How are IE80s with Vocals ? Anyone compared them to UM3X or EPH-100 ? I basically listen to edm and vocal jazz. I'm wondering how IE80 performs with these genres.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 245post #3661 of 746410/31/12 at 5:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 746410/31/12 at 6:02pm
IE80s are quite good at vocals and with the tape mod you turn them into mid-centric IEMs with lots of bass impact and treble detail. So this IEM is a very versatile IEM with 3 possible sound signatures without having to use any form of EQ.
I also just got my Silver Galaxy Cable back from Zeroshoe (repair) and I am very pleased with the new build quality. The connectors look just like the ones on the original IE80 cable so very very sturdy and it will stay in place for sure. I had shown Zeroshoe the connectors offered on the Toxic Cables and now he is gonna be strictly using the good connectors.
Edited by lee730 - 10/31/12 at 6:04pmpost #3663 of 746410/31/12 at 7:16pmpost #3664 of 746410/31/12 at 7:35pm
I am trying to find some tips for my IE80 to get a perfect seal. I am using the medium sized single flange tips provided and they suit the best so far but are not perfect. Do Melectronics tips fit these ? Looking at the shape of their medium sized double flange i reckon they would be perfect. If they will go on.post #3665 of 746410/31/12 at 7:54pmpost #3666 of 746410/31/12 at 7:57pmpost #3667 of 746410/31/12 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by lightningfarron
my toxic cable for ie80 had just arrived. i had them burned in for around 60 hour now.
first impression:this cable suits me better than my whiplash twag for ie80. I find the twag abit bright and harsh when paired with the ie80 and studio v.
The toxic cable is just nice, it extended the treble while maintaining the ie80 smooth treble without making it too bright or harsh. there are other improvement as well compared to the stock cable.
Glad you like the cables.post #3668 of 746410/31/12 at 8:08pmpost #3669 of 746411/1/12 at 9:44ampost #3670 of 746411/2/12 at 1:03am
I have a question. Has anyone here tried to compare IE 80 ( with stock and upgraded cable) with HD 650 ? i'd like to hear some comparisons on them. Thanks
Edited by gearofwar - 11/2/12 at 1:05ampost #3671 of 746411/2/12 at 7:57amHi guys,I've been using an IE80 for some time now and I'm very happy with sound I'm getting. I've also invested in a FiiO E17 to have more decent sound comming out of my Macook.Recently I've also got a replacement cable, the one for the IE8 with remote and mic so that my IE80 gets better in use with my iPhone.The trouble I'm experiecing is with the DAC/AMP.When connecting the IE80 with IE8 mic+remote replacement cable to my FiiO E17, I'm only getting sound in the left earpiece and almost none in the right.This must be surely because of the slightly different connector in the IE8 remote+mic cable due to the mic circuit, but the same cable works ok when connected directly with my Macbook.Is there any solution to this? Has anyone else experienced this?post #3672 of 746411/3/12 at 12:47amQuote:Originally Posted by ubikutzHi guys,I've been using an IE80 for some time now and I'm very happy with sound I'm getting. I've also invested in a FiiO E17 to have more decent sound comming out of my Macook.Recently I've also got a replacement cable, the one for the IE8 with remote and mic so that my IE80 gets better in use with my iPhone.The trouble I'm experiecing is with the DAC/AMP.When connecting the IE80 with IE8 mic+remote replacement cable to my FiiO E17, I'm only getting sound in the left earpiece and almost none in the right.This must be surely because of the slightly different connector in the IE8 remote+mic cable due to the mic circuit, but the same cable works ok when connected directly with my Macbook.Is there any solution to this? Has anyone else experienced this?
Well, this is a little embarassing, but a happy ending nonetheless.
I've tried my stock iPhone headphone via FiiO E17 via iPhone and all worked ok. Than I've tried the IE80 with IE8i cable and it worked ok.
Turns out that somebody had tinkered with my laptop's audio balance (shifted all the way to the left) and that's why I was getting audio in only one phone.
So happy ending afterall :)post #3673 of 746411/3/12 at 4:28pmpost #3674 of 746411/3/12 at 8:13pmToday I was marching in a parade and used my IE80 as a noise filter, and removed the cables. Unfortunately, I lost the stock cables, and now I am searching for a replacement. Can you recommend me any good replacement cables for the Sennheiser IE80 for under $50?
While the tips work fine with me, I am searching for better. Which small comply silicon tips (without modding) are the best for the IE80? Thanks.
Note: Surprisingly, I haven't had issues with fit.
Edited by RobotsEatCookie - 11/3/12 at 8:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 750 harsh/piercing highs equalization help 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear