Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 388

post #5806 of 7547

Thanks I'll give that  try.


Is there really a difference between T-500 and tx-500 besides a wax guard?

post #5807 of 7547

Not that I know.

post #5808 of 7547

Last question...I bought some used ones off ebay and there is no audio in the right year...sometimes it will just fade in and be normal then just randomly go. Can this be fixed by getting a new wire or is it a earphone issue? If that's the case i can ask the seller to buy a new cable..

post #5809 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkomodo1 View Post
 

Last question...I bought some used ones off ebay and there is no audio in the right year...sometimes it will just fade in and be normal then just randomly go. Can this be fixed by getting a new wire or is it a earphone issue? If that's the case i can ask the seller to buy a new cable..

Can be either, but probably the cable. Check if the connector (2 little pins) on the earphone is undamaged. If it looks ok, than probably cable issue. 

post #5810 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail View Post
 

Stock cable of any headphone ever is just fine. 

Indeed, JUST fine. My IE80 stock cables broke down twice in normal use.

post #5811 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspir324 View Post
 

Indeed, JUST fine. My IE80 stock cables broke down twice in normal use.

Mine didn't after 14 months of torture, bungee jumping in gym countless times. 

post #5812 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail View Post
 

Mine didn't after 14 months of torture, bungee jumping in gym countless times. 

Hence, they are just fine, on average. More expensive cables are more durable in nearly 100% of the time.

post #5813 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspir324 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail View Post
 

Mine didn't after 14 months of torture, bungee jumping in gym countless times. 

Hence, they are just fine, on average. More expensive cables are more durable in nearly 100% of the time.


that sadly isn't my experience at all. there are ok cables and fragile ones at almost any price.

but of course when you just paid 500$ for a cable you might take care of it a good deal more than a cheap 40$ cable ^_^.

post #5814 of 7547

Are these considered power hungry earphones? I'm looking at an fiio x1 and wondered if I need an amp to get the most out of them?

post #5815 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkomodo1 View Post
 

Are these considered power hungry earphones? I'm looking at an fiio x1 and wondered if I need an amp to get the most out of them?


no they're not. in fact they're the easiest to drive IEM I've had. they are super sensitive so they don't need much gain(volts). and they have a flat impedance response so they don't care about the source's impedance.

they're very fine with the X1.

post #5816 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 


no they're not. in fact they're the easiest to drive IEM I've had. they are super sensitive so they don't need much gain(volts). and they have a flat impedance response so they don't care about the source's impedance.

they're very fine with the X1.

 

Would a Fiio E06 do anything added to an X1 setup?

post #5817 of 7547

I don't know that amp so I can't tell. but let's just say that I do use an amp for some of my IEMs, because I find that the sound sux without the amp on those(crappy soundstage, or hissing, or problems with the source's output impedance changing the signature. and sometimes all at once). but I don't use the amp when I'm listening to the IE80 or some of my etymotics. because I can't really hear any real benefits.

others might disagree on this of course.

post #5818 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post
 


that sadly isn't my experience at all. there are ok cables and fragile ones at almost any price.

but of course when you just paid 500$ for a cable you might take care of it a good deal more than a cheap 40$ cable ^_^.

I actually think mine broke down due to the way one rolls them into the case Sennheiser provides with them....Still, great IEMs, not that good cable.

post #5819 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspir324 View Post

I actually think mine broke down due to the way one rolls them into the case Sennheiser provides with them....Still, great IEMs, not that good cable.

I wouldn't use that case. The safest way to store your headphones is to loosely roll them around your hand. That way, you don't exert as much strain on the cable.
post #5820 of 7547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinerenblanc View Post


I wouldn't use that case. The safest way to store your headphones is to loosely roll them around your hand. That way, you don't exert as much strain on the cable.

... but when I attend lectures I need to put them inside the case, where they are protected from forces acting upon it. Outside of a custom case that is the safest place to store it, bar the strain it puts on the cable. Also, how would rolling them around my hand be practical? I don't think I quite grasp the concept you are suggesting...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread