Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 320

post #4786 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignty68 View Post

Where can I find these JVC tips? I couldn't seem to find any online. Have anyone tried these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/321116923291?var=510114269337
How does AUVIO tips compare to JVC tips?

 

To my ears they are superior in every way. Deeper, more precise bass is the first thing you notice. If you've been using foamies (Comply, Mobeast) then the mids and trebles really open up.

 

For JVC tips try:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-JVC-Replacement-Ear-Phone-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/350573446310

 

This is where I got mine from. I like the Auvios very much but the JVCs are the next best thing out there that I've heard. With that in mind, has anyone heard the Ortofons?

post #4787 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignty68 View Post

Where can I find these JVC tips? I couldn't seem to find any online. Have anyone tried these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/321116923291?var=510114269337
How does AUVIO tips compare to JVC tips?

 

I use these to great effect. You can also request for medium or small. I order the black tips. The exact tips I ordered from amazon but much cheaper.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-Compatible-JVC-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/231005795644?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item7b706b38a6

post #4788 of 5592

Just reread my post and it might look as if I prefer the JVCs over the Auvios - no, the Auvios are tops at the moment
 

post #4789 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden4th View Post

Just reread my post and it might look as if I prefer the JVCs over the Auvios - no, the Auvios are tops at the moment
 



I tried the Auvios. They are pretty nice but don't give me a good seal at all. With smaller ear canals (not as wide) the Auvios may be more suitable.


Edited by lee730 - 7/14/13 at 3:46am
post #4790 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignty68 View Post

Where can I find these JVC tips? I couldn't seem to find any online. Have anyone tried these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/321116923291?var=510114269337
How does AUVIO tips compare to JVC tips?

 

AUVIO's have a dual density silicone construction like Sony Hybrids. The part around the nozzle (blue) is slightly firmer than the ear flange which is softer. I think they are built far better than the typical single density tips like JVC's and the stock Sennheiser tips. Ultimately it comes down to which tips fit the best and sound the best to YOU. It is really hard to tell by reading the opinion of others, but I suggest you definately try AUVIO's especially if a Radio Shack is nearby. If you don't like 'em, or the size is wrong, you can exchange or return 'em.

 

 

post #4791 of 5592
iXFBhXC.jpgPiece of beauty redface.gif
Edited by energie - 7/19/13 at 3:52am
post #4792 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I use these to great effect. You can also request for medium or small. I order the black tips. The exact tips I ordered from amazon but much cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-Compatible-JVC-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/231005795644?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item7b706b38a6

Those tips are very good! smily_headphones1.gif

Combined with this method:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfarron View Post

i want to share my way on how to increase isolation,seal and fit with the ie80.
have an big eartips and small eartips (any big tips(i use JVC) and any small tips can be use here)


put the small tips inside the big tips


put the eartips in the ie80 and you are done





if the small eartips is to tight for the big eartips please cut this part on the small eartips


Hope it works for you guys

my IE80 sound so much better (I am using small tips inside medium ones).

Thanks! wink.gif
post #4793 of 5592
Cool tip. Will try.
post #4794 of 5592

hey guys

how much more can i have if i jump from ipod touch 5 to fiio x3?(with ie80 of course)

post #4795 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-jays one View Post

hey guys

how much more can i have if i jump from ipod touch 5 to fiio x3?(with ie80 of course)

 

I'd say about a buck-two-eighty.....give or take.

post #4796 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

 

I'd say about a buck-two-eighty.....give or take.

waht do u think about hm-601?

or what can i buy to get the  best sound out of ie80 with 300$ chash?

post #4797 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-jays one View Post

waht do u think about hm-601?

or what can i buy to get the  best sound out of ie80 with 300$ chash?

Ok, now I can actually answer your question:

 

Try the 'Tape Mod' first since it's free, then Upgrade Cables like Silver Plated Copper or Solid Silver is your best bang/largest improvement for the $'s.

 

If you are talking electronics take a look at the new FiiO X3 DAP.

post #4798 of 5592
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-jays one View Post

waht do u think about hm-601?

or what can i buy to get the  best sound out of ie80 with 300$ chash?

How about rocoo BA?

post #4799 of 5592
Quote:
How about rocoo BA?

Good. And with Studio very good.

 

Quote:

waht do u think about hm-601?

or what can i buy to get the  best sound out of ie80 with 300$ chash?

601 are not a good friend for Senn IE8/80. Too warm, soundstage is a little strange.
Take a look on rockboxed iPod 5.5. Maybe plus amp like ibasso d2 boa. super combo;)

For 300$ you can buy iHiFi 812 or 960, they are perfect with IE80.

post #4800 of 5592
In my opinion the best headphones ie8, they play with any player, any player pumped, unlike the armature. I believe that this is a successful model, and better than ie800!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread