- 3,694 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 351post #5251 of 74962/14/14 at 3:56amAn attempt to remedy the failings of Sennheisers R&D team with a bit of Sellotape.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5252 of 74962/14/14 at 4:41am
It's just a small tape covering the bass screw hole in order to tame the bass and give more clarity to the mids, it's just a signature preference change.
You can try it very easy and remove the tape if you dont like the result.post #5253 of 74962/14/14 at 6:35amI haven't listened to my ie80's for a little while. I was listening to some other iems in my collection for a while.but I put them back in a couple weeks ago and yeah..there is the music again..and to make it clear..I am not a bass head but dam I forgot how good these sound.. Ive sold and traded other isms that are BA iems..these sound incredible ..these are one pair that I will probably always keep..they let me just listen to the music..love them ..post #5254 of 74962/14/14 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by NoctisLE
.....I am considering getting one of these decals http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/HTC-One-Skins
To use as a tape mod. The HTC one is made of brushed aluminum so it might work just as well on our IE80s.
Now I'm not too sure if it will stick as well as tape. What is everyone thoughts on this? (Tape mod users).
You would actually buy a whole iphone skin just to cut it up for the little squares needed to cover the back of your 80's? For a second I thought you were serious....
If you were actually serious (I hope not) please just use a piece of good-ole Scotch Tape...it's clear cheap and won't have you slaughtering a poor defenseless iphone cover just for it's skin.post #5255 of 74962/14/14 at 1:36pmpost #5256 of 74962/14/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
Be aware that if the skin is removable, it may not seal well to the back of the 80 due to the not so sticky adhesive. If it leaks it won't do the job. You can find stainless steel tape at any good hardware store - used for patching A/C & Heating units which will match the 80's SS back. It has very good adhesive, too. But I think clear tape is the best since you can see right through it....or just cut a round piece with a hole punch and cover only the adjustment screw hole.
"Less is Best"post #5257 of 74962/15/14 at 10:34ampost #5258 of 74962/15/14 at 10:48ampost #5259 of 74962/15/14 at 10:53amQuote:
Here's the part numbers: LINK
P/N 545270 (Standard)
P/N 545271 (Short)
Can't find them w/Google in the US but maybe the Sennheiser USA store (below) can get it for you, ditto for Full Compass. Or use the IE8 cable which will work fine, too.
SennheiserUSA Store: LINK
Full Compass (Official US Dealer): LINK In stock
Edited by burtomr - 2/15/14 at 11:15ampost #5260 of 74962/15/14 at 1:39pmpost #5261 of 74962/15/14 at 2:07pmpost #5262 of 74962/16/14 at 5:45pmpost #5263 of 74962/17/14 at 1:58am
Nobody can answer this, as we all hear different, from my own experience I would go for the IE80, wich is already a classic and like the big 600-650 will stay with us for a Long time to come,.post #5264 of 74962/17/14 at 2:12amBe aware though that the IE80 is a very coloured sound. Well if as reported it is the same as the IE8 that is.
Is there no way you can try before you buy?
Some on line suppliers accept returns. In the UK there are retailers with demo models...post #5265 of 74962/17/14 at 2:48amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 42 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › FS or Trade - InEar Prophile-8 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Echobox Explorer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 4 minutes ago
- › Everything clicks/pops/crackles. Am I going insane? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear