You are correct I am vague and I have not heard every cheaper earphones in the market. I think I can easily say any car under $20,000 will never beat a $80,000 car on the track. Are you saying the Shure 530 is not as good as a $99 dollar earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Fast IEM recommendations for classical type music Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AH-300, is it good enough or are there any contenders? Last post on 11/2/13 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
New earphones for bass head - Page 5post #61 of 6512/6/11 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6512/6/11 at 9:03pmpost #63 of 6512/6/11 at 10:24pmQuote:
That would be a fair assumption if audio gear were comparable to cars. The audio world is the easiest to trick considering most who buy into high-end gear rarely care for hard facts and look to subjective information, which is completely opposite for cars. Want an example? Almost everyone who was tested failed a cable double blind test using high end cables against Radioshack cables. We're talking $1,000 cables against $5 cables. Here's another, the Fischer FA-003 has been compared directly to Sennheiser HD600, which are more than double the price. In the audio world price means nothing as far as quality ratio is concerned or how "better" something is.
Edited by keanex - 12/6/11 at 10:27pmpost #64 of 6512/7/11 at 5:37pm
I agree again, we can believe anything we would like to believe. I believe my Westone 3 sounds better than mt cheapy Koss earphones. I also believe if I replaced the cables on the Koss they will not sound better then the Westones. I also believe Ipods sound average.post #65 of 6512/7/11 at 5:57pm
If you ever decide on buying a new pair, I recommend going to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club.
It's flooded with helpful people who has the same sound preference as you do.
However, I see you got lucky and had a lot of people to help you...
Also: I recommend the Mee Electronics Sp51 with the EXTREME bass ports or the Mee Electronics M31. Both earphones have very decent reviews, are very durable, have absolutely amazing customer service, and should give much more bass than you would ever need or want. If you buy from amazon, they should be quite cheap, but a bit higher then $15.
Also, you should look at ljokerl's 207 IEM throw out. He is an excellent reviewer, and his thread is more than worth taking a look at..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones for bass head
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 18 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › How To Disassemble Logitech Ultimate Ears 9000 Headphones - Battery... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Little dot MK III issues 8 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)