So this Christmas I've decided to get my first high-end pair of headphones and I need help really badly. I was considering the Sennheiser HD598 but didn't know how I would like the open design because I've never had any experience with it. So I narrowed it down to two closed sets of cans, the Beats Pro(my original choice) or the Denon AH-D2000. I will pay either of the prices of these headphones and all I care about is pure sound quality (but i also like the style of the Beats). So if anybody has compared any headphones at all to the Beats Pro and thought they were better, PLEASE speak up. And if you have the D2000's or the Pro's, how do you like them?
- productBeats Pro High-Performance Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing new headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
I have heard the littledot mkIV, and it pretty much sounded like any other solid state amp as well so i though eh, littledot is just another shammy company... but then I discovered the MKIII - and...
Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!post #1 of 139/5/11 at 2:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/5/11 at 2:52pm
Let me throw up a bit....
Denon for sure. They are 15 times better then Beats. (approximately, I think) Rough calculation.
But they are great cans that don't need a amp and will give you so much sound and comfort over the beats.post #3 of 139/5/11 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Have you heard the Beats Pro?post #4 of 139/5/11 at 2:56pm
If you're willing to fork out for the Beats Pro, you can move up the Denon chain for the same price and get the D5000s or a used pair of D7000s for just a bit more.
Regardless, I've owned the Beats Pro in a past life, they weren't offensive, but Denons packing material ultimately produces better sound.
Opt for any of the 3 (2K, 5K, or 7K) over the Beats, you'll be glad that you did.post #5 of 139/5/11 at 2:57pm
The three pound death trap?
Yes. It's like a solid metal brick with horrid sound and a OK cable. Worth about $150 in my book. But uncomfortable for anything longer then 10 minutes due to weight.
My friend has one, swears by it. I had him hear my SR80i and he flipped out how the difference of sound was like night and day.
But that's just my and his opinion.
Choose what you wish.post #6 of 139/5/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 139/5/11 at 3:28pmQuote:
Yes and no.
But for the price, it's only a small jump. Anything over the $300 range starts becoming a very small jump vs. the price. You'll only notice a very small increase of sound, but it collects later on in the end.
Denon don't need amp. But a DAC helps. Check out the Ibasso D-zero or a FiiO E7post #8 of 139/5/11 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 139/5/11 at 3:47pmThread StarterQuote:
didn't mean to do that. lolpost #10 of 139/5/11 at 3:49pmpost #11 of 139/5/11 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #12 of 139/5/11 at 4:07pmQuote:
Completely different. The HD598 is more for casual listening. Nothing very impactful but pleasantly balanced presentation of music. There's nothing really offending nor lacking about the HD598 so you can listen long periods with them with any genre. It's also open and like all open headphones, there is absolutely ZERO isolation.post #13 of 139/6/11 at 5:59am
First of all, Denon 2k or Beats Pro are not high-end headphones, these are entry level headphones.
For high ends, you are looking at Senn HD800, Beyerdynamic T1, Stax, LCD2, HifiMan HE6, Ultrasone Ed8/10 etc.
If I had to pick between Denon 2k and any Beats, I will go for the Denons.
- Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Best Cheap Musician Iem's? 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD598 Dac/Amp Recommendations w/ mic in 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 10 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...