I think that vocals are represented beautifully on the 7506's. And once your burn them in a lot more (I gave mine like 50 hours) the harsh high range isnt as bad, but its still a little bit harsher than most headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought AKG K272HD sounds no different? Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sony MDR-7506 - Page 3post #31 of 779/1/11 at 2:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 779/1/11 at 4:10pmpost #33 of 779/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #34 of 779/1/11 at 8:05pmQuote:
me too. beach camera if I recall.post #35 of 779/1/11 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #36 of 779/1/11 at 8:34pm
I listened to the srh840 when a guy brought his to the studio. good headphone but very bulky and heavy, nice midrange and highs, but I feel the bass is better on the sonys.post #37 of 779/1/11 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #38 of 779/1/11 at 8:49pmQuote:
they can last decades. we have some v6 in the studio that are 15 years old and the only thing that has been replaced is the pads.post #39 of 779/3/11 at 6:23ampost #40 of 779/3/11 at 7:23ampost #41 of 779/3/11 at 7:29am
Mmm, Waka/jawaka on right now. Good thing I'm not using these headphones though! Distinguishing even Aynsley's footwork would be difficult..post #42 of 779/3/11 at 2:07pmQuote:
If it makes you feel good to bash these cans then ok. Nobody is saying the 7506 is the be all end all, but to say you have trouble listening to his footwork, I think you need your ears checked.
but I will make you happy....LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! the 7506 is a 20 plus year old can, and electropop is owner to far better cans than these.
Edited by Ouspensky - 9/3/11 at 2:15pmpost #43 of 779/3/11 at 4:12pm
I'm saying my almost equally old (by design) headphone, if even older, the K272 (based on K271), is better than the sony :) ... Portrays Zappa in a completely new light compared to the 7506. Of course it's not be all end all, nothing quite likely is, but for the price I believe MUCH better can be found.
My ears are very checked. I use this:post #44 of 779/3/11 at 6:59pm
ok, guys forget about the 7506 that sell for 80 bucks, just go with electropop's choice.
signing off this pissing contest.
- Sony MDR-7506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › COWON X9: Micro sd card trouble 15 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › Hi! I'm new to this community and I would like some help on... 4 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › HRT Music Streamer HD 8 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)