- 442 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 318
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just correct my earlier post a little bit:
the main part that prevents the nozzle entering is "flexible core" in the pic burtomr provided, not wax guard. Sorry for this mistake. It is not as flexible as described in comply website, at least for TX 500 comply foam tips. So TX500 is not a good choice for ie80 from my experience. But it might suits other IEMs better, like my B&W C5.
With comply foams on other IEMs I owned, eg, C5, westone3, se535(the fit to W3 and 535 are not very good either, but at least better than ie80 which I can never put these tips on), the comply sounds muddy. I do not know if it is due to the wax guard that might block the soundstage , or other comply models without wax guard have the similar problem too. Anyway, comply foam tips are comfortable to wear but overall comply is not my taste... Good news, JVC tips are coming in a week:)
Sorry for my bad english:(
Thanks. without this trick i have a fit issue with the ie80 even with large tips because i have an big ear, this trick solved my problem about fit and isolation issues
the small tips can be on the same size with the big tips. if its too tight you can cut this part in the small tips before then insert it to the big tips.
Sorry for the late reply. my old amp was damaged 2 months ago and I need to save some dollars for the new one:( so I can not try it now...
But I did try C5 with amp before, as far as I can remember, C5 without amp does sound good to me, but if you feel amp helps C5 a lot for you, then why not turn them up when you use C5. With the amp it did sound a bit better, but the improvement is not significant to me(this is just how I feel though, if you bought it from the authorized dealer, then I do not think it is a pad pair, everyone has his own taste). But I feel the bass is too heavy and the treble is too harsh as the volume increase. usually I can bear the heavy bass since I can wear ie80 for longtime with level 3 bass level, but I found I can never wear C5 for more than one hour, otherwise it causes my ear pain. The loop thing was somewhat uncomfortable as well:(
But short time listening is pretty decent, plus the seal and isolation of C5 is very good. Did you try to use the tips from C5 on IE80? It should fit IE80 very well and the isolation is better than the stock tips of ie 80.
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 21 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 Discussion / Impressions 41 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 3.5mm HiFi Headphone Audio Cable for /Android / Windows 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 Black Dragon balanced cables 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HD800 (s/n 25xxx) with balanced Norne Audio Draug V2 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2