I lost one of the large single flanges :( lee could you tell me whether the one that came with ie80 is the same height as the JVC? or is it the longer one?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 256
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3827 of 748511/27/12 at 2:32pm
Edit: The IE80 large single flange tips are similar to the JVC tips but they are actually smaller. The JVCs have a slightly larger diameter and the material is also different. More thicker so it grabs better.
Edited by lee730 - 11/27/12 at 2:36pmpost #3828 of 748511/27/12 at 10:14pm
I took the IE80 to a 7-hrs flight yesterday and it sounded pretty good with mostly chamber music. The isolation is not bad with the default stock tips (single flange).post #3829 of 748511/27/12 at 10:19pmQuote:
People say the isolation on the IE80 is bad because they test the isolation without music on. Its isolation is bad if you intend to use them as earplugs.post #3830 of 748511/27/12 at 10:49pm
Even as ear plugs they aren't half bad depending on the application lol. Like while I'm driving I think they offer a nice and safe isolation without completing cutting me off from the outside.
post #3831 of 748511/27/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
Who would want to use it without playing music? I think the bassy phones like the IE80's work pretty well on airplanes.post #3832 of 748511/27/12 at 11:39pmQuote:
This is why I like mediocre isolation on my phones :)post #3833 of 748511/29/12 at 1:15pmpost #3834 of 748511/29/12 at 1:47pm
Excellent. What I am now finding is that I need to redo some of my MP3 music in a higher resolution (say 320 kbps) as anything around 192 sounds definitely of lesser quality with the ie80s. I hadn't really noticed this with my 580s. The most important thing is that the bass of the ie80s doesn't get in the way of the mid range. I've got a few leider recitals that I listen to including one from Ann Murray on Hyperion who seem to get great sound quality - her voice is just stunning!post #3835 of 748511/29/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by holden4th
Excellent. What I am now finding is that I need to redo some of my MP3 music in a higher resolution (say 320 kbps) as anything around 192 sounds definitely of lesser quality with the ie80s. I hadn't really noticed this with my 580s. The most important thing is that the bass of the ie80s doesn't get in the way of the mid range. I've got a few leider recitals that I listen to including one from Ann Murray on Hyperion who seem to get great sound quality - her voice is just stunning!
I disagree, compared to other high tiers in similar price range, it does seem a little veiled. I guess it does come down to personal preference however.post #3836 of 748511/30/12 at 12:45amQuote:
For me they are a little laidback IEM, for long listening session is fine, as you say a matter of preference.post #3837 of 748511/30/12 at 3:34pmQuote:
With the tape mod it's kinda hard to call them laid back any longer...post #3838 of 748512/1/12 at 12:44ampost #3839 of 748512/1/12 at 2:20am
Tried the tape mod. While the mid hump is subdued the bass extension is gone. After listening for a while with the tape, I took it off and immediately put on the EX1000. Man the EX1000 is WAY better.post #3840 of 748512/1/12 at 3:20amQuote:
And way more expensive. At least 60% more...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Soekris dam1021 R-2R DAC for DIY Projects 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 6 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 6 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 6 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear