So I have decided to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and can you guys suggest some amps to run my Pro 900? Can I use these headphones directly to my iPod/ Sony Walkman?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900 Last post on 8/1/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding a suitable headphone Last post on 7/28/11 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
Cheap Amp for Pro 900?post #1 of 69/4/11 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/4/11 at 4:51pmpost #3 of 69/4/11 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BotByte
They need an amp, but anything will do
Is a good and cheap one. FiiO E7, E11 are also good
Agreed. But would lean more on PA2V2 and Fiio E11 than E7, due to its signature. As a PA2V2 and Pro 900 user myself, I can vouch for them being a good match, balancing each other out nicely.
Still, if you plug the Pro 900 to your PMP, they will sound ok and moderately loud, depending on the output of your PMP. Although, the Pro 900 do benefit from additional amping, even if they're relatively easy to drive.post #4 of 69/4/11 at 4:56pm
they are, but then they need more juice.
I've never experienced any crackle from underpowering, but also pushed my volume to max trying to get them to my volume level on some live stuff.post #5 of 69/4/11 at 5:31pmpost #6 of 69/20/11 at 6:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I might get the PA2V2 tomorrow. How's the sound with PRO 900? does it give more deeper and punchier bass?
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 57 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...