You are correct I am vague and I have not heard every cheaper earphones in the market. I think I can easily say any car under $20,000 will never beat a $80,000 car on the track. Are you saying the Shure 530 is not as good as a $99 dollar earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Fast IEM recommendations for classical type music Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AH-300, is it good enough or are there any contenders? Last post on 11/2/13 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
New earphones for bass head - Page 5post #61 of 6512/6/11 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6512/6/11 at 9:03pmpost #63 of 6512/6/11 at 10:24pmQuote:
That would be a fair assumption if audio gear were comparable to cars. The audio world is the easiest to trick considering most who buy into high-end gear rarely care for hard facts and look to subjective information, which is completely opposite for cars. Want an example? Almost everyone who was tested failed a cable double blind test using high end cables against Radioshack cables. We're talking $1,000 cables against $5 cables. Here's another, the Fischer FA-003 has been compared directly to Sennheiser HD600, which are more than double the price. In the audio world price means nothing as far as quality ratio is concerned or how "better" something is.
Edited by keanex - 12/6/11 at 10:27pmpost #64 of 6512/7/11 at 5:37pm
I agree again, we can believe anything we would like to believe. I believe my Westone 3 sounds better than mt cheapy Koss earphones. I also believe if I replaced the cables on the Koss they will not sound better then the Westones. I also believe Ipods sound average.post #65 of 6512/7/11 at 5:57pm
If you ever decide on buying a new pair, I recommend going to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club.
It's flooded with helpful people who has the same sound preference as you do.
However, I see you got lucky and had a lot of people to help you...
Also: I recommend the Mee Electronics Sp51 with the EXTREME bass ports or the Mee Electronics M31. Both earphones have very decent reviews, are very durable, have absolutely amazing customer service, and should give much more bass than you would ever need or want. If you buy from amazon, they should be quite cheap, but a bit higher then $15.
Also, you should look at ljokerl's 207 IEM throw out. He is an excellent reviewer, and his thread is more than worth taking a look at..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones for bass head
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...