- 442 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Was hoping Schiit would cover Modi under warranty since it died just 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 317post #4741 of 74607/3/13 at 10:37amgot a link to ue tips? or the exact name? thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 74607/3/13 at 10:38am
I just find out TX-500 gives a good fit to my B&W C5 earphone, so I would keep them for my C5.
Definitely need new tips for ie80 and thank you for all your replies and recommendations.
I also check the old posts in this thread yesterday and really want to try Auvio, JVC and UE tips u guys mentioned. Hopefully i can get all of them:)post #4743 of 74607/3/13 at 11:16am
Original UE 900 silicon tips - UE single flange
just found a link for your reference.
Edited by Tindersticks - 7/3/13 at 11:23ampost #4744 of 74607/3/13 at 11:28ampost #4745 of 74607/3/13 at 11:10pm
Does anyone here NOT HAVE a pair of IE80s?
Check out the link below! :D
**Note : I apologize for peddling these herepost #4746 of 74607/4/13 at 4:00ampost #4747 of 74607/4/13 at 12:53pmRegarding the tape mod,
I have experimented with bass knob
set at min and max respectively.
I am sure many people did it with min bass
so I leave out this part.
With max bass and tape on,
I found myself immediately in love
with how the sound was delivered.
I can't get enough of it right now.
The power of bass remains the same
but becomes much more focused
and thus dives deeper.
Benefiting from the tape mod,
the mid bass is also well controlled.
Bleeding problem solved.
And of course more details and clarity
can be heard with vocal pushed a bit upfront.
to some who tried the mod and then gave up,
is the shrinking of soundstage.
Indeed, with max bass and tape,
the sound ends in enclosure, not expansion.
Especially the vocal ending direction is inward.
I like that strange intimate feel,
giving me more creeps, in a good way.
Edited by Tindersticks - 7/4/13 at 1:36pmpost #4748 of 74607/4/13 at 1:29pmpost #4749 of 74607/4/13 at 1:41pmHi,
I managed to change my g note for note2 a week ago, so my predator running from usb as a dac/amp.
I made that tape mode as well.
I definitely blown away, fell in love with this setup.
What I really like the sound nice with the lower quality songs as well, of course it will be benefit from some great flacs.
I'm glad to be here, without you headfi guys I think I never found my goodies
.....still need to found my tips, I don't like the originals none of them, I got a comfi from a flat mate, I haven't got a chance to thank him and ask where is he got frompost #4750 of 74607/4/13 at 1:42pmpost #4751 of 74607/4/13 at 1:57pm
interesting, I will change the bass setting (now at min level)and redo the tape mode. But I guess i will not set the bass at the max level, not such a bass head
Thanks for the experiment:)post #4752 of 74607/4/13 at 2:47pm
Just correct my earlier post a little bit:
the main part that prevents the nozzle entering is "flexible core" in the pic burtomr provided, not wax guard. Sorry for this mistake. It is not as flexible as described in comply website, at least for TX 500 comply foam tips. So TX500 is not a good choice for ie80 from my experience. But it might suits other IEMs better, like my B&W C5.
With comply foams on other IEMs I owned, eg, C5, westone3, se535(the fit to W3 and 535 are not very good either, but at least better than ie80 which I can never put these tips on), the comply sounds muddy. I do not know if it is due to the wax guard that might block the soundstage , or other comply models without wax guard have the similar problem too. Anyway, comply foam tips are comfortable to wear but overall comply is not my taste... Good news, JVC tips are coming in a week:)
Sorry for my bad english:(post #4753 of 74607/4/13 at 3:08pm
I didn't even find the Comply's comfortable as they made the insides of my ears itch after about ten minutes wear.
I'd also like to address the isolation issue of the IE80s that is often brought up as a fault. I don't believe that Sennheiser designed these to give the isolation that some other iems will give you. I think their focus was on producing width of soundstage and if that meant sacrificing some isolation then so be it. My experience is that the if you go for almost total isolation then the soundstage will be narrowed. You can test this by gently pressing on your iems as they are playing - you'll find that doing so narrows the soundstage. The other main reason given for more isolation is greater bass. Those of you who own the iE80 will know that there is already plenty of this available so this is not an issue.
Edited by holden4th - 7/4/13 at 3:09pmpost #4754 of 74607/5/13 at 1:26ampost #4755 of 74607/5/13 at 4:32am
i want to share my way on how to increase isolation,seal and fit with the ie80.
have an big eartips and small eartips (any big tips(i use JVC) and any small tips can be use here)
put the small tips inside the big tips
put the eartips in the ie80 and you are done
if the small eartips is to tight for the big eartips please cut this part on the small eartips
Hope it works for you guys
Edited by lightningfarron - 7/5/13 at 4:48amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 34 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 4 minutes ago
- › HD600 - on Creative SB X-Fi sound card. 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 6 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear