- 442 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 317
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just find out TX-500 gives a good fit to my B&W C5 earphone, so I would keep them for my C5.
Definitely need new tips for ie80 and thank you for all your replies and recommendations.
I also check the old posts in this thread yesterday and really want to try Auvio, JVC and UE tips u guys mentioned. Hopefully i can get all of them:)
Original UE 900 silicon tips - UE single flange
just found a link for your reference.
Edited by Tindersticks - 7/3/13 at 11:23am
Does anyone here NOT HAVE a pair of IE80s?
Check out the link below! :D
**Note : I apologize for peddling these here
I have experimented with bass knob
set at min and max respectively.
I am sure many people did it with min bass
so I leave out this part.
With max bass and tape on,
I found myself immediately in love
with how the sound was delivered.
I can't get enough of it right now.
The power of bass remains the same
but becomes much more focused
and thus dives deeper.
Benefiting from the tape mod,
the mid bass is also well controlled.
Bleeding problem solved.
And of course more details and clarity
can be heard with vocal pushed a bit upfront.
to some who tried the mod and then gave up,
is the shrinking of soundstage.
Indeed, with max bass and tape,
the sound ends in enclosure, not expansion.
Especially the vocal ending direction is inward.
I like that strange intimate feel,
giving me more creeps, in a good way.
Edited by Tindersticks - 7/4/13 at 1:36pm
I managed to change my g note for note2 a week ago, so my predator running from usb as a dac/amp.
I made that tape mode as well.
I definitely blown away, fell in love with this setup.
What I really like the sound nice with the lower quality songs as well, of course it will be benefit from some great flacs.
I'm glad to be here, without you headfi guys I think I never found my goodies
.....still need to found my tips, I don't like the originals none of them, I got a comfi from a flat mate, I haven't got a chance to thank him and ask where is he got from
interesting, I will change the bass setting (now at min level)and redo the tape mode. But I guess i will not set the bass at the max level, not such a bass head
Thanks for the experiment:)
Just correct my earlier post a little bit:
the main part that prevents the nozzle entering is "flexible core" in the pic burtomr provided, not wax guard. Sorry for this mistake. It is not as flexible as described in comply website, at least for TX 500 comply foam tips. So TX500 is not a good choice for ie80 from my experience. But it might suits other IEMs better, like my B&W C5.
With comply foams on other IEMs I owned, eg, C5, westone3, se535(the fit to W3 and 535 are not very good either, but at least better than ie80 which I can never put these tips on), the comply sounds muddy. I do not know if it is due to the wax guard that might block the soundstage , or other comply models without wax guard have the similar problem too. Anyway, comply foam tips are comfortable to wear but overall comply is not my taste... Good news, JVC tips are coming in a week:)
Sorry for my bad english:(
I didn't even find the Comply's comfortable as they made the insides of my ears itch after about ten minutes wear.
I'd also like to address the isolation issue of the IE80s that is often brought up as a fault. I don't believe that Sennheiser designed these to give the isolation that some other iems will give you. I think their focus was on producing width of soundstage and if that meant sacrificing some isolation then so be it. My experience is that the if you go for almost total isolation then the soundstage will be narrowed. You can test this by gently pressing on your iems as they are playing - you'll find that doing so narrows the soundstage. The other main reason given for more isolation is greater bass. Those of you who own the iE80 will know that there is already plenty of this available so this is not an issue.
Edited by holden4th - 7/4/13 at 3:09pm
i want to share my way on how to increase isolation,seal and fit with the ie80.
have an big eartips and small eartips (any big tips(i use JVC) and any small tips can be use here)
put the small tips inside the big tips
put the eartips in the ie80 and you are done
if the small eartips is to tight for the big eartips please cut this part on the small eartips
Hope it works for you guys
Edited by lightningfarron - 7/5/13 at 4:48am
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 second ago
- › Upgrade suggestions from SRS iWOW 3D for use with iPhone/iPad 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 46 seconds ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 6 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe