You are correct I am vague and I have not heard every cheaper earphones in the market. I think I can easily say any car under $20,000 will never beat a $80,000 car on the track. Are you saying the Shure 530 is not as good as a $99 dollar earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Fast IEM recommendations for classical type music Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AH-300, is it good enough or are there any contenders? Last post on 11/2/13 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
New earphones for bass head - Page 5post #61 of 6512/6/11 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6512/6/11 at 9:03pmpost #63 of 6512/6/11 at 10:24pmQuote:
That would be a fair assumption if audio gear were comparable to cars. The audio world is the easiest to trick considering most who buy into high-end gear rarely care for hard facts and look to subjective information, which is completely opposite for cars. Want an example? Almost everyone who was tested failed a cable double blind test using high end cables against Radioshack cables. We're talking $1,000 cables against $5 cables. Here's another, the Fischer FA-003 has been compared directly to Sennheiser HD600, which are more than double the price. In the audio world price means nothing as far as quality ratio is concerned or how "better" something is.
Edited by keanex - 12/6/11 at 10:27pmpost #64 of 6512/7/11 at 5:37pm
I agree again, we can believe anything we would like to believe. I believe my Westone 3 sounds better than mt cheapy Koss earphones. I also believe if I replaced the cables on the Koss they will not sound better then the Westones. I also believe Ipods sound average.post #65 of 6512/7/11 at 5:57pm
If you ever decide on buying a new pair, I recommend going to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club.
It's flooded with helpful people who has the same sound preference as you do.
However, I see you got lucky and had a lot of people to help you...
Also: I recommend the Mee Electronics Sp51 with the EXTREME bass ports or the Mee Electronics M31. Both earphones have very decent reviews, are very durable, have absolutely amazing customer service, and should give much more bass than you would ever need or want. If you buy from amazon, they should be quite cheap, but a bit higher then $15.
Also, you should look at ljokerl's 207 IEM throw out. He is an excellent reviewer, and his thread is more than worth taking a look at..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones for bass head
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 6 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio K5 Practically unused. 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 47 seconds ago
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 7 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD662 Evo 10 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse