Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 313
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sounds like he may be having an issue with the mids? I found them to be noticeably more upfront after the mod. Especially vocals.
I find them to be more forward and more alive too. Its like i was in an concert i was sitting in the front row vip seat and without the tape mod i got a middle to back row seat
Wouldnt the sony hybrid be too small for the ie80 nozzle?
anyway tape mod really make ie80 a totally new IEM, to be honest i wasnt so happy with the stock sound...i almost wanted to try T-preos h-200 but now they are perfect, i can buy my cables now :)
You should look into the large JVC tips. Those worked best for me on the IE80s. Actually doing wonders on my 1Plus2s as we speak ;). I didn't like the Hybrid tips as it obstructed the sound of the IE80s. Making the sound stag narrow and altering all 3 frequencies.
I ordered black as I know that one works for sure (same tips I've ordered in the past). Not sure about the other colors. Would be interesting if someone got a combination of the colors to see if they are indeed the same ;). You can also check out his store and order in smaller amounts. I just placed an order for the tips below though to stock up on them. Still very cheap for 20 tips :).
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 1 minute ago
- › New Onkyo ES-FC300 / HF300? 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › Sophia Princess 274B / Mighty USAF-596 / 2 pair of Tung-sol 5998s 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 1 minute ago
- › Post HD800: The Search For a Sidekick 3 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)