- 442 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 318
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just correct my earlier post a little bit:
the main part that prevents the nozzle entering is "flexible core" in the pic burtomr provided, not wax guard. Sorry for this mistake. It is not as flexible as described in comply website, at least for TX 500 comply foam tips. So TX500 is not a good choice for ie80 from my experience. But it might suits other IEMs better, like my B&W C5.
With comply foams on other IEMs I owned, eg, C5, westone3, se535(the fit to W3 and 535 are not very good either, but at least better than ie80 which I can never put these tips on), the comply sounds muddy. I do not know if it is due to the wax guard that might block the soundstage , or other comply models without wax guard have the similar problem too. Anyway, comply foam tips are comfortable to wear but overall comply is not my taste... Good news, JVC tips are coming in a week:)
Sorry for my bad english:(
Thanks. without this trick i have a fit issue with the ie80 even with large tips because i have an big ear, this trick solved my problem about fit and isolation issues
the small tips can be on the same size with the big tips. if its too tight you can cut this part in the small tips before then insert it to the big tips.
Sorry for the late reply. my old amp was damaged 2 months ago and I need to save some dollars for the new one:( so I can not try it now...
But I did try C5 with amp before, as far as I can remember, C5 without amp does sound good to me, but if you feel amp helps C5 a lot for you, then why not turn them up when you use C5. With the amp it did sound a bit better, but the improvement is not significant to me(this is just how I feel though, if you bought it from the authorized dealer, then I do not think it is a pad pair, everyone has his own taste). But I feel the bass is too heavy and the treble is too harsh as the volume increase. usually I can bear the heavy bass since I can wear ie80 for longtime with level 3 bass level, but I found I can never wear C5 for more than one hour, otherwise it causes my ear pain. The loop thing was somewhat uncomfortable as well:(
But short time listening is pretty decent, plus the seal and isolation of C5 is very good. Did you try to use the tips from C5 on IE80? It should fit IE80 very well and the isolation is better than the stock tips of ie 80.
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 23 seconds ago
- › Question about tube amps 42 seconds ago
- › Searching a new MP3 player 45 seconds ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD 56 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 Pictures and Impressions! 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › electronic cigarette-fi 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe