So this Christmas I've decided to get my first high-end pair of headphones and I need help really badly. I was considering the Sennheiser HD598 but didn't know how I would like the open design because I've never had any experience with it. So I narrowed it down to two closed sets of cans, the Beats Pro(my original choice) or the Denon AH-D2000. I will pay either of the prices of these headphones and all I care about is pure sound quality (but i also like the style of the Beats). So if anybody has compared any headphones at all to the Beats Pro and thought they were better, PLEASE speak up. And if you have the D2000's or the Pro's, how do you like them?
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing new headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!post #1 of 139/5/11 at 2:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/5/11 at 2:52pm
Let me throw up a bit....
Denon for sure. They are 15 times better then Beats. (approximately, I think) Rough calculation.
But they are great cans that don't need a amp and will give you so much sound and comfort over the beats.post #3 of 139/5/11 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Have you heard the Beats Pro?post #4 of 139/5/11 at 2:56pm
If you're willing to fork out for the Beats Pro, you can move up the Denon chain for the same price and get the D5000s or a used pair of D7000s for just a bit more.
Regardless, I've owned the Beats Pro in a past life, they weren't offensive, but Denons packing material ultimately produces better sound.
Opt for any of the 3 (2K, 5K, or 7K) over the Beats, you'll be glad that you did.post #5 of 139/5/11 at 2:57pm
The three pound death trap?
Yes. It's like a solid metal brick with horrid sound and a OK cable. Worth about $150 in my book. But uncomfortable for anything longer then 10 minutes due to weight.
My friend has one, swears by it. I had him hear my SR80i and he flipped out how the difference of sound was like night and day.
But that's just my and his opinion.
Choose what you wish.post #6 of 139/5/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 139/5/11 at 3:28pmQuote:
Yes and no.
But for the price, it's only a small jump. Anything over the $300 range starts becoming a very small jump vs. the price. You'll only notice a very small increase of sound, but it collects later on in the end.
Denon don't need amp. But a DAC helps. Check out the Ibasso D-zero or a FiiO E7post #8 of 139/5/11 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 139/5/11 at 3:47pmThread StarterQuote:
didn't mean to do that. lolpost #10 of 139/5/11 at 3:49pmpost #11 of 139/5/11 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #12 of 139/5/11 at 4:07pmQuote:
Completely different. The HD598 is more for casual listening. Nothing very impactful but pleasantly balanced presentation of music. There's nothing really offending nor lacking about the HD598 so you can listen long periods with them with any genre. It's also open and like all open headphones, there is absolutely ZERO isolation.post #13 of 139/6/11 at 5:59am
First of all, Denon 2k or Beats Pro are not high-end headphones, these are entry level headphones.
For high ends, you are looking at Senn HD800, Beyerdynamic T1, Stax, LCD2, HifiMan HE6, Ultrasone Ed8/10 etc.
If I had to pick between Denon 2k and any Beats, I will go for the Denons.
- Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 1 minute ago
- › FS: JH-3A DSP AMP w/ JH16 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Rooting Cowon Z2 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Cobalt 4 minutes ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi