Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 283

post #4231 of 5567

Well, I guess I'll see for myself here in a few days. Should be interesting. One or the other will be for sale afterward. :)

post #4232 of 5567

bad news guys.... my ie80s nozzle just came into my hand while i was replacing a tip... i cant believe sennheiser did a really bad gluing job to the iem's... the whole nozzle just came out..  i could see the driver as well... can any one tell me to fix it back is it wiser to use superglue?? or do i need to use any kind of a special glue?  

 

will gluing cause any channel imbalances?


Edited by Sylaw - 3/5/13 at 11:47am
post #4233 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaw View Post

bad news guys.... my ie80s nozzle just came into my hand while i was replacing a tip... i cant believe sennheiser did a really bad gluing job to the iem's... the whole nozzle just came out..  i could see the driver as well... can any one tell me to fix it back is it wiser to use superglue?? or do i need to use any kind of a special glue?  

 

will gluing cause any channel imbalances?


Mate don't do that. You might risk voiding you warranty. Inform Sennheiser about the incident instead. They should be able to do something about it since nozzle breaking is quite common with the IE series.

post #4234 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post


Mate don't do that. You might risk voiding you warranty. Inform Sennheiser about the incident instead. They should be able to do something about it since nozzle breaking is quite common with the IE series.

This. That said I haven't encountered that issue in nearly three years of owning mine.
post #4235 of 5567

Could you post a picture of the internals? Curious to see.

post #4236 of 5567

Hi Sylaw, 

 

Do get in touch with our service department and let them have a look & fix your IE 80. Below are contact details of our distributor in Colombo as well as our regional service office in Singapore:

 

Dynamic AV Technologies (PVT) LTD

Website: www.dynamicavtechnologies.com

Address: Ground Floor No: 413, R.A. De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka

Phone: +94 11 255 6736

Email: sales@davtechnologies.com

 

Sennheiser electronic Asia Pte Ltd

Website: www.sennheiserasia.com

Address: 438B Alexandra Road, 01-06/08 Alexandra Technopark, Singapore 119968

Phone: (+65) 6-2735202

Email: web.asia@sennasia.com.sg

 

 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylaw View Post



bad news guys.... my ie80s nozzle just came into my hand while i was replacing a tip... i cant believe sennheiser did a really bad gluing job to the iem's... the whole nozzle just came out..  i could see the driver as well... can any one tell me to fix it back is it wiser to use superglue?? or do i need to use any kind of a special glue?  

 

will gluing cause any channel imbalances?

post #4237 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

Hi Sylaw, 

Do get in touch with our service department and let them have a look & fix your IE 80. Below are contact details of our distributor in Colombo as well as our regional service office in Singapore:

Dynamic AV Technologies (PVT) LTD
Website: www.dynamicavtechnologies.com
Address: Ground Floor No: 413, 
R.A. De Mel Mawatha, 
Colombo 03, 
Sri Lanka

Phone: 
+94 11 255 6736

Email: 
sales@davtechnologies.com


Sennheiser electronic Asia Pte Ltd
Website: www.sennheiserasia.com

Address: 438B Alexandra Road, 
01-06/08 Alexandra Technopark, 
Singapore 119968

Phone: (+65) 6-2735202

Email: web.asia@sennasia.com.sg


 

Just got me replacement IE8 cable from there, the Singapore branch. Didn't realise no other shops stock it frown.gif
post #4238 of 5567

Auvio tips seal perfectly.  If you use the stock medium bi-flanges on the IE 80's you are going to have to go with the large Auvio tips. The medium Auvios are way too loose and do not get a proper seal. 


Edited by imacat - 3/5/13 at 9:23pm
post #4239 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

Hi Sylaw, 

 

Do get in touch with our service department and let them have a look & fix your IE 80. Below are contact details of our distributor in Colombo as well as our regional service office in Singapore:

 

Dynamic AV Technologies (PVT) LTD

Website: www.dynamicavtechnologies.com

Address: Ground Floor No: 413, R.A. De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka

Phone: +94 11 255 6736

Email: sales@davtechnologies.com

 

Sennheiser electronic Asia Pte Ltd

Website: www.sennheiserasia.com

Address: 438B Alexandra Road, 01-06/08 Alexandra Technopark, Singapore 119968

Phone: (+65) 6-2735202

Email: web.asia@sennasia.com.sg

 

 

 

 

thanks alot mate... so if i give it to dynamic AV in srilanka ... can i repair it??? free of charge???
post #4240 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaw View Post

thanks alot mate... so if i give it to dynamic AV in srilanka ... can i repair it??? free of charge???

 

Give them a call or send an email smile.gif

 

At Sennheiser service centres, our policy is to honour product warranties on products purchased from authorised dealers. 

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/warranty-conditions

post #4241 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacat View Post

Auvio tips seal perfectly.  If you use the stock medium bi-flanges on the IE 80's you are going to have to go with the large Auvio tips. The medium Auvios are way too loose and do not get a proper seal. 


I can't get hold of these as RadioShack don't post overseas and I would really like to try them out. Can anyone help - I'll pay in advance! However, I'm listening to these (see below) and have just been blown away at the better seal than the JVCs. They look very similar to the Auvios. They are a bit longer than the JVCs and therefore fit deeper. The low bass is deeper but maybe the midbass is a bit strong. Clarity is quite good.

 

I struggled to fit them on the IE80s but have worked out a method. Earphones Plus also supplied a complementary pair of foamies which had the hard nozzle further forward than Complys and this could be good for clarity. I'll try them out later.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006TWH9E8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #4242 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

 

Give them a call or send an email smile.gif

 

At Sennheiser service centres, our policy is to honour product warranties on products purchased from authorised dealers. 

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/warranty-conditions

 

i went to dynamic av... what they told me is that they cant do more than a glue job... they asked me is it fine?? but im scared if it cause any channel imbalance due to different air pressures inside individual shell.... plz reply to this soon...  its not broken by any means... i can snap it back... but still its pretty loose without gluing them... 

post #4243 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaw View Post

 

i went to dynamic av... what they told me is that they cant do more than a glue job... they asked me is it fine?? but im scared if it cause any channel imbalance due to different air pressures inside individual shell.... plz reply to this soon...  its not broken by any means... i can snap it back... but still its pretty loose without gluing them... 


If you did get your pair from an authorized dealer I suggest you just send them in to be replaced. I had the very same thing happen removing a damn pair of comply tips. The nozzle seems to be the weak-point on the IE8/IE80s. The design in this respects is rather poor.

post #4244 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


If you did get your pair from an authorized dealer I suggest you just send them in to be replaced. I had the very same thing happen removing a damn pair of comply tips. The nozzle seems to be the weak-point on the IE8/IE80s. The design in this respects is rather poor.

i took it from USA... im now in srilanka... it might be a lot of trouble to send it back.... i gt my digital  invoivce somehow though.....

post #4245 of 5567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaw View Post

i took it from USA... im now in srilanka... it might be a lot of trouble to send it back.... i gt my digital  invoice somehow though.....


Well talk with them and maybe they can make an accommodation to send it to a closer location? Never hurts to try. Anyways after that incident with my IE8s I tried living with them but I always felt there was channel imbalance as you stated and it drove me nuts. I had to get them replaced lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread