- 442 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 318
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just correct my earlier post a little bit:
the main part that prevents the nozzle entering is "flexible core" in the pic burtomr provided, not wax guard. Sorry for this mistake. It is not as flexible as described in comply website, at least for TX 500 comply foam tips. So TX500 is not a good choice for ie80 from my experience. But it might suits other IEMs better, like my B&W C5.
With comply foams on other IEMs I owned, eg, C5, westone3, se535(the fit to W3 and 535 are not very good either, but at least better than ie80 which I can never put these tips on), the comply sounds muddy. I do not know if it is due to the wax guard that might block the soundstage , or other comply models without wax guard have the similar problem too. Anyway, comply foam tips are comfortable to wear but overall comply is not my taste... Good news, JVC tips are coming in a week:)
Sorry for my bad english:(
Thanks. without this trick i have a fit issue with the ie80 even with large tips because i have an big ear, this trick solved my problem about fit and isolation issues
the small tips can be on the same size with the big tips. if its too tight you can cut this part in the small tips before then insert it to the big tips.
Sorry for the late reply. my old amp was damaged 2 months ago and I need to save some dollars for the new one:( so I can not try it now...
But I did try C5 with amp before, as far as I can remember, C5 without amp does sound good to me, but if you feel amp helps C5 a lot for you, then why not turn them up when you use C5. With the amp it did sound a bit better, but the improvement is not significant to me(this is just how I feel though, if you bought it from the authorized dealer, then I do not think it is a pad pair, everyone has his own taste). But I feel the bass is too heavy and the treble is too harsh as the volume increase. usually I can bear the heavy bass since I can wear ie80 for longtime with level 3 bass level, but I found I can never wear C5 for more than one hour, otherwise it causes my ear pain. The loop thing was somewhat uncomfortable as well:(
But short time listening is pretty decent, plus the seal and isolation of C5 is very good. Did you try to use the tips from C5 on IE80? It should fit IE80 very well and the isolation is better than the stock tips of ie 80.
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 17 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 28 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 34 seconds ago
- › Help, Sennheiser Hd 450 cushions.. 53 seconds ago
- › 1,000+ CDs & 50+ DVDs (Take your pick or buy 'em all!) 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2