Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 337
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As it happens I am using my tips with another make of IEM ATM. It was luck that they happened to fit though. I suspect that the IE8/80 nozzle size is quite common but beware that other IEM's may not fit.
On the plane back from Toronto they isolation was great, you could still hear ambient plane noise but it was deadened considerably. I was blown away by how good a few songs I listened to sounded, most especially Gotye's Somebody that I used to know track. Everything is clear and the instruments, all of them, are perfectly realised. I felt the hairs on my neck stand up as the chorus came through. There is no distortion at high volume either and the bass goes lower than the Vsonic but you get that Sennheiser soundstage thrown in.
I'm just curious.. The funny looking tips that came with these.. Has anyone tried these? I just tried them. The larger ones.. And I gotta say.. Unless it's just me but they seemed to give me more detail out of these things... Plus they seemed faster specially in the lower region.. Not lighting fast mind you but quicker.. Less bloated.. Like I said maybe it's just me.. It has been a long day lol anyways I'm curious is anyone has tried and liked these tips?.. Thanks
I was wondering about those tips, they're really weird shaped but I need to spend more time with them lol.
Listen to Anthony Hamilton's 'Mad' song and take note of the bass and vocals and instruments all round. A difficult song for most earphones to pull off without some mashing of the background and bass but these things rip through it like it's nothing. Really nice song that otherwise would really be only fully enjoyed on big cans or speakers!
Guys as i said before i am looking for silicone tips for my sennheiser ie80 for great fit, comfort and isolation and without muffling the sound. I live in Denmark and i cannot get the auvio because Radioshack and the sellers in the US dont send to europe. Right now i am using the medium silucone and like them better than the standard hybrids but they keep falling off weird because i get the best fit with them compared to the other sizes and types
Hey guys.. I bought my IE80's about a week ago and have since run into some really weird experiences with them. Firstly, I bought these IEM's on the main idea that they were a bass heavy IEM but everything about mine screams the opposite no matter what I do. Powered from my Galaxy S4 I dont get any bass impact at all, power from a Fiio E10 with Bass boost, low gain and volume dial set to around 4 I still get very little punch from these IEM's. I can crank it up more but then they become disturbingly loud to the point i'd question if there would be hearing damage or not when the song is over. The bass dial is set all the way to the max and I have tried adjusting it to see if I can somehow pull more juice from them but alas I cannot. I listen to mainly electronic music and a lot of Top 40 with my own tastes here and there and while they handle every non-bass emphasis genre very well they still can't do the main job I bought them for which is to rock my head with bass. I have invested around 20 hours or so as of writing this into listening to them and I don't know if its because they aren't burned in enough or if they are possibly defective units or fakes? Theres been nothing to indicate that they were fake however, at least aside from the sound signature. Another thing is that the cables on my ear constantly flip off with ease and that my right ear fits really uncomfortably while my left is fine (I have tried all the different stock tips as well to see if I can mix pairs in order for a better fit and alas no such luck, however I think this is probably more due to the shape of my ear rather than it being the tips fault.
Edit: I should also add, 2 things, 1) My right ear thing feels like there isn't really a tight seal, like there is air that is able to pass through which makes me question if the fits right with my ear and IEM. 2) The bass sometimes can feel really full in terms of quantity but there just isn't impact, like in the song you can hear there is plenty of bass in the background of the song but just none of it gives any impact or there isn't any real kick behind it, very much more heard than felt. That's only on some tracks however.
Edited by Fballboy23 - 12/11/13 at 3:25am
....1) My right ear thing feels like there isn't really a tight seal, like there is air that is able to pass through which makes me question if the fits right with my ear and IEM. 2) The bass sometimes can feel really full in terms of quantity but there just isn't impact, like in the song you can hear there is plenty of bass in the background of the song but just none of it gives any impact or there isn't any real kick behind it, very much more heard than felt....
You could should try 'The Sensaphonics Seal Test' to evaluated your fit/seal here:
Also, hate to bring it up ad nausaum, but are you sure your 80's are real and not 'Chinese' (fake)?
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 52 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Aurisonics ASG-2 [AUS] 3 minutes ago
- › Takstar HI 2050 Open headphones any good? Looking below $100 4 minutes ago
- › S5 Review by EricP 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 4 minutes ago
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 6 minutes ago
- › Stax Interview and Factory tour 12/12/12 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)