I lost one of the large single flanges :( lee could you tell me whether the one that came with ie80 is the same height as the JVC? or is it the longer one?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 256
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3827 of 754311/27/12 at 2:32pm
Edit: The IE80 large single flange tips are similar to the JVC tips but they are actually smaller. The JVCs have a slightly larger diameter and the material is also different. More thicker so it grabs better.
Edited by lee730 - 11/27/12 at 2:36pmpost #3828 of 754311/27/12 at 10:14pm
I took the IE80 to a 7-hrs flight yesterday and it sounded pretty good with mostly chamber music. The isolation is not bad with the default stock tips (single flange).post #3829 of 754311/27/12 at 10:19pmQuote:
People say the isolation on the IE80 is bad because they test the isolation without music on. Its isolation is bad if you intend to use them as earplugs.post #3830 of 754311/27/12 at 10:49pm
Even as ear plugs they aren't half bad depending on the application lol. Like while I'm driving I think they offer a nice and safe isolation without completing cutting me off from the outside.
post #3831 of 754311/27/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
Who would want to use it without playing music? I think the bassy phones like the IE80's work pretty well on airplanes.post #3832 of 754311/27/12 at 11:39pmQuote:
This is why I like mediocre isolation on my phones :)post #3833 of 754311/29/12 at 1:15pmpost #3834 of 754311/29/12 at 1:47pm
Excellent. What I am now finding is that I need to redo some of my MP3 music in a higher resolution (say 320 kbps) as anything around 192 sounds definitely of lesser quality with the ie80s. I hadn't really noticed this with my 580s. The most important thing is that the bass of the ie80s doesn't get in the way of the mid range. I've got a few leider recitals that I listen to including one from Ann Murray on Hyperion who seem to get great sound quality - her voice is just stunning!post #3835 of 754311/29/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by holden4th
Excellent. What I am now finding is that I need to redo some of my MP3 music in a higher resolution (say 320 kbps) as anything around 192 sounds definitely of lesser quality with the ie80s. I hadn't really noticed this with my 580s. The most important thing is that the bass of the ie80s doesn't get in the way of the mid range. I've got a few leider recitals that I listen to including one from Ann Murray on Hyperion who seem to get great sound quality - her voice is just stunning!
I disagree, compared to other high tiers in similar price range, it does seem a little veiled. I guess it does come down to personal preference however.post #3836 of 754311/30/12 at 12:45amQuote:
For me they are a little laidback IEM, for long listening session is fine, as you say a matter of preference.post #3837 of 754311/30/12 at 3:34pmQuote:
With the tape mod it's kinda hard to call them laid back any longer...post #3838 of 754312/1/12 at 12:44ampost #3839 of 754312/1/12 at 2:20am
Tried the tape mod. While the mid hump is subdued the bass extension is gone. After listening for a while with the tape, I took it off and immediately put on the EX1000. Man the EX1000 is WAY better.post #3840 of 754312/1/12 at 3:20amQuote:
And way more expensive. At least 60% more...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 15 seconds ago
- › Fidelizer Pro - Real or Snake Oil? 41 seconds ago
- › Cowon iAudio D2 DAB version 16 GB (Shipping with tracking included) 1 minute ago
- › FS: NAD C 370 2-ch amp with MCS Series 3050 vintage analog EQ 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 giveaway 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear