- 442 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
okay i am putting up this review after a lot of usage with these so called"garbage bin miracles". 1.packaging-simple,nothing wonderous here,and custom accesories 2.cable-seriously a let down but...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 318
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just correct my earlier post a little bit:
the main part that prevents the nozzle entering is "flexible core" in the pic burtomr provided, not wax guard. Sorry for this mistake. It is not as flexible as described in comply website, at least for TX 500 comply foam tips. So TX500 is not a good choice for ie80 from my experience. But it might suits other IEMs better, like my B&W C5.
With comply foams on other IEMs I owned, eg, C5, westone3, se535(the fit to W3 and 535 are not very good either, but at least better than ie80 which I can never put these tips on), the comply sounds muddy. I do not know if it is due to the wax guard that might block the soundstage , or other comply models without wax guard have the similar problem too. Anyway, comply foam tips are comfortable to wear but overall comply is not my taste... Good news, JVC tips are coming in a week:)
Sorry for my bad english:(
Thanks. without this trick i have a fit issue with the ie80 even with large tips because i have an big ear, this trick solved my problem about fit and isolation issues
the small tips can be on the same size with the big tips. if its too tight you can cut this part in the small tips before then insert it to the big tips.
Sorry for the late reply. my old amp was damaged 2 months ago and I need to save some dollars for the new one:( so I can not try it now...
But I did try C5 with amp before, as far as I can remember, C5 without amp does sound good to me, but if you feel amp helps C5 a lot for you, then why not turn them up when you use C5. With the amp it did sound a bit better, but the improvement is not significant to me(this is just how I feel though, if you bought it from the authorized dealer, then I do not think it is a pad pair, everyone has his own taste). But I feel the bass is too heavy and the treble is too harsh as the volume increase. usually I can bear the heavy bass since I can wear ie80 for longtime with level 3 bass level, but I found I can never wear C5 for more than one hour, otherwise it causes my ear pain. The loop thing was somewhat uncomfortable as well:(
But short time listening is pretty decent, plus the seal and isolation of C5 is very good. Did you try to use the tips from C5 on IE80? It should fit IE80 very well and the isolation is better than the stock tips of ie 80.
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 1 second ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 25 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 26 seconds ago
- › Yes Virgina, There is a difference in USB cables 45 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › ***PRICE DROP*** Mint Koss ESP-950 / E90 amplifier w/ Darin Fong... 3 minutes ago
- › TV/Films/Gaming Headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Newbie introduction 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by dancho
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3