I think I will order one ie80 soon, maybe with a TDK ba200 :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 369post #5521 of 74856/27/14 at 11:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5522 of 74856/27/14 at 5:47pm
Or maybe a VC1000 or ER4S. I have the VC1000 now and am thinking about complimenting it with a IE80.post #5523 of 74856/28/14 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Sylaw
what do you guys think? IE80's or the amperiors when it comes to Sq? ( ignore the sound-stage of em) .. cuz I sold my IE80's like 2-3 months ago.. and I got my self a pair of amperiors .. so far I do enjoy the SQ, but I forgot how the IE80 sound. Need to buy a pair of ie80's again so ... ? any one here?
The ie80,s have more bass, sound boomier, amperiors and tighter and quicker. As more the mids the ie80's are slightly veiled due to the mid bass and not as clear as the amperiors. The ie80's have slightly more presence in the upper mids/lower treble but don't extend as high as the amperior. Just my 2cents.post #5524 of 74856/30/14 at 5:26pmpost #5525 of 74857/1/14 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by davidwood15
does anyone know if these are trustable?
I just bought these! So if you can wait till around 10th I can report back to you since then is my supposed delivery date.
Edited by gaspir324 - 7/1/14 at 4:16ampost #5526 of 74857/1/14 at 4:15amQuote:
I'll see if I can wait! Quite annoying not having any IEM's at the moment. My old Phonaks decided to die at the same time as the headphone jack went on my IE80's.post #5527 of 74857/1/14 at 12:41pmQuote:
This is the second time the stock jack has broken down for me, so I am hoping these are better. I'd also like to fit the new cable inside the carrying box.post #5528 of 74857/1/14 at 1:32pmpost #5529 of 74857/4/14 at 4:21pmpost #5530 of 74857/4/14 at 4:32pmQuote:
Great IEMS. But very sensitive for perfect isolation.post #5531 of 74857/4/14 at 4:32pmWhy should you compare in ears with on and or over ears? They are really great on their own merits, listen for example to "imaginary Cuba" from Bill Laswell and you will be excited on what they can do. The IE80 sounds even better than the Momentum in my humble opinion if you like to compare. The best IEM for the money ( and beyond) right now as you can buy them for 185 Euro by Amazon Germany.post #5532 of 74857/4/14 at 4:37pmpost #5533 of 74857/4/14 at 4:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by willyvlyminck
Why should you compare in ears with on and or over ears? They are really great on their own merits, listen for example to "imaginary Cuba" from Bill Laswell and you will be excited on what they can do. The IE80 sounds even better than the Momentum in my humble opinion if you like to compare. The best IEM for the money ( and beyond) right now as you can buy them for 185 Euro by Amazon Germany.
Obviously IEMs, on- and over ear headphones have their own advantages and disadvantages. We use them in different circumstances.
But why could not you compare overall sound quality, listening experience, and the joy it gives? :)post #5534 of 74857/4/14 at 4:42pmQuote:
Yes, I used Comply 500 as well. They are good. (The best tips I could find.) My only problem was, they do not last for long. (2-3 weeks) And changing them this often is not wallet friendly. So finally I ended up with ACS custom sleeves. :)post #5535 of 74857/5/14 at 12:27amQuote:
I use them everyday since 2,5 months, These are still the same tips,no Problems at all with Lasting.Can you post Picture of the ACS custom sleeves?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 55 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to return my RHA T20i - looking for suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 8 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA A3 IEM with M12SM1 Upgrade Cable 9 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear