Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 313
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sounds like he may be having an issue with the mids? I found them to be noticeably more upfront after the mod. Especially vocals.
I find them to be more forward and more alive too. Its like i was in an concert i was sitting in the front row vip seat and without the tape mod i got a middle to back row seat
Wouldnt the sony hybrid be too small for the ie80 nozzle?
anyway tape mod really make ie80 a totally new IEM, to be honest i wasnt so happy with the stock sound...i almost wanted to try T-preos h-200 but now they are perfect, i can buy my cables now :)
You should look into the large JVC tips. Those worked best for me on the IE80s. Actually doing wonders on my 1Plus2s as we speak ;). I didn't like the Hybrid tips as it obstructed the sound of the IE80s. Making the sound stag narrow and altering all 3 frequencies.
I ordered black as I know that one works for sure (same tips I've ordered in the past). Not sure about the other colors. Would be interesting if someone got a combination of the colors to see if they are indeed the same ;). You can also check out his store and order in smaller amounts. I just placed an order for the tips below though to stock up on them. Still very cheap for 20 tips :).
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 52 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 9 minutes ago
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2