So I have decided to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and can you guys suggest some amps to run my Pro 900? Can I use these headphones directly to my iPod/ Sony Walkman?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900 Last post on 8/1/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding a suitable headphone Last post on 7/28/11 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Cheap Amp for Pro 900?post #1 of 69/4/11 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/4/11 at 4:51pmpost #3 of 69/4/11 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BotByte
They need an amp, but anything will do
Is a good and cheap one. FiiO E7, E11 are also good
Agreed. But would lean more on PA2V2 and Fiio E11 than E7, due to its signature. As a PA2V2 and Pro 900 user myself, I can vouch for them being a good match, balancing each other out nicely.
Still, if you plug the Pro 900 to your PMP, they will sound ok and moderately loud, depending on the output of your PMP. Although, the Pro 900 do benefit from additional amping, even if they're relatively easy to drive.post #4 of 69/4/11 at 4:56pm
they are, but then they need more juice.
I've never experienced any crackle from underpowering, but also pushed my volume to max trying to get them to my volume level on some live stuff.post #5 of 69/4/11 at 5:31pmpost #6 of 69/20/11 at 6:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I might get the PA2V2 tomorrow. How's the sound with PRO 900? does it give more deeper and punchier bass?
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 28 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new pair of open-back headphones that has bass! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Jh Roxannes universal 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...