So this Christmas I've decided to get my first high-end pair of headphones and I need help really badly. I was considering the Sennheiser HD598 but didn't know how I would like the open design because I've never had any experience with it. So I narrowed it down to two closed sets of cans, the Beats Pro(my original choice) or the Denon AH-D2000. I will pay either of the prices of these headphones and all I care about is pure sound quality (but i also like the style of the Beats). So if anybody has compared any headphones at all to the Beats Pro and thought they were better, PLEASE speak up. And if you have the D2000's or the Pro's, how do you like them?
- productBeats Pro High-Performance Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing new headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!post #1 of 139/5/11 at 2:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/5/11 at 2:52pm
Let me throw up a bit....
Denon for sure. They are 15 times better then Beats. (approximately, I think) Rough calculation.
But they are great cans that don't need a amp and will give you so much sound and comfort over the beats.post #3 of 139/5/11 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Have you heard the Beats Pro?post #4 of 139/5/11 at 2:56pm
If you're willing to fork out for the Beats Pro, you can move up the Denon chain for the same price and get the D5000s or a used pair of D7000s for just a bit more.
Regardless, I've owned the Beats Pro in a past life, they weren't offensive, but Denons packing material ultimately produces better sound.
Opt for any of the 3 (2K, 5K, or 7K) over the Beats, you'll be glad that you did.post #5 of 139/5/11 at 2:57pm
The three pound death trap?
Yes. It's like a solid metal brick with horrid sound and a OK cable. Worth about $150 in my book. But uncomfortable for anything longer then 10 minutes due to weight.
My friend has one, swears by it. I had him hear my SR80i and he flipped out how the difference of sound was like night and day.
But that's just my and his opinion.
Choose what you wish.post #6 of 139/5/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 139/5/11 at 3:28pmQuote:
Yes and no.
But for the price, it's only a small jump. Anything over the $300 range starts becoming a very small jump vs. the price. You'll only notice a very small increase of sound, but it collects later on in the end.
Denon don't need amp. But a DAC helps. Check out the Ibasso D-zero or a FiiO E7post #8 of 139/5/11 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 139/5/11 at 3:47pmThread StarterQuote:
didn't mean to do that. lolpost #10 of 139/5/11 at 3:49pmpost #11 of 139/5/11 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #12 of 139/5/11 at 4:07pmQuote:
Completely different. The HD598 is more for casual listening. Nothing very impactful but pleasantly balanced presentation of music. There's nothing really offending nor lacking about the HD598 so you can listen long periods with them with any genre. It's also open and like all open headphones, there is absolutely ZERO isolation.post #13 of 139/6/11 at 5:59am
First of all, Denon 2k or Beats Pro are not high-end headphones, these are entry level headphones.
For high ends, you are looking at Senn HD800, Beyerdynamic T1, Stax, LCD2, HifiMan HE6, Ultrasone Ed8/10 etc.
If I had to pick between Denon 2k and any Beats, I will go for the Denons.
- Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 36 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 58 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2