Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 324

post #4846 of 5672

Both products are "dispatched from and sold by Amazon".  Amazon itself is an authorised Sennheiser dealer right?

 

Going back to my original question, is there more than one model/version/revision of the IE 80.  Why is Amazon (itself) selling one pair at £185.99 and the other at £229.99?

post #4847 of 5672
As far as I'm aware there is only one version of the ie80. Best to email amazon customer service to find out about the two different prices.
post #4848 of 5672

I've made enquiries with the Amazon customer service bods but regrettably, they don't seem very astute to the matter.

 

On a separate note I'm planning on getting the IE 80s primarily for use in the gym.  Would anyone have concerns about them being used whilst weightlifting etc?  I'm not planning to sweat on them, since I've bought some PMX 685is for running.

post #4849 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashu View Post
 

I've made enquiries with the Amazon customer service bods but regrettably, they don't seem very astute to the matter.

 

On a separate note I'm planning on getting the IE 80s primarily for use in the gym.  Would anyone have concerns about them being used whilst weightlifting etc?  I'm not planning to sweat on them, since I've bought some PMX 685is for running.

 

Personally, I wouldn't use such an expensive pair of earphones at the gym. I wouldn't be listening analytically when out so why buy such an expensive pair? A cheaper $40 pair of earphones should do just fine for somewhere like the gym. Not to mention the possibility of damage. Imagine getting the cable caught somewhere mid exercise and tugging it forcefully.

post #4850 of 5672
I've destroyed two pairs of Klipsch (X10i and more recently, X10s) by using them at the gym. I need good sound quality whilst doing my workouts, and my reasoning with the IE 80s is that if the cable becomes damaged, it's relatively cheap to buy a replacement stock cable. Am I right in thinking that the earbuds themselves have good enough build quality to withstand gym use, and the only danger is therefore to the cable? My late Klipsch headphones both died of cable failure. I was thinking about getting the Sony XBA-4ip as an alternative to the Klipsch but the Sonys don't have replaceable cables.
post #4851 of 5672

Hi everyone,

 

Is it true that the IE80s have more detail than IE8?

 

Is it also true that these need 200+ hours of burn-in to open up?


Edited by Dominus - 9/10/13 at 1:04am
post #4852 of 5672
I took them to the gym once and I found them hard to keep in my ears the cord kept coming over my ears and the ear pieces kept moving on me.. It was annoying for me really lol
post #4853 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashu View Post
 

I've made enquiries with the Amazon customer service bods but regrettably, they don't seem very astute to the matter.

 

On a separate note I'm planning on getting the IE 80s primarily for use in the gym.  Would anyone have concerns about them being used whilst weightlifting etc?  I'm not planning to sweat on them, since I've bought some PMX 685is for running.

 

I use them to go for a walk in the mountains. my feedback is that they don't isolate much (more than 685 obviously) so in a gym you might prefer a pair with good isolation.

I use some comply foam tips and going over the ear to the back of the head will stay perfectly in place with the cord block at the back of the neck. other solutions will tend to get the cable moving too much like pacman said. so again if you lie on your back the cable might be a bother that way.  compromises !!! always.

 

and for those wondering, running with them isn't fun as you get a nasty wind blowing noise that forces you to push the volume up a lot.

else the sound signature is really good for activities as it is not a fatiguing one, yet you still have real music and not what I get out of my koss plug ^_^.

post #4854 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
 

Hi everyone,

 

Is it true that the IE80s have more detail than IE8?

 

Is it also true that these need 200+ hours of burn-in to open up?

Yes burn in does improve the ie80. My ie80 sounds better after a while compared to when i receive them. Its also have detailed sound especially with tape mod.

post #4855 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post
 

Yes burn in does improve the ie80. My ie80 sounds better after a while compared to when i receive them. Its also have detailed sound especially with tape mod.

 

Thats great news. Just ordered mines, should arrive within 2 days. Can you please tell me what's tape mod? Any pictures? :-)

post #4856 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
 

 

Thats great news. Just ordered mines, should arrive within 2 days. Can you please tell me what's tape mod? Any pictures? :-)

Just cover the vents of the IE80 with clear tape. :)

post #4857 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkojames15 View Post

Just cover the vents of the IE80 with clear tape. smily_headphones1.gif
and, where are these "vents" should be?
post #4858 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue4 View Post


and, where are these "vents" should be?

 

the bass tuner it self is the vent . got it?? so cover the whole silver face plate with a clear or black tape

post #4859 of 5672

That easy? Sweet! So what are the expected results?

post #4860 of 5672
Deleted

Edited by lightningfarron - 9/10/13 at 8:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread