Are there frequency graphs available comparing the different bass settings (tuning port)? For example, Im curious if the lowest setting is more neutral than the higher settings.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 367
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5492 of 75016/1/14 at 5:57ampost #5493 of 75016/3/14 at 10:39pmpost #5494 of 75016/5/14 at 12:24pmpost #5495 of 75016/5/14 at 1:21pmpost #5496 of 75016/5/14 at 7:17pmQuote:
I guess you are new to this post?....Did you read one page ago?....If not, see post #5485....Ted's Cables are very well reviewed.post #5497 of 75016/9/14 at 8:33amQuote:I think it cost me around $50 including shipping
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #5498 of 75016/11/14 at 8:16am
Here is a post from a beginner, who had to find out the difference between headphones and earphones by himself, as there was no useful comparison or review available on the net.
I was always on low budget. But quality audio got me from my first ear-canal earphones experience, the Sony MDR-E51, like 15 years ago . Lol. :)
Through the IE7, I got to IE80, with upgrade cable, and custom moulds. I love how they sound. However I was always wondering, how good headphones sound compared to them.
So as I had the financial resources, I bought my Sennheiser HD600, with a nice headphone amp. (I already owned a nice DAC with my IE80.)
Here is my answer from my own experience, for the question of IEM or headphone issue.
In a nutshell: headphones.
In more details:
- much more balanced sound.
- much more clarity, clearness
- wider soundstage, mids and highs are truly amazing after IEM (opened, full, detailed)
- while bass is present and full and airy, it is not as punchy as on the IEM
- only the punchier bass. nothing else.
- all the pro's of the headphones
Headphones give you a much more enjoyable listening experience.
You almost feel, you are in a room, listening to live music. Not like the "music is played in your head" kind of experience.
I still miss that brain shivering bass from the IEMs, but I just can not take the headphones off my head after 3-4 hours of listening.
It is so much better.
post #5499 of 75016/13/14 at 2:15amComparing iems to headphones is like sort of like comparing a bicycle to a car. Both have the same function but utilize different materials/housing/parts. The IE80 has a lot of strengths as do the hd600. HD600 is more or less a pleasing headphone. It isn't really great at one thing, but good at a lot of things. I do have both and they both receive ample ear time.post #5500 of 75016/13/14 at 2:23amQuote:
That to me implies one is superior to the other. Not so for me personally. I prefer the analogy apples and oranges. Both have strengths in different situations and both give a listening experience that are equally enjoyable for different reasons.IMHO.post #5501 of 75016/13/14 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Eugguy
Comparing iems to headphones is like sort of like comparing a bicycle to a car. Both have the same function but utilize different materials/housing/parts. The IE80 has a lot of strengths as do the hd600. HD600 is more or less a pleasing headphone. It isn't really great at one thing, but good at a lot of things. I do have both and they both receive ample ear time.
I would rather comparing a motorcycle to car,rather than a bicycle :-)
That is the strenght of many Sennheiser top products that they are god on a lot of things and so worth their Price.One of the big diiferences here apart from their Looks is the fact you don´t Need an amp for the IE80, plug into your iPhone and enjoy the wonderfull Sound, the HD600 Needs amping to get the best out of it, apart from that, it is a classic.post #5502 of 75016/13/14 at 5:33ampost #5503 of 75016/13/14 at 6:36am
Of push bikes, pennyfarthings, horseless carriages and the like. I don’t think comparing the two Senn products is all that wrong.
Disclaimer, I know bugger all about headphone design or audio electronics beyond the odd bits and pieces I have read in Head-Fi plus product blurbs. As far as I know, Senn IE80 uses one dynamic driver versus most other IEMs which I think use multiple balanced drivers. And well, I can only speak for Senn HD 800 not 600 but I suspect they are similar in construction and use, I assume, one driver. To me the SQ of both the Senn IEM and Headphone is more similar compared with the difference between the Senn HD800 and other IEMs that use multiple balanced drivers. I am theorizing that this is because one “tuning” per ear piece, be it Phone or Bud is the reason for this versus various multiple different tunings for the various balanced drivers. This may be why I like the Senn IE80 for daily listening. I do use the HD800 when I first purchase a CD to get a full flavour of all the detail, but the cumbersome can on a head and recharging headphone amps sees me using the most comfortable IEMS to my mind IE80s. Sometimes I use IEMs with more balanced drivers that do give more detail etc but I still find the IE80 most pleasing, ie natural like the sound I would hear in a concert hall. Maybe I am wrong in my assumptions about one versus multiples tunings being the reason. If so some head-fier will flame me and hopefully fill in the correct details about phone constructions.post #5504 of 75016/13/14 at 7:06ampost #5505 of 75016/13/14 at 8:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 13 seconds ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 2 minutes ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom Studio? 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › $80-100 bluetooth headphone to listen to the radio and occasionally... 5 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear