How are IE80s with Vocals ? Anyone compared them to UM3X or EPH-100 ? I basically listen to edm and vocal jazz. I'm wondering how IE80 performs with these genres.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IE80s are quite good at vocals and with the tape mod you turn them into mid-centric IEMs with lots of bass impact and treble detail. So this IEM is a very versatile IEM with 3 possible sound signatures without having to use any form of EQ.
I also just got my Silver Galaxy Cable back from Zeroshoe (repair) and I am very pleased with the new build quality. The connectors look just like the ones on the original IE80 cable so very very sturdy and it will stay in place for sure. I had shown Zeroshoe the connectors offered on the Toxic Cables and now he is gonna be strictly using the good connectors.
Edited by lee730 - 10/31/12 at 6:04pm
I am trying to find some tips for my IE80 to get a perfect seal. I am using the medium sized single flange tips provided and they suit the best so far but are not perfect. Do Melectronics tips fit these ? Looking at the shape of their medium sized double flange i reckon they would be perfect. If they will go on.
my toxic cable for ie80 had just arrived. i had them burned in for around 60 hour now.
first impression:this cable suits me better than my whiplash twag for ie80. I find the twag abit bright and harsh when paired with the ie80 and studio v.
The toxic cable is just nice, it extended the treble while maintaining the ie80 smooth treble without making it too bright or harsh. there are other improvement as well compared to the stock cable.
Glad you like the cables.
I have a question. Has anyone here tried to compare IE 80 ( with stock and upgraded cable) with HD 650 ? i'd like to hear some comparisons on them. Thanks
Edited by gearofwar - 11/2/12 at 1:05am
Well, this is a little embarassing, but a happy ending nonetheless.
I've tried my stock iPhone headphone via FiiO E17 via iPhone and all worked ok. Than I've tried the IE80 with IE8i cable and it worked ok.
Turns out that somebody had tinkered with my laptop's audio balance (shifted all the way to the left) and that's why I was getting audio in only one phone.
So happy ending afterall :)
While the tips work fine with me, I am searching for better. Which small comply silicon tips (without modding) are the best for the IE80? Thanks.
Note: Surprisingly, I haven't had issues with fit.
Edited by RobotsEatCookie - 11/3/12 at 8:16pm
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 26 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 29 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 34 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: HIFIMAN RE-600 Songbird - True to its name 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)