Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Is it safe to buy a HD600 off Amazon?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is it safe to buy a HD600 off Amazon?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

Is it safe to buy a HD600 off Amazon?  Are these going to be the real thing, made in Germany?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Dynamic-Professional-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00004SY4H 

post #2 of 22

Just make sure it is sold through Amazon and not a third party vendor.  Looks like those ship from Amazon, so go for it.

post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIgsurprise View Post

Just make sure it is sold through Amazon and not a third party vendor.  Looks like those ship from Amazon, so go for it.



"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com "

 

So, these are definitely going to be real? Are they made in Germany?

 

post #4 of 22

Yes... Amazon is an authorized retailer of Sennheiser products. 

post #5 of 22

HD600 are made in Ireland, not Germany.

post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennheiserhd485 View Post

Is it safe to buy a HD600 off Amazon?  Are these going to be the real thing, made in Germany?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Dynamic-Professional-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00004SY4H 



Good god no! What do you think they are, one of the top e-tailers in the world with a good reputation and endless distribution deals?

post #7 of 22
On a side note, can we lodge complaints over retailers who try to claim/spread rumours or conspiracies that Amazon themselves sell fake Sennheiser products?
post #8 of 22

Let's just put it this way. If you can't trust Amazon with its products, you can't trust anybody and might as well grab the HD600 fresh from the factory.

 

post #9 of 22
Did you consider one of Head-Fi's sponsors?

They really help us out, from sponsoring the site to bringing gear to meets. I've met many of them and they're good businesses that are trying hard to earn our support. They get mine.

If you find a lower price from another authorized retailer, give them a call and see if they'll price match.
post #10 of 22

I've had bad experiences with ElectronicsExpo and Beach Camera....................so yah, i'm staying away, i should have known better and bought straight from Amazon.

post #11 of 22

Look at the offerings of our sponsors.  Regarding Amazon:  as long as you buy directly from Amazon and not one of their marketplace vendors, you'll be fine.  

post #12 of 22

Buy with confidence. I bought my HD600 from Amazon three years ago, shipped via UPS overnight delivery.

post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Did you consider one of Head-Fi's sponsors?

They really help us out, from sponsoring the site to bringing gear to meets. I've met many of them and they're good businesses that are trying hard to earn our support. They get mine.

If you find a lower price from another authorized retailer, give them a call and see if they'll price match.


I would love to buy them from Tyll, but they aren't sold on Headroom anymore. Moon Audio has them, but they are $400 there. I do know that Headroom would not match the price on the AD700s from Newegg that I bought.

 

post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime1213 View Post

Let's just put it this way. If you can't trust Amazon with its products, you can't trust anybody and might as well grab the HD600 fresh from the factory.

 



How can I get it from the factory? Sennheiser doesn't have an official store, do they?

 

post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post





Good god no! What do you think they are, one of the top e-tailers in the world with a good reputation and endless distribution deals?



I prefer to buy them from a headphone dealer. It seems so much more wise to do it that way.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Is it safe to buy a HD600 off Amazon?