So did anyone compare this to anything? If not here, maybe on diyaudio?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Poutine Objective2 Amptagged by System, 6/20/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Portable Headphones for under 300? Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fiio E17 to drive Sennheiser HD650? Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones Under $200ish Last post on 9/14/12 at 2:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Objective2 Mini-Review and Discussion - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 38610/3/11 at 3:42pmpost #48 of 38610/3/11 at 6:30pmpost #49 of 38610/4/11 at 9:36ampost #50 of 38610/4/11 at 10:07ampost #51 of 38610/4/11 at 11:07am
If you need a lower constant voltage regardless of volume sure. There isn't anything horrible about using the ipod headphone out as a preamp in this case though. The O2 can handle it more than well enough.post #52 of 38610/4/11 at 1:54pm
Most headphone jacks I've measured tend to perform worse as line outs than the line out they are being fed, though they perform better as line outs than they do as headphone jacks. The only exception has been higher impedance headphone jacks that seem to perform about the same in either use. Not sure why electrically that would be the case. I would think, assuming the ipod has under 8 or 16ohms on the jack, its line out would perform better. Otherwise, isn't the O2 acting more like a low impedance buffer and current booster and it's the iPod that's doing all the voltage amplification? I know iPods distort after a certain voltage into headphone loads. I assume they wouldn't do that driving a line in, but still, the O2 probably does a better job. Since the iPod internally has a fixed line level feeding a headphone amp, I would just assume this line level in combination with the O2 will have higher performance. Maybe not?post #53 of 38610/4/11 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Reticuli2
Most headphone jacks I've measured tend to perform worse as line outs than the line out they are being fed, though they perform better as line outs than they do as headphone jacks. The only exception has been higher impedance headphone jacks that seem to perform about the same in either use. Not sure why electrically that would be the case. I would think, assuming the ipod has under 8 or 16ohms on the jack, its line out would perform better.
The ipod output impedance is roughly 30 ohms iirc.
Otherwise, isn't the O2 acting more like a low impedance buffer and current booster and it's the iPod that's doing all the voltage amplification?
The ipod is performing some voltage amplification. Think of a DAC going to an IV stage or preamp, then to an amp.
I know iPods distort after a certain voltage into headphone loads. I assume they wouldn't do that driving a line in, but still, the O2 probably does a better job. Since the iPod internally has a fixed line level feeding a headphone amp, I would just assume this line level in combination with the O2 will have higher performance. Maybe not?
The O2 would need a gain of 12 to reach the same amplification level, I really didn't want to mess with a gain the high. Let's say I get away from the ipod in the future and the next player does not have a line-out. Now I have to decrease the digital volume and dynamic range available to get it to work since most are ~1V. That is a bad trade-off in comparison IMO. I don't know whether the line-out into a gain of 12 would be better, but if it is I doubt it would be significant.
Sounds like something to ask NwAvGuy though :)
Replies in bold.post #54 of 3862/27/12 at 6:17pmpost #55 of 3863/7/12 at 7:06pmpost #56 of 3863/10/12 at 6:22pmpost #57 of 3863/11/12 at 9:04am
Please, be sure to let me (those who are curious) know how it mates with your D7!
Edited by SLCanhead - 3/11/12 at 9:06ampost #58 of 3863/11/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
I no longer have my D7. I have sold it away in exchange for an O2
The D7 is like a mini-replica of my desktop setup, very nice indeed. I hope that the O2 will work well with my desktop DAC on my custom iem to make the parting of my D7 more bearable. =)post #59 of 3863/11/12 at 5:52pm
Makes sense. Sorry to hear about your "loss", but from the way it sounds I am sure you will get over it ...
I guess I may have to be the first, then!Quote:
- Objective2 Mini-Review and Discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 30 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Attaching an E12 to an X3: useful? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-2 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 8 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 8 minutes ago
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 8 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)