New batch of Trident now comes with the 45 degree plug.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for budget IEMs for use in the gym Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DUNU Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review || Dunu Trident [DN-12] Last post on 4/8/12 at 4:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- For the answer (cielbleu) Last post on 9/7/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Philips SHE8500 OR Creative EP 630 Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
DUNU Trident (DN-12) Review - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup. Really good actually. However the straight plug was great as well.
honestly i never looked for one, i was mealy commenting on the lack of venting issues i had. its increasingly common for makers to use dynamics, not vent them to get more isolation and end up giving nothing but driver flex, these did none of that.
damn whys that? im looking at stuff at the $40 range. i have on my list
brainwavz m1 (or proalpha?)
metrofi 220 or superfi4
klipsch s3 (i have s2, i think they use same driver so wouldnt really be an upgrade correct?)
Mp4nation ships from Hong Kong directly using hong kong post, and the shipping's free (or at least it's included in the cost of the earphone, so no extra surcharge). Hong Kong Post sucks. :P
I can't comment on any of those other earphones though, because I haven't heard them. But I've heard that the Brainwavz Betas are rather good in their price range.
audio shop? can you link me i cant find it on search engine. and these guys are based out of hong kong, im seriously considereing just getting a klipsch s3 or a metrofi220 or superfi4.
i have a klipsch s2 and borrowing a friends backbeat titanium(metrofi200 i think) while they both sound good, you can tell the ue (well altec lansing i doubt they changed build tho) are higher quality. they isolate my drums much better with a dual flange tip, and the sound has a lot more clairty to it than the klipsch.
are the s3s a big step up from the s2, becuase the only thing i love about the klipsch is the look and comfort? only then will i consider a s3. dont get me wrong, they are amazing for what i paid, but 50$retial is less than the backbeats 80$retial and it does show. the backbeat titanium just sounds like it has more layers of sound than the klipsch s2, and i dont think this will change after they break in, as ive only had them for a week, but i dont think break in really changes sound to that extent (and i dont know how much better s2 isolation will be with dual flange, i doubt as high as backbeats) do the s3 isolate and sound much better than the s2s?
one problem is for some reason on the superfi4 there is no port, but on the backbeat pro, same headphone they put a port on the back. im drumming with these so wont this KILL the claimed -26 that the ue verison has? also does it sound better than the metrofi200(backbeat titanium)? i also listened to a friends pair of backbeat pros(superfi4) they didnt have the in your faceness of the backbeat titanium (metrofi200)'s low end. the bottem end is just right in my opinion. the clairty on both was comparable, but of coure the armature was a little better. i dont want to be void of that in your face low end! arent the pros supposed to sound better?? im willing to get the pros over the titaniums for 10$ extra, but is it even worth it?
and then theres the trident which i have to buy from hong kong and wait for, not be sure about warranty or just buy a backbeat titanium, pro or klipsch s3.
and i called logitech today they said they cover the old ultimate ear line, so i have 1 or 2 year i forget what is it is just in case the superfi4 die (which i see is a good amount for some reason?) and replace it with a comparable one of their new line. if anyone was wondering fyi
anyone that can help is GREATLY appreciated. thanks!
Edited by bmeat - 10/13/11 at 10:09pm
was hoping for 40, or 30 which are the backbeat pro and titanium prices. i was looking at a pink(lol) shure se115 but these things look huge! and theyre pink, but 50$ vs the other colors $80 or something price.
if all else fails i will put ear muffs over the iems, so its really whatever on that. the backbeat titaniums with dual flange actually work just as good as my vic firth s1h1 isolation phones! im just saying the backbeat titanium(metrofi200) has better sound quality then the klipsch s2, and held out the sound better than the s2 are both like $30. i love the design of the klipsch s2 though, wish they sounded better!
what im wondering is why to my ears did the backbeat pros not sound as full as the cheaper, older metrofi200(backbeat titanium)? would the superfi4 (backbeat pro) even be considered an upgrade, i mean it is priced higher and newer..
do the klipsch s3 sound more layered than the s2 at all? they are rated at same isolation -18db. the backbeat titanium at -16 and pro at -26, but i dont see how this is possible when the ****heads cut out ports on the back of a balanced armature
Edited by bmeat - 10/13/11 at 10:33pm
linked it a few posts back...
It's based in Singapore.
- DUNU Trident (DN-12) Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone AMP/DAC combo for Audeze LCD-2s 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › With headphones can two supersonic tones (say 30k and 33K) at high... 7 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage AKG K240 Sextette amp question 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 9 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 10 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi