Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 313post #4681 of 74856/26/13 at 10:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4682 of 74856/26/13 at 11:42ampost #4683 of 74856/26/13 at 1:26pmpost #4684 of 74856/26/13 at 4:18pmpost #4685 of 74856/26/13 at 4:40pmpost #4686 of 74856/26/13 at 11:26pmpost #4687 of 74856/27/13 at 12:19ampost #4688 of 74856/27/13 at 12:37am
Sounds like he may be having an issue with the mids? I found them to be noticeably more upfront after the mod. Especially vocals.post #4689 of 74856/27/13 at 12:57ampost #4690 of 74856/27/13 at 1:17amQuote:
I find them to be more forward and more alive too. Its like i was in an concert i was sitting in the front row vip seat and without the tape mod i got a middle to back row seatpost #4691 of 74856/27/13 at 1:19amQuote:
Wouldnt the sony hybrid be too small for the ie80 nozzle?post #4692 of 74856/27/13 at 1:35ampost #4693 of 74856/27/13 at 1:43am
anyway tape mod really make ie80 a totally new IEM, to be honest i wasnt so happy with the stock sound...i almost wanted to try T-preos h-200 but now they are perfect, i can buy my cables now :)post #4694 of 74856/27/13 at 1:53amQuote:
You should look into the large JVC tips. Those worked best for me on the IE80s. Actually doing wonders on my 1Plus2s as we speak ;). I didn't like the Hybrid tips as it obstructed the sound of the IE80s. Making the sound stag narrow and altering all 3 frequencies.
I ordered black as I know that one works for sure (same tips I've ordered in the past). Not sure about the other colors. Would be interesting if someone got a combination of the colors to see if they are indeed the same ;). You can also check out his store and order in smaller amounts. I just placed an order for the tips below though to stock up on them. Still very cheap for 20 tips :).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Yggdrasil with Black Quantum fuse and Nordost Blue Heaven 18 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 27 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by... 5 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear