- 1,333 Posts. Joined 5/2009
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's just a small tape covering the bass screw hole in order to tame the bass and give more clarity to the mids, it's just a signature preference change.
You can try it very easy and remove the tape if you dont like the result.
.....I am considering getting one of these decals http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/HTC-One-Skins
To use as a tape mod. The HTC one is made of brushed aluminum so it might work just as well on our IE80s.
Now I'm not too sure if it will stick as well as tape. What is everyone thoughts on this? (Tape mod users).
You would actually buy a whole iphone skin just to cut it up for the little squares needed to cover the back of your 80's? For a second I thought you were serious....
If you were actually serious (I hope not) please just use a piece of good-ole Scotch Tape...it's clear cheap and won't have you slaughtering a poor defenseless iphone cover just for it's skin.
Be aware that if the skin is removable, it may not seal well to the back of the 80 due to the not so sticky adhesive. If it leaks it won't do the job. You can find stainless steel tape at any good hardware store - used for patching A/C & Heating units which will match the 80's SS back. It has very good adhesive, too. But I think clear tape is the best since you can see right through it....or just cut a round piece with a hole punch and cover only the adjustment screw hole.
"Less is Best"
Here's the part numbers: LINK
P/N 545270 (Standard)
P/N 545271 (Short)
Can't find them w/Google in the US but maybe the Sennheiser USA store (below) can get it for you, ditto for Full Compass. Or use the IE8 cable which will work fine, too.
SennheiserUSA Store: LINK
Full Compass (Official US Dealer): LINK In stock
Edited by burtomr - 2/15/14 at 11:15am
Is there no way you can try before you buy?
Some on line suppliers accept returns. In the UK there are retailers with demo models...
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 8 seconds ago
- › GREEN Head-Fiyin'... how green can you go? 8 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it 44 seconds ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 50 seconds ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)