- 1,298 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's just a small tape covering the bass screw hole in order to tame the bass and give more clarity to the mids, it's just a signature preference change.
You can try it very easy and remove the tape if you dont like the result.
.....I am considering getting one of these decals http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/HTC-One-Skins
To use as a tape mod. The HTC one is made of brushed aluminum so it might work just as well on our IE80s.
Now I'm not too sure if it will stick as well as tape. What is everyone thoughts on this? (Tape mod users).
You would actually buy a whole iphone skin just to cut it up for the little squares needed to cover the back of your 80's? For a second I thought you were serious....
If you were actually serious (I hope not) please just use a piece of good-ole Scotch Tape...it's clear cheap and won't have you slaughtering a poor defenseless iphone cover just for it's skin.
Be aware that if the skin is removable, it may not seal well to the back of the 80 due to the not so sticky adhesive. If it leaks it won't do the job. You can find stainless steel tape at any good hardware store - used for patching A/C & Heating units which will match the 80's SS back. It has very good adhesive, too. But I think clear tape is the best since you can see right through it....or just cut a round piece with a hole punch and cover only the adjustment screw hole.
"Less is Best"
Here's the part numbers: LINK
P/N 545270 (Standard)
P/N 545271 (Short)
Can't find them w/Google in the US but maybe the Sennheiser USA store (below) can get it for you, ditto for Full Compass. Or use the IE8 cable which will work fine, too.
SennheiserUSA Store: LINK
Full Compass (Official US Dealer): LINK In stock
Edited by burtomr - 2/15/14 at 11:15am
Is there no way you can try before you buy?
Some on line suppliers accept returns. In the UK there are retailers with demo models...
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence... 1 minute ago
- › Help please 1 minute ago
- › Post any photograph you want! 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 3 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 4 minutes ago
- › 5532 parallel headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)