I like treble too but I also like Ultrasone headphones. My solution for the Sig Pro - and I have the iQube v1 - was to buy the ALO Rx Mk ii and use it with a Nordost iKable 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. That works well for me. I also have a T5p which (a) is brighter than the Sig Pro and (b) works better with the iQube. The Sig Pro can sound really good, even for someone who likes a bit of sparkle (which I do). My portable system/rig of choice is the Sig Pro one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) Last post on 6/23/15 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- High End Closed Headphones (More and more options, anyone heard a few?) Last post on 5/23/12 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 100post #1486 of 22171/5/13 at 6:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1487 of 22171/5/13 at 6:57ampost #1488 of 22171/5/13 at 7:03amQuote:
I have the Fostex HP-P1 too, and I also find it a bit lacking when used with the Sig Pro. Initially the combination worked well, but as they both burned in (or my ears got used to them; take your pick), I found the combination to be less satisfying. Hence my buying the iQube, but that did not do what I wanted. So I bought the iKable and then the ALO Rx Mk ii. If my hearing was as good as my children's, I would probably have heard things differently. Too much loud headphone listening? Too much live music? Or just age? Probably all of them.post #1489 of 22171/5/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Maybe that is why i find the HP-P1 so satisfying with the ED8, from those who have heard both the Ed8 is brighter thus a better match with the HP-P1.
Edit-i have an RSA amp, the Hornet and it has the RSA "house sound". It is very warm so keep that in mind when pairing his amps to you HPs. Warm plus warm is sometimes overdoing it.
Edited by dallan - 1/5/13 at 12:47pmpost #1490 of 22171/6/13 at 5:15am
Just managed to listen to the Sennheiser Momentums which have been garnering quite a fair bit of positive reviews, especially with Tyll's endorsement. I had hoped that they'd sound 70-80% of what the SigPros do for me so I could save myself some $$$ by downgrading a step or 2 to the Momentums~
On first listen they seemed pretty neat, very nice and tight, clear separation of instruments, pretty ok soundstage... required a fair bit more juice than the SigPros though. I was like hmm... ok... seems like they're a possible minor downgrade!
Then I went back to my SigPros... OMG. Forget it... the difference is simply too great~ Soundstage was immediately apparent, everything just opened up, less congestion, the music just came alive. Upon direct comparison, off-hand I'd say the Momentums are at best 30-50% of the SigPros.
So much for trying to downgrade my portable gear >..<post #1491 of 22171/6/13 at 12:47pmpost #1492 of 22171/6/13 at 4:26pmQuote:
The Momentums are more portable than the SigPros. Looks are subjective, so it depends how you are using the HPs, and how you want to look as well. If based on SQ, then hands down SigPros. If based on comfort, I'll rate Momentums higher.post #1493 of 22171/6/13 at 5:56pmActually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.Quote:
Edited by justanut - 1/7/13 at 5:36ampost #1494 of 22171/7/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by justanut
Actually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.
ED 8 might be the most comfortable true circumaural I have ever worn.post #1495 of 22171/8/13 at 12:34amQuote:
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.post #1496 of 22171/8/13 at 1:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Ahzari
form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.
SP has oval pads too ! Less oval than ed8 maybe but oval :) . Maybe my ears and my head have the right size but I feel comfortable for hours of listening with my SP. Though I agree with you , it's a tough confort such as a sports car .post #1497 of 22171/8/13 at 2:00ampost #1498 of 22171/8/13 at 6:36ampost #1499 of 22171/18/13 at 2:46pm
Yesterday I missed a Signature Pro on eBay Germany by just one second placed my bid a little too late. It was sold for 560 € and it was mint condition 7 weeks old from a good seller. AAAAARGHHHH.
But then I found another one on Amazon used also mint a 10 month old with 4 years guarantee left and only used for 3 hours.... Bought it right away
- ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 seconds ago
- › cables are placebo 28 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 36 seconds ago
- › Looking for a pair of 'fun' closed-back headphones under 250$, any... 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)