Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro - Page 100

post #1486 of 2061

I like treble too but I also like Ultrasone headphones. My solution for the Sig Pro - and I have the iQube v1 - was to buy the ALO Rx Mk ii and use it with a Nordost iKable 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. That works well for me. I also have a T5p which (a) is brighter than the Sig Pro and (b) works better with the iQube. The Sig Pro can sound really good, even for someone who likes a bit of sparkle (which I do). My portable system/rig of choice is the Sig Pro one.

post #1487 of 2061

.


Edited by Omriff - 1/5/13 at 6:59am
post #1488 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanut View Post

I'm not sure if its due to the output impedance on the Fostex HP-P1, but I find them a tad lacking when driving the SigPros directly. Quite a fair bit of improvement can be had by adding on my iQube... Wonder if the RSA amps like Mustang will be a good match?

I have the Fostex HP-P1 too, and I also find it a bit lacking when used with the Sig Pro. Initially the combination worked well, but as they both burned in (or my ears got used to them; take your pick), I found the combination to be less satisfying. Hence my buying the iQube, but that did not do what I wanted. So I bought the iKable and then the ALO Rx Mk ii. If my hearing was as good as my children's, I would probably have heard things differently. Too much loud headphone listening? Too much live music? Or just age? Probably all of them.

post #1489 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omriff View Post

I have the Fostex HP-P1 too, and I also find it a bit lacking when used with the Sig Pro.

Maybe that is why i find the HP-P1 so satisfying with the ED8, from those who have heard both the Ed8 is brighter thus a better match with the HP-P1.

 

Edit-i have an RSA amp, the Hornet and it has the RSA "house sound".  It is very warm so keep that in mind when pairing his amps to you HPs.  Warm plus warm is sometimes overdoing it.


Edited by dallan - 1/5/13 at 12:47pm
post #1490 of 2061

Just managed to listen to the Sennheiser Momentums which have been garnering quite a fair bit of positive reviews, especially with Tyll's endorsement. I had hoped that they'd sound 70-80% of what the SigPros do for me so I could save myself some $$$ by downgrading a step or 2 to the Momentums~

 

On first listen they seemed pretty neat, very nice and tight, clear separation of instruments, pretty ok soundstage... required a fair bit more juice than the SigPros though. I was like hmm... ok... seems like they're a possible minor downgrade!

 

Then I went back to my SigPros... OMG. Forget it... the difference is simply too great~ Soundstage was immediately apparent, everything just opened up, less congestion, the music just came alive. Upon direct comparison, off-hand I'd say the Momentums are at best 30-50% of the SigPros.

 

So much for trying to downgrade my portable gear >..<

post #1491 of 2061
Thanks for writing this, I was actually wondering about the momentum as well..
post #1492 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

Thanks for writing this, I was actually wondering about the momentum as well..

The Momentums are more portable than the SigPros. Looks are subjective, so it depends how you are using the HPs, and how you want to look as well. If based on SQ, then hands down SigPros. If based on comfort, I'll rate Momentums higher.

post #1493 of 2061
Actually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly smily_headphones1.gif

I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

The Momentums are more portable than the SigPros. Looks are subjective, so it depends how you are using the HPs, and how you want to look as well. If based on SQ, then hands down SigPros. If based on comfort, I'll rate Momentums higher.

Edited by justanut - 1/7/13 at 5:36am
post #1494 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanut View Post

Actually I think the SigPro is more portable if you fold them up.. comfort wise, the Momentum is lighter but the ear cups barely fit my medium sized Asian ears.. in fact the top of my ear and my ear lobes are kinda squeezed in. Isolation isn't fantastic.. the Ed8 trumps both the SigPro and Momentum in that area significantly smily_headphones1.gif
I thought the comparison might have been useful cos I for one was trying to look for comparison despite the price difference.


ED 8 might be the most comfortable true circumaural I have ever worn.

post #1495 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


ED 8 might be the most comfortable true circumaural I have ever worn.

form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.

post #1496 of 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

form my short time with the ED8 I remember them being a bit more comfy than the Sig Pros which I thought were over clampy and wasnt crazy about the round pads instead of the ED8 oval pads. If the SP had been a more comfortable headphone for me - I would have had a harder time letting them go because they did sound great.

 

SP has oval pads too ! Less oval than ed8 maybe but oval :) . Maybe my ears and my head have the right size but I feel comfortable for hours of listening with my SP. Though I agree with you , it's a tough confort such as a sports car .

post #1497 of 2061
You're right the have a slight oval I may have been mistaking the earcups with the pro 900/2900.
post #1498 of 2061

That's actually my only knock on the Sig Pros... A bit of clamping + not super comfortable. Other than that, they are still the best I have heard of as of now...

post #1499 of 2061

Yesterday I missed a Signature Pro on eBay Germany by just one second placed my bid a little too late. It was sold for 560 € and it was mint condition 7 weeks old from a good seller. AAAAARGHHHH.

 But then I found another one on Amazon used also mint a 10 month old with 4 years guarantee left and  only used for 3 hours.... Bought it right awaygs1000.gif

post #1500 of 2061
Give it a good 200 hour break in you will love these. They sound great on the AK-100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro