- 2,291 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's just a small tape covering the bass screw hole in order to tame the bass and give more clarity to the mids, it's just a signature preference change.
You can try it very easy and remove the tape if you dont like the result.
.....I am considering getting one of these decals http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/HTC-One-Skins
To use as a tape mod. The HTC one is made of brushed aluminum so it might work just as well on our IE80s.
Now I'm not too sure if it will stick as well as tape. What is everyone thoughts on this? (Tape mod users).
You would actually buy a whole iphone skin just to cut it up for the little squares needed to cover the back of your 80's? For a second I thought you were serious....
If you were actually serious (I hope not) please just use a piece of good-ole Scotch Tape...it's clear cheap and won't have you slaughtering a poor defenseless iphone cover just for it's skin.
Be aware that if the skin is removable, it may not seal well to the back of the 80 due to the not so sticky adhesive. If it leaks it won't do the job. You can find stainless steel tape at any good hardware store - used for patching A/C & Heating units which will match the 80's SS back. It has very good adhesive, too. But I think clear tape is the best since you can see right through it....or just cut a round piece with a hole punch and cover only the adjustment screw hole.
"Less is Best"
Here's the part numbers: LINK
P/N 545270 (Standard)
P/N 545271 (Short)
Can't find them w/Google in the US but maybe the Sennheiser USA store (below) can get it for you, ditto for Full Compass. Or use the IE8 cable which will work fine, too.
SennheiserUSA Store: LINK
Full Compass (Official US Dealer): LINK In stock
Edited by burtomr - 2/15/14 at 11:15am
Nobody can answer this, as we all hear different, from my own experience I would go for the IE80, wich is already a classic and like the big 600-650 will stay with us for a Long time to come,.
Is there no way you can try before you buy?
Some on line suppliers accept returns. In the UK there are retailers with demo models...
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2