So I have decided to get the Ultrasone Pro 900 and can you guys suggest some amps to run my Pro 900? Can I use these headphones directly to my iPod/ Sony Walkman?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/6/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/6/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/6/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 9/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900 Last post on 8/1/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding a suitable headphone Last post on 7/28/11 at 12:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
Cheap Amp for Pro 900?post #1 of 69/4/11 at 3:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/4/11 at 4:51pmpost #3 of 69/4/11 at 4:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BotByte
They need an amp, but anything will do
Is a good and cheap one. FiiO E7, E11 are also good
Agreed. But would lean more on PA2V2 and Fiio E11 than E7, due to its signature. As a PA2V2 and Pro 900 user myself, I can vouch for them being a good match, balancing each other out nicely.
Still, if you plug the Pro 900 to your PMP, they will sound ok and moderately loud, depending on the output of your PMP. Although, the Pro 900 do benefit from additional amping, even if they're relatively easy to drive.post #4 of 69/4/11 at 4:56pm
they are, but then they need more juice.
I've never experienced any crackle from underpowering, but also pushed my volume to max trying to get them to my volume level on some live stuff.post #5 of 69/4/11 at 5:31pmpost #6 of 69/20/11 at 6:02pmThread StarterQuote:
I might get the PA2V2 tomorrow. How's the sound with PRO 900? does it give more deeper and punchier bass?
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Wireless headphones under 150$ 1 minute ago
- › Could use some recommendations on a better headphone amplifier. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Koss HV/A1 headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear