Are there frequency graphs available comparing the different bass settings (tuning port)? For example, Im curious if the lowest setting is more neutral than the higher settings.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Review Of The Remax RM-S1 IEM 06/28/16 So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 367
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess you are new to this post?....Did you read one page ago?....If not, see post #5485....Ted's Cables are very well reviewed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a post from a beginner, who had to find out the difference between headphones and earphones by himself, as there was no useful comparison or review available on the net.
I was always on low budget. But quality audio got me from my first ear-canal earphones experience, the Sony MDR-E51, like 15 years ago . Lol. :)
Through the IE7, I got to IE80, with upgrade cable, and custom moulds. I love how they sound. However I was always wondering, how good headphones sound compared to them.
So as I had the financial resources, I bought my Sennheiser HD600, with a nice headphone amp. (I already owned a nice DAC with my IE80.)
Here is my answer from my own experience, for the question of IEM or headphone issue.
In a nutshell: headphones.
In more details:
- much more balanced sound.
- much more clarity, clearness
- wider soundstage, mids and highs are truly amazing after IEM (opened, full, detailed)
- while bass is present and full and airy, it is not as punchy as on the IEM
- only the punchier bass. nothing else.
- all the pro's of the headphones
Headphones give you a much more enjoyable listening experience.
You almost feel, you are in a room, listening to live music. Not like the "music is played in your head" kind of experience.
I still miss that brain shivering bass from the IEMs, but I just can not take the headphones off my head after 3-4 hours of listening.
It is so much better.
That to me implies one is superior to the other. Not so for me personally. I prefer the analogy apples and oranges. Both have strengths in different situations and both give a listening experience that are equally enjoyable for different reasons.IMHO.
Comparing iems to headphones is like sort of like comparing a bicycle to a car. Both have the same function but utilize different materials/housing/parts. The IE80 has a lot of strengths as do the hd600. HD600 is more or less a pleasing headphone. It isn't really great at one thing, but good at a lot of things. I do have both and they both receive ample ear time.
I would rather comparing a motorcycle to car,rather than a bicycle :-)
That is the strenght of many Sennheiser top products that they are god on a lot of things and so worth their Price.One of the big diiferences here apart from their Looks is the fact you don´t Need an amp for the IE80, plug into your iPhone and enjoy the wonderfull Sound, the HD600 Needs amping to get the best out of it, apart from that, it is a classic.
Of push bikes, pennyfarthings, horseless carriages and the like. I don’t think comparing the two Senn products is all that wrong.
Disclaimer, I know bugger all about headphone design or audio electronics beyond the odd bits and pieces I have read in Head-Fi plus product blurbs. As far as I know, Senn IE80 uses one dynamic driver versus most other IEMs which I think use multiple balanced drivers. And well, I can only speak for Senn HD 800 not 600 but I suspect they are similar in construction and use, I assume, one driver. To me the SQ of both the Senn IEM and Headphone is more similar compared with the difference between the Senn HD800 and other IEMs that use multiple balanced drivers. I am theorizing that this is because one “tuning” per ear piece, be it Phone or Bud is the reason for this versus various multiple different tunings for the various balanced drivers. This may be why I like the Senn IE80 for daily listening. I do use the HD800 when I first purchase a CD to get a full flavour of all the detail, but the cumbersome can on a head and recharging headphone amps sees me using the most comfortable IEMS to my mind IE80s. Sometimes I use IEMs with more balanced drivers that do give more detail etc but I still find the IE80 most pleasing, ie natural like the sound I would hear in a concert hall. Maybe I am wrong in my assumptions about one versus multiples tunings being the reason. If so some head-fier will flame me and hopefully fill in the correct details about phone constructions.
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 28 seconds ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › ATH MSR7 or ATH WS1100is? 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...