I currently have some Dr Dre beat solos but they are starting to crackle.....Currently i am looking at ATH- M50 and K240. I love to listen to music on my Ipod and computer so I want the quality to be nice.
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/31/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones For Korean Pop Last post on 2/16/12 at 1:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rush? Last post on 10/12/11 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
Need a new pair of headphones for around $200 bucks....
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 158/30/11 at 5:30pmpost #3 of 158/30/11 at 5:49pmpost #4 of 158/30/11 at 6:06pmI had the k240s and they were amazing for the price. But I think you could do better without $200. Since you're used to the Beats' sound, I would get the M50's (boomy) or the Ultrasone HFI-580 (tighter, higher quality bass). If you want to try something new there are a ton of options, so you'll have to help us narrow it down by giving us more info, like your preffered genres.post #5 of 158/30/11 at 6:43pmThread Starterpost #6 of 158/30/11 at 6:50pmQuote:
Practically anything serious over $100 will be better then the beats. I think you would want somewhat bassy headphones, if that is the case try to get some ultrasones.post #7 of 158/30/11 at 6:51pmpost #8 of 158/30/11 at 6:56pmpost #9 of 158/30/11 at 7:17pmThread Starterpost #10 of 158/30/11 at 7:24pmpost #11 of 158/30/11 at 8:55pmQuote:
It's because it's basshead audiophile products. I for one, LOVED the HFI 580... 2 years ago.post #12 of 158/31/11 at 3:40amThread Starterpost #13 of 158/31/11 at 3:42ampost #14 of 158/31/11 at 5:41amQuote:
Denon AH-D1100 or AH-D2000.
Edited by Croozer - 8/31/11 at 5:42am
- Need a new pair of headphones for around $200 bucks....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 32 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Roland RH-300 impressions 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3