You are correct I am vague and I have not heard every cheaper earphones in the market. I think I can easily say any car under $20,000 will never beat a $80,000 car on the track. Are you saying the Shure 530 is not as good as a $99 dollar earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Fast IEM recommendations for classical type music Last post on 9/9/11 at 11:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AH-300, is it good enough or are there any contenders? Last post on 11/2/13 at 10:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure & Westone Triple Flange problem. Also, question about Sony Hybrid size LL Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
New earphones for bass head - Page 5post #61 of 6512/6/11 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6512/6/11 at 9:03pmpost #63 of 6512/6/11 at 10:24pmQuote:
That would be a fair assumption if audio gear were comparable to cars. The audio world is the easiest to trick considering most who buy into high-end gear rarely care for hard facts and look to subjective information, which is completely opposite for cars. Want an example? Almost everyone who was tested failed a cable double blind test using high end cables against Radioshack cables. We're talking $1,000 cables against $5 cables. Here's another, the Fischer FA-003 has been compared directly to Sennheiser HD600, which are more than double the price. In the audio world price means nothing as far as quality ratio is concerned or how "better" something is.
Edited by keanex - 12/6/11 at 10:27pmpost #64 of 6512/7/11 at 5:37pm
I agree again, we can believe anything we would like to believe. I believe my Westone 3 sounds better than mt cheapy Koss earphones. I also believe if I replaced the cables on the Koss they will not sound better then the Westones. I also believe Ipods sound average.post #65 of 6512/7/11 at 5:57pm
If you ever decide on buying a new pair, I recommend going to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club.
It's flooded with helpful people who has the same sound preference as you do.
However, I see you got lucky and had a lot of people to help you...
Also: I recommend the Mee Electronics Sp51 with the EXTREME bass ports or the Mee Electronics M31. Both earphones have very decent reviews, are very durable, have absolutely amazing customer service, and should give much more bass than you would ever need or want. If you buy from amazon, they should be quite cheap, but a bit higher then $15.
Also, you should look at ljokerl's 207 IEM throw out. He is an excellent reviewer, and his thread is more than worth taking a look at..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones for bass head
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Looking for Extremely Comfortable Cans 3 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 25 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 39 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones similar or better than Beats Studio? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Ordered Ath-pro700mk2, suggest a portable amp/dac 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...