for me so I could save myself some $$$ by downgrading a step or 2 to the Momentums~
On first listen they seemed pretty neat, very nice and tight, clear separation of instruments, pretty ok soundstage... required a fair bit more juice than the SigPros though. I was like hmm... ok... seems like they're a possible minor downgrade!
Then I went back to my SigPros... OMG. Forget it... the difference is simply too great~ Soundstage was immediately apparent, everything just opened up, less congestion, the music just came alive. Upon direct comparison, off-hand I'd say the Momentums are at best 30-50% of the SigPros.
So much for trying to downgrade my portable gear >..<post #1491 of 20611/6/13 at 12:47pmpost #1492 of 20611/6/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
The Momentums are more portable than the SigPros. Looks are subjective, so it depends how you are using the HPs, and how you want to look as well. If based on SQ, then hands down SigPros. If based on comfort, I'll rate Momentums higher.post #1493 of 20611/6/13 at 5:56pmActually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.Quote:
Edited by justanut - 1/7/13 at 5:36ampost #1494 of 20611/7/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by justanut
Actually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.
ED 8 might be the most comfortable true circumaural I have ever worn.post #1495 of 20611/8/13 at 12:34amQuote:
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.post #1496 of 20611/8/13 at 1:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Ahzari
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.
SP has oval pads too ! Less oval than ed8 maybe but oval :) . Maybe my ears and my head have the right size but I feel comfortable for hours of listening with my SP. Though I agree with you , it's a tough confort such as a sports car .post #1497 of 20611/8/13 at 2:00ampost #1498 of 20611/8/13 at 6:36ampost #1499 of 20611/18/13 at 2:46pm
Yesterday I missed a Signature Pro on eBay Germany by just one second placed my bid a little too late. It was sold for 560 € and it was mint condition 7 weeks old from a good seller. AAAAARGHHHH.
But then I found another one on Amazon used also mint a 10 month old with 4 years guarantee left and only used for 3 hours.... Bought it right away
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › IC: A&K AK120 3 seconds ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 25 seconds ago
- › Speaker stands... Non-sense or science? 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ProDJ200 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › What's a cool looking and deadly weapon 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 2 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)