So this Christmas I've decided to get my first high-end pair of headphones and I need help really badly. I was considering the Sennheiser HD598 but didn't know how I would like the open design because I've never had any experience with it. So I narrowed it down to two closed sets of cans, the Beats Pro(my original choice) or the Denon AH-D2000. I will pay either of the prices of these headphones and all I care about is pure sound quality (but i also like the style of the Beats). So if anybody has compared any headphones at all to the Beats Pro and thought they were better, PLEASE speak up. And if you have the D2000's or the Pro's, how do you like them?
- productBeats Pro High-Performance Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing new headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
First off, let me say now that I am not an audiophile. I am a fan of audiophiles though and I learn a lot from you guys. I'm more of a budget-audio-enthusiast and I'd like to keep it that way. Some...
Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!post #1 of 139/5/11 at 2:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/5/11 at 2:52pm
Let me throw up a bit....
Denon for sure. They are 15 times better then Beats. (approximately, I think) Rough calculation.
But they are great cans that don't need a amp and will give you so much sound and comfort over the beats.post #3 of 139/5/11 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Have you heard the Beats Pro?post #4 of 139/5/11 at 2:56pm
If you're willing to fork out for the Beats Pro, you can move up the Denon chain for the same price and get the D5000s or a used pair of D7000s for just a bit more.
Regardless, I've owned the Beats Pro in a past life, they weren't offensive, but Denons packing material ultimately produces better sound.
Opt for any of the 3 (2K, 5K, or 7K) over the Beats, you'll be glad that you did.post #5 of 139/5/11 at 2:57pm
The three pound death trap?
Yes. It's like a solid metal brick with horrid sound and a OK cable. Worth about $150 in my book. But uncomfortable for anything longer then 10 minutes due to weight.
My friend has one, swears by it. I had him hear my SR80i and he flipped out how the difference of sound was like night and day.
But that's just my and his opinion.
Choose what you wish.post #6 of 139/5/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 139/5/11 at 3:28pmQuote:
Yes and no.
But for the price, it's only a small jump. Anything over the $300 range starts becoming a very small jump vs. the price. You'll only notice a very small increase of sound, but it collects later on in the end.
Denon don't need amp. But a DAC helps. Check out the Ibasso D-zero or a FiiO E7post #8 of 139/5/11 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 139/5/11 at 3:47pmThread StarterQuote:
didn't mean to do that. lolpost #10 of 139/5/11 at 3:49pmpost #11 of 139/5/11 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #12 of 139/5/11 at 4:07pmQuote:
Completely different. The HD598 is more for casual listening. Nothing very impactful but pleasantly balanced presentation of music. There's nothing really offending nor lacking about the HD598 so you can listen long periods with them with any genre. It's also open and like all open headphones, there is absolutely ZERO isolation.post #13 of 139/6/11 at 5:59am
First of all, Denon 2k or Beats Pro are not high-end headphones, these are entry level headphones.
For high ends, you are looking at Senn HD800, Beyerdynamic T1, Stax, LCD2, HifiMan HE6, Ultrasone Ed8/10 etc.
If I had to pick between Denon 2k and any Beats, I will go for the Denons.
- Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Mid-fi cans well suited for classical music and good mids/trebel... 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 33 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted! 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic A 20 amp 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Nouske NH-14 Hybrid 2-Way Balanced Armature + Dynamic Driver In-Ear... by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2