How are IE80s with Vocals ? Anyone compared them to UM3X or EPH-100 ? I basically listen to edm and vocal jazz. I'm wondering how IE80 performs with these genres.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help with IEM's Last post on 8/8/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear headphones for under 300$? (bass) Last post on 8/23/12 at 12:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly...
DisclaimerThis sample was sent to me for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions and observations here are my own based on my experience with the product. I have no affiliation with the...
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread - Page 245post #3661 of 754310/31/12 at 5:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 754310/31/12 at 6:02pm
IE80s are quite good at vocals and with the tape mod you turn them into mid-centric IEMs with lots of bass impact and treble detail. So this IEM is a very versatile IEM with 3 possible sound signatures without having to use any form of EQ.
I also just got my Silver Galaxy Cable back from Zeroshoe (repair) and I am very pleased with the new build quality. The connectors look just like the ones on the original IE80 cable so very very sturdy and it will stay in place for sure. I had shown Zeroshoe the connectors offered on the Toxic Cables and now he is gonna be strictly using the good connectors.
Edited by lee730 - 10/31/12 at 6:04pmpost #3663 of 754310/31/12 at 7:16pmpost #3664 of 754310/31/12 at 7:35pm
I am trying to find some tips for my IE80 to get a perfect seal. I am using the medium sized single flange tips provided and they suit the best so far but are not perfect. Do Melectronics tips fit these ? Looking at the shape of their medium sized double flange i reckon they would be perfect. If they will go on.post #3665 of 754310/31/12 at 7:54pmpost #3666 of 754310/31/12 at 7:57pmpost #3667 of 754310/31/12 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by lightningfarron
my toxic cable for ie80 had just arrived. i had them burned in for around 60 hour now.
first impression:this cable suits me better than my whiplash twag for ie80. I find the twag abit bright and harsh when paired with the ie80 and studio v.
The toxic cable is just nice, it extended the treble while maintaining the ie80 smooth treble without making it too bright or harsh. there are other improvement as well compared to the stock cable.
Glad you like the cables.post #3668 of 754310/31/12 at 8:08pmpost #3669 of 754311/1/12 at 9:44ampost #3670 of 754311/2/12 at 1:03am
I have a question. Has anyone here tried to compare IE 80 ( with stock and upgraded cable) with HD 650 ? i'd like to hear some comparisons on them. Thanks
Edited by gearofwar - 11/2/12 at 1:05ampost #3671 of 754311/2/12 at 7:57amHi guys,I've been using an IE80 for some time now and I'm very happy with sound I'm getting. I've also invested in a FiiO E17 to have more decent sound comming out of my Macook.Recently I've also got a replacement cable, the one for the IE8 with remote and mic so that my IE80 gets better in use with my iPhone.The trouble I'm experiecing is with the DAC/AMP.When connecting the IE80 with IE8 mic+remote replacement cable to my FiiO E17, I'm only getting sound in the left earpiece and almost none in the right.This must be surely because of the slightly different connector in the IE8 remote+mic cable due to the mic circuit, but the same cable works ok when connected directly with my Macbook.Is there any solution to this? Has anyone else experienced this?post #3672 of 754311/3/12 at 12:47amQuote:Originally Posted by ubikutzHi guys,I've been using an IE80 for some time now and I'm very happy with sound I'm getting. I've also invested in a FiiO E17 to have more decent sound comming out of my Macook.Recently I've also got a replacement cable, the one for the IE8 with remote and mic so that my IE80 gets better in use with my iPhone.The trouble I'm experiecing is with the DAC/AMP.When connecting the IE80 with IE8 mic+remote replacement cable to my FiiO E17, I'm only getting sound in the left earpiece and almost none in the right.This must be surely because of the slightly different connector in the IE8 remote+mic cable due to the mic circuit, but the same cable works ok when connected directly with my Macbook.Is there any solution to this? Has anyone else experienced this?
Well, this is a little embarassing, but a happy ending nonetheless.
I've tried my stock iPhone headphone via FiiO E17 via iPhone and all worked ok. Than I've tried the IE80 with IE8i cable and it worked ok.
Turns out that somebody had tinkered with my laptop's audio balance (shifted all the way to the left) and that's why I was getting audio in only one phone.
So happy ending afterall :)post #3673 of 754311/3/12 at 4:28pmpost #3674 of 754311/3/12 at 8:13pmToday I was marching in a parade and used my IE80 as a noise filter, and removed the cables. Unfortunately, I lost the stock cables, and now I am searching for a replacement. Can you recommend me any good replacement cables for the Sennheiser IE80 for under $50?
While the tips work fine with me, I am searching for better. Which small comply silicon tips (without modding) are the best for the IE80? Thanks.
Note: Surprisingly, I haven't had issues with fit.
Edited by snappyaxolotl - 11/3/12 at 8:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 11 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 13 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 22 seconds ago
- › Topping A30 Headphone Amplifier 39 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Aigo Z1 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear