So I have decided to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and can you guys suggest some amps to run my Pro 900? Can I use these headphones directly to my iPod/ Sony Walkman?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900 Last post on 8/1/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding a suitable headphone Last post on 7/28/11 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Cheap Amp for Pro 900?post #1 of 69/4/11 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/4/11 at 4:51pmpost #3 of 69/4/11 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BotByte
They need an amp, but anything will do
Is a good and cheap one. FiiO E7, E11 are also good
Agreed. But would lean more on PA2V2 and Fiio E11 than E7, due to its signature. As a PA2V2 and Pro 900 user myself, I can vouch for them being a good match, balancing each other out nicely.
Still, if you plug the Pro 900 to your PMP, they will sound ok and moderately loud, depending on the output of your PMP. Although, the Pro 900 do benefit from additional amping, even if they're relatively easy to drive.post #4 of 69/4/11 at 4:56pm
they are, but then they need more juice.
I've never experienced any crackle from underpowering, but also pushed my volume to max trying to get them to my volume level on some live stuff.post #5 of 69/4/11 at 5:31pmpost #6 of 69/20/11 at 6:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I might get the PA2V2 tomorrow. How's the sound with PRO 900? does it give more deeper and punchier bass?
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 21 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 29 seconds ago
- › I lost my SE535s... 43 seconds ago
- › Like New Sennheiser HD 650 w/ 4ft. Acid Purple Silver cable, new pads 45 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 53 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY.... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2