I currently have some Dr Dre beat solos but they are starting to crackle.....Currently i am looking at ATH- M50 and K240. I love to listen to music on my Ipod and computer so I want the quality to be nice.
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/31/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones For Korean Pop Last post on 2/16/12 at 1:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rush? Last post on 10/12/11 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
Need a new pair of headphones for around $200 bucks....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 158/30/11 at 5:30pmpost #3 of 158/30/11 at 5:49pmpost #4 of 158/30/11 at 6:06pmI had the k240s and they were amazing for the price. But I think you could do better without $200. Since you're used to the Beats' sound, I would get the M50's (boomy) or the Ultrasone HFI-580 (tighter, higher quality bass). If you want to try something new there are a ton of options, so you'll have to help us narrow it down by giving us more info, like your preffered genres.post #5 of 158/30/11 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 158/30/11 at 6:50pmQuote:
Practically anything serious over $100 will be better then the beats. I think you would want somewhat bassy headphones, if that is the case try to get some ultrasones.post #7 of 158/30/11 at 6:51pmpost #8 of 158/30/11 at 6:56pmpost #9 of 158/30/11 at 7:17pmThread Starterpost #10 of 158/30/11 at 7:24pmpost #11 of 158/30/11 at 8:55pmQuote:
It's because it's basshead audiophile products. I for one, LOVED the HFI 580... 2 years ago.post #12 of 158/31/11 at 3:40amThread Starterpost #13 of 158/31/11 at 3:42ampost #14 of 158/31/11 at 5:41amQuote:
Denon AH-D1100 or AH-D2000.
Edited by Croozer - 8/31/11 at 5:42am
- Need a new pair of headphones for around $200 bucks....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Alchemist's Ultimate Wish List Thread (feel free to add your... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The price curve for headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › HRT MicroStreamer 4 minutes ago
- › Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 10 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)