Okay thanks for the quick reply. I just never experienced this before, it feels like the wire is about to crack xD. I guess i'll just keep it in my pocket/shirt when im outside.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 342
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Warning: It will crack given the chance, so definately prevent any/all flexing when very cold. No plastic 'likes' being flexed when cold.
check the impedance curve of the W4, the more impedance you add the flatter the FR graph will get.
but keep in mind that if adding impedance for BA driver has negligible effect on the mechanical control of the driver, it is usually not the same with dynamic drivers.
for the IE80 there is no noticeable signature change with added impedance. above 100ohm(max I can do is 138) I feel like the sub bass loses a little power but I can't tell if it's real damping effect of is I just hear what I expect to hear. in any case it's not much and not interesting.
what is the question? I have a hard time finding any common ground between m100 and ie80.
I think you better get a dap or amp that has a fun sound signature and dynamic because cable will not made a lot of change in powerfullness in sound from my experience but it does increase the dynamic but not by alot. Personally i prefer silver cable with the ie80 because i find silver cable made the treble brighter,tighten the bass,improve imaging which is a great combo with something warm like the ie80 in my opinion. Take a look at the plussound cable and toxic cabl, they have high quality cable
they cost $129 in my browser
edit: sorry i dont realise that the silver galaxy is silver plated copper now because its used to be silver in the past when i had it so i cant comment on how it sounds because i never tried an silver plated copper silver galaxy :(
Edited by lightningfarron - 1/9/14 at 10:07am
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 30 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)