So I have decided to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and can you guys suggest some amps to run my Pro 900? Can I use these headphones directly to my iPod/ Sony Walkman?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900 Last post on 8/1/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding a suitable headphone Last post on 7/28/11 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Cheap Amp for Pro 900?post #1 of 69/4/11 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/4/11 at 4:51pmpost #3 of 69/4/11 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BotByte
They need an amp, but anything will do
Is a good and cheap one. FiiO E7, E11 are also good
Agreed. But would lean more on PA2V2 and Fiio E11 than E7, due to its signature. As a PA2V2 and Pro 900 user myself, I can vouch for them being a good match, balancing each other out nicely.
Still, if you plug the Pro 900 to your PMP, they will sound ok and moderately loud, depending on the output of your PMP. Although, the Pro 900 do benefit from additional amping, even if they're relatively easy to drive.post #4 of 69/4/11 at 4:56pm
they are, but then they need more juice.
I've never experienced any crackle from underpowering, but also pushed my volume to max trying to get them to my volume level on some live stuff.post #5 of 69/4/11 at 5:31pmpost #6 of 69/20/11 at 6:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I might get the PA2V2 tomorrow. How's the sound with PRO 900? does it give more deeper and punchier bass?
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)