or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 403

post #6031 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangian View Post
 


I read someone said IE8 will arrive it final state after almost 1500 hours running. I do not have 8, but 8 and 80 have the same driver, right? But what I experienced cx 980 is exactly the same case. At the beginning, the bass is dominant and the high are dark. Now, after >1000 running, the bass is pretty domestic and tight, and high is very bright, somehow a little bit sibilant. And the middle/voice is brought to front a lot. I cannot believe my ear at first. Use a metaphor, before, it's like a strong man, now it's like a beautiful lady! I like it so very much! IE80 is much better than 980 at beginning, I just wonder how it will become?:etysmile:

Anyway, can you briefly describe what your 80 sounds now?

I still feel mid bass bloat on deep vocal jazz but either it improved over time noticeable or I got used to it. For example Susan Wong, Emi Fujita... almost anything from any best female vocal collections still isn't the most pleasant thing to listen to with IE80 but they had improved I think over time. Highs are sparkly as always, and I don't listen to too much metal or something so they aren't sibilant anyways to me.

Best I can describe is like I listened through a barrel sound when I got them and now over long time it slowly transitioned into normal sound, with less rumble overall. But It might be I just got used to it and I assume it's most likely that is the case :) Anyways I'm pretty happy with them except that mid bass, but I don't mind that either when listening to most of my music, just when I go full deep vocal jazz or bass guitar like Marcus Miller. 

post #6032 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail View Post
 

I still feel mid bass bloat on deep vocal jazz but either it improved over time noticeable or I got used to it. For example Susan Wong, Emi Fujita... almost anything from any best female vocal collections still isn't the most pleasant thing to listen to with IE80 but they had improved I think over time. Highs are sparkly as always, and I don't listen to too much metal or something so they aren't sibilant anyways to me.

Best I can describe is like I listened through a barrel sound when I got them and now over long time it slowly transitioned into normal sound, with less rumble overall. But It might be I just got used to it and I assume it's most likely that is the case :) Anyways I'm pretty happy with them except that mid bass, but I don't mind that either when listening to most of my music, just when I go full deep vocal jazz or bass guitar like Marcus Miller. 


:beerchug: I almost only listen to classical. It's wonderful. Both 80 and 980 are wonderful for symphony. I don't know it is because I have accustomed to the sound of Senn. or they really do well, with only these two phones I can enjoy music for long time, without feeling tired or boring. Not even kef m200. Of course, I have no other high end headphones. :)

post #6033 of 7394

The thread after my post is too long now so I don't know who or what to quote..LOL!

 

Anyhow, this IE80 of mine is more or less 2 years old ( I don't mind tho, I got it cheap anyway ;) ) so I believe it's well burned-in already. About the "can't get a proper seal", I feel like it's just seating on the crater (can't think of any other term...) of my ear canal. Sounds good tho but I can still hear the noise from my surroundings. About the bass knobs, well I am enjoying my IE80 and am not worrying too much about the bass knobs. I'm just curious how each bass level differ from each other if is it really noticeable or you have to listen carefully. I've been using it for a week now and I still can't differentiate the bass levels but at full bass level, I can tell that it doesn't sound right especially when I'm only using it on 1 ear.

 

I am also using this replacement cable called "Dark Lord cable". I am not a believer of sound upgrade using different cables, but I noticed that the bass here has a faster decay and it sounds more airy. I am using this more often now than the stock cable but not because of the thing I noticed on the sound, but what I love is the natural form of the earpiece. It's curly so when you wear it, it tends to hug your ear lobes which is nice. The texture of the cable is like Brainwavz M3's..

 

 

post #6034 of 7394
because the bass settings are for sub bass really, not for bass.
so depending on the music you don't get too much sub bass content. think rumble more than kick.
post #6035 of 7394
+1 for what Castelofargh says. I do wonder though if you have a good seal. Do outside noises sound muffled?
Nice cable BTW. I don't think cables make a difference to sound but that looks like it's nice physically.
post #6036 of 7394
Anyone rolled the dice and got theirs from Amazon? They got them priced really well. Unsure about the authenticity though... I keep reading mixed reviews.


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
post #6037 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post

Anyone rolled the dice and got theirs from Amazon? They got them priced really well. Unsure about the authenticity though... I keep reading mixed reviews.


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

That's a good deal bro. I don't think you shoukd worry about yhe authenticity since Amazon is selling it. Just in case it's fake, you can always return it to them
post #6038 of 7394

Always feel IE80 is cost-efficient, compare to IE800

post #6039 of 7394

IE800 you cant even replace cable...

post #6040 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiss3r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post

Anyone rolled the dice and got theirs from Amazon? They got them priced really well. Unsure about the authenticity though... I keep reading mixed reviews.


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

That's a good deal bro. I don't think you shoukd worry about yhe authenticity since Amazon is selling it. Just in case it's fake, you can always return it to them

Thank you, I may actually pick them up on Amazon soon, will update if I do.


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
post #6041 of 7394
Just bought a pair a week ago and really enjoying them. I kinda prefer the 80s over my sm3. They sounded more natural specially for the cymbals.
post #6042 of 7394

I also just recently purchased these IEMs and they arrived today. First thing, as the paranoid guy I am, was checking the authenticity of the product by checking the ID label on their designated web page. Authentication failed!

 

Not sure what to think of this, as I purposely bought these for a high price at Sennheiser's webshop itself to avoid this kind of nonsense. I just can't imagine this actually being a fake.

post #6043 of 7394
Try to register the product at the sennheiser site. You should be able to register the serial numbers if they are legit.
post #6044 of 7394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuky View Post
 

I also just recently purchased these IEMs and they arrived today. First thing, as the paranoid guy I am, was checking the authenticity of the product by checking the ID label on their designated web page. Authentication failed!

 

Not sure what to think of this, as I purposely bought these for a high price at Sennheiser's webshop itself to avoid this kind of nonsense. I just can't imagine this actually being a fake.

I'm sorry to hear that bro. Where did you buy it? Can you still return it?

post #6045 of 7394
I'd call sennheiser directly and have them confirm then take steps to return after if need be.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread