I think that vocals are represented beautifully on the 7506's. And once your burn them in a lot more (I gave mine like 50 hours) the harsh high range isnt as bad, but its still a little bit harsher than most headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bought AKG K272HD sounds no different? Last post on 1/10/12 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't deside, help me choose cans for ~150e Last post on 7/4/12 at 8:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- V6's vs. 7506's Last post on 3/15/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why has amazon stopped selling the Sony MDR-V6 Last post on 1/12/12 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sony MDR-7506 - Page 3post #31 of 1629/1/11 at 2:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1629/1/11 at 4:10pmpost #33 of 1629/1/11 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #34 of 1629/1/11 at 8:05pmQuote:
me too. beach camera if I recall.post #35 of 1629/1/11 at 8:18pmThread Starterpost #36 of 1629/1/11 at 8:34pm
I listened to the srh840 when a guy brought his to the studio. good headphone but very bulky and heavy, nice midrange and highs, but I feel the bass is better on the sonys.post #37 of 1629/1/11 at 8:42pmThread Starterpost #38 of 1629/1/11 at 8:49pmQuote:
they can last decades. we have some v6 in the studio that are 15 years old and the only thing that has been replaced is the pads.post #39 of 1629/3/11 at 6:23amQuote:
Record any Roy Estrada?post #40 of 1629/3/11 at 7:23ampost #41 of 1629/3/11 at 7:29am
Mmm, Waka/jawaka on right now. Good thing I'm not using these headphones though! Distinguishing even Aynsley's footwork would be difficult..post #42 of 1629/3/11 at 2:07pmQuote:
If it makes you feel good to bash these cans then ok. Nobody is saying the 7506 is the be all end all, but to say you have trouble listening to his footwork, I think you need your ears checked.
but I will make you happy....LISTEN UP EVERYBODY! the 7506 is a 20 plus year old can, and electropop is owner to far better cans than these.
Edited by Ouspensky - 9/3/11 at 2:15pmpost #43 of 1629/3/11 at 4:12pm
I'm saying my almost equally old (by design) headphone, if even older, the K272 (based on K271), is better than the sony :) ... Portrays Zappa in a completely new light compared to the 7506. Of course it's not be all end all, nothing quite likely is, but for the price I believe MUCH better can be found.
My ears are very checked. I use this:post #44 of 1629/3/11 at 6:59pm
ok, guys forget about the 7506 that sell for 80 bucks, just go with electropop's choice.
signing off this pissing contest.
- Sony MDR-7506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Review Recruitment of FiiO RM1 Starts Now!!! ---- Be the first one... 32 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 58 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Franken-Grado headphonese 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse