- 3,648 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 351post #5251 of 74532/14/14 at 3:56amAn attempt to remedy the failings of Sennheisers R&D team with a bit of Sellotape.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5252 of 74532/14/14 at 4:41am
It's just a small tape covering the bass screw hole in order to tame the bass and give more clarity to the mids, it's just a signature preference change.
You can try it very easy and remove the tape if you dont like the result.post #5253 of 74532/14/14 at 6:35amI haven't listened to my ie80's for a little while. I was listening to some other iems in my collection for a while.but I put them back in a couple weeks ago and yeah..there is the music again..and to make it clear..I am not a bass head but dam I forgot how good these sound.. Ive sold and traded other isms that are BA iems..these sound incredible ..these are one pair that I will probably always keep..they let me just listen to the music..love them ..post #5254 of 74532/14/14 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by NoctisLE
.....I am considering getting one of these decals http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/HTC-One-Skins
To use as a tape mod. The HTC one is made of brushed aluminum so it might work just as well on our IE80s.
Now I'm not too sure if it will stick as well as tape. What is everyone thoughts on this? (Tape mod users).
You would actually buy a whole iphone skin just to cut it up for the little squares needed to cover the back of your 80's? For a second I thought you were serious....
If you were actually serious (I hope not) please just use a piece of good-ole Scotch Tape...it's clear cheap and won't have you slaughtering a poor defenseless iphone cover just for it's skin.post #5255 of 74532/14/14 at 1:36pmpost #5256 of 74532/14/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
Be aware that if the skin is removable, it may not seal well to the back of the 80 due to the not so sticky adhesive. If it leaks it won't do the job. You can find stainless steel tape at any good hardware store - used for patching A/C & Heating units which will match the 80's SS back. It has very good adhesive, too. But I think clear tape is the best since you can see right through it....or just cut a round piece with a hole punch and cover only the adjustment screw hole.
"Less is Best"post #5257 of 74532/15/14 at 10:34ampost #5258 of 74532/15/14 at 10:48ampost #5259 of 74532/15/14 at 10:53amQuote:
Here's the part numbers: LINK
P/N 545270 (Standard)
P/N 545271 (Short)
Can't find them w/Google in the US but maybe the Sennheiser USA store (below) can get it for you, ditto for Full Compass. Or use the IE8 cable which will work fine, too.
SennheiserUSA Store: LINK
Full Compass (Official US Dealer): LINK In stock
Edited by burtomr - 2/15/14 at 11:15ampost #5260 of 74532/15/14 at 1:39pmpost #5261 of 74532/15/14 at 2:07pmpost #5262 of 74532/16/14 at 5:45pmpost #5263 of 74532/17/14 at 1:58am
Nobody can answer this, as we all hear different, from my own experience I would go for the IE80, wich is already a classic and like the big 600-650 will stay with us for a Long time to come,.post #5264 of 74532/17/14 at 2:12amBe aware though that the IE80 is a very coloured sound. Well if as reported it is the same as the IE8 that is.
Is there no way you can try before you buy?
Some on line suppliers accept returns. In the UK there are retailers with demo models...post #5265 of 74532/17/14 at 2:48amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 10 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 26 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 29 seconds ago
- › Prog rock 35 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 45 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 46 seconds ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-x00 (Mahogany) review 56 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear