You are correct I am vague and I have not heard every cheaper earphones in the market. I think I can easily say any car under $20,000 will never beat a $80,000 car on the track. Are you saying the Shure 530 is not as good as a $99 dollar earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Fast IEM recommendations for classical type music Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AH-300, is it good enough or are there any contenders? Last post on 11/2/13 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
New earphones for bass head - Page 5post #61 of 6512/6/11 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6512/6/11 at 9:03pmpost #63 of 6512/6/11 at 10:24pmQuote:
That would be a fair assumption if audio gear were comparable to cars. The audio world is the easiest to trick considering most who buy into high-end gear rarely care for hard facts and look to subjective information, which is completely opposite for cars. Want an example? Almost everyone who was tested failed a cable double blind test using high end cables against Radioshack cables. We're talking $1,000 cables against $5 cables. Here's another, the Fischer FA-003 has been compared directly to Sennheiser HD600, which are more than double the price. In the audio world price means nothing as far as quality ratio is concerned or how "better" something is.
Edited by keanex - 12/6/11 at 10:27pmpost #64 of 6512/7/11 at 5:37pm
I agree again, we can believe anything we would like to believe. I believe my Westone 3 sounds better than mt cheapy Koss earphones. I also believe if I replaced the cables on the Koss they will not sound better then the Westones. I also believe Ipods sound average.post #65 of 6512/7/11 at 5:57pm
If you ever decide on buying a new pair, I recommend going to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club.
It's flooded with helpful people who has the same sound preference as you do.
However, I see you got lucky and had a lot of people to help you...
Also: I recommend the Mee Electronics Sp51 with the EXTREME bass ports or the Mee Electronics M31. Both earphones have very decent reviews, are very durable, have absolutely amazing customer service, and should give much more bass than you would ever need or want. If you buy from amazon, they should be quite cheap, but a bit higher then $15.
Also, you should look at ljokerl's 207 IEM throw out. He is an excellent reviewer, and his thread is more than worth taking a look at..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones for bass head
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Tera Player - Thread 1 minute ago
- › new audiophile phone lenovo vibe x3 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 8 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 10 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 14 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...