I think that vocals are represented beautifully on the 7506's. And once your burn them in a lot more (I gave mine like 50 hours) the harsh high range isnt as bad, but its still a little bit harsher than most headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought AKG K272HD sounds no different? Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Sony MDR-7506 - Page 3post #31 of 779/1/11 at 2:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 779/1/11 at 4:10pmpost #33 of 779/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #34 of 779/1/11 at 8:05pmQuote:
me too. beach camera if I recall.post #35 of 779/1/11 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #36 of 779/1/11 at 8:34pm
I listened to the srh840 when a guy brought his to the studio. good headphone but very bulky and heavy, nice midrange and highs, but I feel the bass is better on the sonys.post #37 of 779/1/11 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #38 of 779/1/11 at 8:49pmQuote:
they can last decades. we have some v6 in the studio that are 15 years old and the only thing that has been replaced is the pads.post #39 of 779/3/11 at 6:23ampost #40 of 779/3/11 at 7:23ampost #41 of 779/3/11 at 7:29am
Mmm, Waka/jawaka on right now. Good thing I'm not using these headphones though! Distinguishing even Aynsley's footwork would be difficult..post #42 of 779/3/11 at 2:07pmQuote:
If it makes you feel good to bash these cans then ok. Nobody is saying the 7506 is the be all end all, but to say you have trouble listening to his footwork, I think you need your ears checked.
but I will make you happy....LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! the 7506 is a 20 plus year old can, and electropop is owner to far better cans than these.
Edited by Ouspensky - 9/3/11 at 2:15pmpost #43 of 779/3/11 at 4:12pm
I'm saying my almost equally old (by design) headphone, if even older, the K272 (based on K271), is better than the sony :) ... Portrays Zappa in a completely new light compared to the 7506. Of course it's not be all end all, nothing quite likely is, but for the price I believe MUCH better can be found.
My ears are very checked. I use this:post #44 of 779/3/11 at 6:59pm
ok, guys forget about the 7506 that sell for 80 bucks, just go with electropop's choice.
signing off this pissing contest.
- Sony MDR-7506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Factor 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dream Earz AUD 8x 8 drivers CIEM 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 7 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 8 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › Cary Nighthawk Amp and Fostex TH600 Combo 11 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)