I think that vocals are represented beautifully on the 7506's. And once your burn them in a lot more (I gave mine like 50 hours) the harsh high range isnt as bad, but its still a little bit harsher than most headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought AKG K272HD sounds no different? Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Sony MDR-7506 - Page 3post #31 of 1569/1/11 at 2:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1569/1/11 at 4:10pmpost #33 of 1569/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #34 of 1569/1/11 at 8:05pmQuote:
me too. beach camera if I recall.post #35 of 1569/1/11 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #36 of 1569/1/11 at 8:34pm
I listened to the srh840 when a guy brought his to the studio. good headphone but very bulky and heavy, nice midrange and highs, but I feel the bass is better on the sonys.post #37 of 1569/1/11 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #38 of 1569/1/11 at 8:49pmQuote:
they can last decades. we have some v6 in the studio that are 15 years old and the only thing that has been replaced is the pads.post #39 of 1569/3/11 at 6:23amQuote:
Record any Roy Estrada?post #40 of 1569/3/11 at 7:23ampost #41 of 1569/3/11 at 7:29am
Mmm, Waka/jawaka on right now. Good thing I'm not using these headphones though! Distinguishing even Aynsley's footwork would be difficult..post #42 of 1569/3/11 at 2:07pmQuote:
If it makes you feel good to bash these cans then ok. Nobody is saying the 7506 is the be all end all, but to say you have trouble listening to his footwork, I think you need your ears checked.
but I will make you happy....LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! the 7506 is a 20 plus year old can, and electropop is owner to far better cans than these.
Edited by Ouspensky - 9/3/11 at 2:15pmpost #43 of 1569/3/11 at 4:12pm
I'm saying my almost equally old (by design) headphone, if even older, the K272 (based on K271), is better than the sony :) ... Portrays Zappa in a completely new light compared to the 7506. Of course it's not be all end all, nothing quite likely is, but for the price I believe MUCH better can be found.
My ears are very checked. I use this:post #44 of 1569/3/11 at 6:59pm
ok, guys forget about the 7506 that sell for 80 bucks, just go with electropop's choice.
signing off this pissing contest.
- Sony MDR-7506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › First DAC for A-T AD900X 17 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 31 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2