I think that vocals are represented beautifully on the 7506's. And once your burn them in a lot more (I gave mine like 50 hours) the harsh high range isnt as bad, but its still a little bit harsher than most headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought AKG K272HD sounds no different? Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Sony MDR-7506 - Page 3post #31 of 1749/1/11 at 2:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1749/1/11 at 4:10pmpost #33 of 1749/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #34 of 1749/1/11 at 8:05pmQuote:
me too. beach camera if I recall.post #35 of 1749/1/11 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #36 of 1749/1/11 at 8:34pm
I listened to the srh840 when a guy brought his to the studio. good headphone but very bulky and heavy, nice midrange and highs, but I feel the bass is better on the sonys.post #37 of 1749/1/11 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #38 of 1749/1/11 at 8:49pmQuote:
they can last decades. we have some v6 in the studio that are 15 years old and the only thing that has been replaced is the pads.post #39 of 1749/3/11 at 6:23amQuote:
Record any Roy Estrada?post #40 of 1749/3/11 at 7:23ampost #41 of 1749/3/11 at 7:29am
Mmm, Waka/jawaka on right now. Good thing I'm not using these headphones though! Distinguishing even Aynsley's footwork would be difficult..post #42 of 1749/3/11 at 2:07pmQuote:
If it makes you feel good to bash these cans then ok. Nobody is saying the 7506 is the be all end all, but to say you have trouble listening to his footwork, I think you need your ears checked.
but I will make you happy....LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! the 7506 is a 20 plus year old can, and electropop is owner to far better cans than these.
Edited by Ouspensky - 9/3/11 at 2:15pmpost #43 of 1749/3/11 at 4:12pm
I'm saying my almost equally old (by design) headphone, if even older, the K272 (based on K271), is better than the sony :) ... Portrays Zappa in a completely new light compared to the 7506. Of course it's not be all end all, nothing quite likely is, but for the price I believe MUCH better can be found.
My ears are very checked. I use this:post #44 of 1749/3/11 at 6:59pm
ok, guys forget about the 7506 that sell for 80 bucks, just go with electropop's choice.
signing off this pissing contest.
- Sony MDR-7506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › For sale Mad Dog 3.2 with alpha pads and Mayflower V1 t50rp MK3 26 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 37 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 49 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003i with all original accessories 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear