- 2,110 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Gainesville, FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 328
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the quick replies - the seller in this case was Amazon and not their fulfilment or marketplace. I've spoken with them and they have advised I can return for a refund and they will investigate and let me know their findings.
Just seems odd that the font seems off colour in areas and I couldn't find a PK_XXXXXXX number on the bottom?
Easy answer: Buy only from a listed by Sennheiser Authorized Dealer.
You still got a very good deal in the end though ;).
yep I agree with burtomr....contact sennheiser now.
Just received my IE80 today. I also need some help on tips.
I've been through most of the included ones and most fit poorly and make the bass sound very thin. The only ones that fit well and provide the sound I expect are the deafult medium tips as fitted when supplied, just like shashu above.
My question is a little different however: I will not be using the guides and wearing them over ear, I will be wearing them in the traditional style. This means I'll need to reverse them, i.e. left piece in right ear and vice versa. To save the trouble of orientating them in a confusing manner everytime I wear them, I thought I could perhaps source some coloured tips and have red for right and black/blue for left or whatever.
Which are the closest tips to Sennheiser's medium silcone tips but are available in various colours and can be sourced within the UK?
Bonus question: how common is it for people to wear them in the traditional manner, it seems a shame for the left/right channels then not to tally with you left/right ears? Or am I doing something silly!?!
I wore them the traditional way, but without reversing the right and left. I do it by wearing the iem with the metal panel facing the antitragus. This way the pointy side is actually facing the opposite direction of your ear cannel. It actually works for me but the downside is that others won't be recognize them as ie80...XD...hope it works for you.
I don't know; I even used the BMK11 cable's still se535 's mid range sounded muddy.. 535 has a great forwardness to its mids and its creamy , yet it lacks the resolution... sometimes mids dominates the entire high frequency range..( ex- listening to death metal, Grime dubstep) so it was a pretty hectic IEM to deal with. although I still have have em :3
From what I read there's a difference in sound detail between the two. IE80 wins. Know nothing about that thumping bass thing.
Try those white monster hybrid super tips.. ( amazing clarity ) or you can start with the cheaper "Auvio" tips ( I guess I spelled the work correct ) :p
Really? Man, I will try them out, but tell me, from where do I get them? The monster hybrid super tips.
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
- › Perreaux SXH2 Headphone Amplifier 23 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 53 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Smooth Jazz - the poorly named upbeat instrumental music I love 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Which to reshell? TF10 or XBA3? 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying first pair of headphones. Which should I choose? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude