Okay thanks for the quick reply. I just never experienced this before, it feels like the wire is about to crack xD. I guess i'll just keep it in my pocket/shirt when im outside.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 342
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Warning: It will crack given the chance, so definately prevent any/all flexing when very cold. No plastic 'likes' being flexed when cold.
check the impedance curve of the W4, the more impedance you add the flatter the FR graph will get.
but keep in mind that if adding impedance for BA driver has negligible effect on the mechanical control of the driver, it is usually not the same with dynamic drivers.
for the IE80 there is no noticeable signature change with added impedance. above 100ohm(max I can do is 138) I feel like the sub bass loses a little power but I can't tell if it's real damping effect of is I just hear what I expect to hear. in any case it's not much and not interesting.
what is the question? I have a hard time finding any common ground between m100 and ie80.
I think you better get a dap or amp that has a fun sound signature and dynamic because cable will not made a lot of change in powerfullness in sound from my experience but it does increase the dynamic but not by alot. Personally i prefer silver cable with the ie80 because i find silver cable made the treble brighter,tighten the bass,improve imaging which is a great combo with something warm like the ie80 in my opinion. Take a look at the plussound cable and toxic cabl, they have high quality cable
they cost $129 in my browser
edit: sorry i dont realise that the silver galaxy is silver plated copper now because its used to be silver in the past when i had it so i cant comment on how it sounds because i never tried an silver plated copper silver galaxy :(
Edited by lightningfarron - 1/9/14 at 10:07am
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Recommend Me a Headphone with a good Mic for about... $50 9 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic + fiio e17 vs fiio x5 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)