So this Christmas I've decided to get my first high-end pair of headphones and I need help really badly. I was considering the Sennheiser HD598 but didn't know how I would like the open design because I've never had any experience with it. So I narrowed it down to two closed sets of cans, the Beats Pro(my original choice) or the Denon AH-D2000. I will pay either of the prices of these headphones and all I care about is pure sound quality (but i also like the style of the Beats). So if anybody has compared any headphones at all to the Beats Pro and thought they were better, PLEASE speak up. And if you have the D2000's or the Pro's, how do you like them?
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 9/6/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice new headphones for 400-450$ Last post on 7/31/11 at 2:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing new headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!post #1 of 139/5/11 at 2:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 139/5/11 at 2:52pm
Let me throw up a bit....
Denon for sure. They are 15 times better then Beats. (approximately, I think) Rough calculation.
But they are great cans that don't need a amp and will give you so much sound and comfort over the beats.post #3 of 139/5/11 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:
Have you heard the Beats Pro?post #4 of 139/5/11 at 2:56pm
If you're willing to fork out for the Beats Pro, you can move up the Denon chain for the same price and get the D5000s or a used pair of D7000s for just a bit more.
Regardless, I've owned the Beats Pro in a past life, they weren't offensive, but Denons packing material ultimately produces better sound.
Opt for any of the 3 (2K, 5K, or 7K) over the Beats, you'll be glad that you did.post #5 of 139/5/11 at 2:57pm
The three pound death trap?
Yes. It's like a solid metal brick with horrid sound and a OK cable. Worth about $150 in my book. But uncomfortable for anything longer then 10 minutes due to weight.
My friend has one, swears by it. I had him hear my SR80i and he flipped out how the difference of sound was like night and day.
But that's just my and his opinion.
Choose what you wish.post #6 of 139/5/11 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 139/5/11 at 3:28pmQuote:
Yes and no.
But for the price, it's only a small jump. Anything over the $300 range starts becoming a very small jump vs. the price. You'll only notice a very small increase of sound, but it collects later on in the end.
Denon don't need amp. But a DAC helps. Check out the Ibasso D-zero or a FiiO E7post #8 of 139/5/11 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #9 of 139/5/11 at 3:47pmThread StarterQuote:
didn't mean to do that. lolpost #10 of 139/5/11 at 3:49pmpost #11 of 139/5/11 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #12 of 139/5/11 at 4:07pmQuote:
Completely different. The HD598 is more for casual listening. Nothing very impactful but pleasantly balanced presentation of music. There's nothing really offending nor lacking about the HD598 so you can listen long periods with them with any genre. It's also open and like all open headphones, there is absolutely ZERO isolation.post #13 of 139/6/11 at 5:59am
First of all, Denon 2k or Beats Pro are not high-end headphones, these are entry level headphones.
For high ends, you are looking at Senn HD800, Beyerdynamic T1, Stax, LCD2, HifiMan HE6, Ultrasone Ed8/10 etc.
If I had to pick between Denon 2k and any Beats, I will go for the Denons.
- Denon AH-D2000 or Beats Pro? PLEASE HELP!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 7 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 10 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 36 seconds ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Upgraded Little Dot MK III (UK/EU) 1 minute ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP drivers 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude