Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name) - Page 9

post #121 of 166

Ive been eyeing these for a while now, especially since theyre so cheap. Can anyone compare these to any full size headphones? I dont have much experience with decent iems. Im really just concerned that i should be saving a little more to get the gr07 since im used to full size cans like shure srh840, grados and trying some sennheisers and beyers. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated

post #122 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowered007 View Post

Ive been eyeing these for a while now, especially since theyre so cheap. Can anyone compare these to any full size headphones? I dont have much experience with decent iems. Im really just concerned that i should be saving a little more to get the gr07 since im used to full size cans like shure srh840, grados and trying some sennheisers and beyers. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated


I think that relative to the other IEMS I've heard, these are a great value. They were a good deal for their original MSRP of $100, and even better now. That said, I've always used full sized cans. I have Magnum V4s (full Al) as my main can and Beyer DT1350 as my portables, and I like both a lot more. Just because I'm used to full size speakers that resonate and sound that bounces and sounds airy and open. IEMs never quite sound like that in my experience. They sound like the transducer is right in your ear, because it is. They lack a lot of the openness of full size headphones. That said, many consider that a plus, the sound is probably technically more accurate.

 

Anyway, you really can't go wrong with the GR04 Flagship (not classic), they are great IEMs and I enjoyed them, but in truth I enjoy full size cans more.

post #123 of 166
Funny you say Dt 1350....that's what I'm eyeing as my portable whenever I can offload my shures. But I still think ill get the gr04 Fe just for travel and occasionally at work. Thanks for the reply.
post #124 of 166

those of you who have gr04 fse which ear tip do you use?

i found comply foam tip to be somewhat annoying and hard to get a good fit

i also tried noise canceling one but it hurts my ears after awhile

post #125 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjyi View Post

those of you who have gr04 fse which ear tip do you use?

i found comply foam tip to be somewhat annoying and hard to get a good fit

i also tried noise canceling one but it hurts my ears after awhile

I use the one from sony mh1c - the best sounding with the Gr04FE IMO. My second choice will be the meelec M6's single flange tips. They both fit the Gr04's nozzles properly but can also be easily put on the entire nozzle, which I prefer for faster seal and no issues with them bothering you as you get a shallower insertion. I think it sound more balanced that way too. 

To put it in perspective this is how it looks with the tips put on normally and with them pushed lower on the nozzle.

Before

 

After

 

And on the other side:

Before

 

After

 

I use the same configuration for my Gr07 as I did have some issues with the comfort and the fit with it too. It's only a few mm difference but it made a big difference for me.


Edited by kova4a - 3/30/13 at 8:08am
post #126 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I use the one from sony mh1c - the best sounding with the Gr04FE IMO. My second choice will be the meelec M6's single flange tips. They both fit the Gr04's nozzles properly but can also be easily put on the entire nozzle, which I prefer for faster seal and no issues with them bothering you as you get a shallower insertion. I think it sound more balanced that way too. 

To put it in perspective this is how it looks with the tips put on normally and with them pushed lower on the nozzle.

I use the same configuration for my Gr07 as I did have some issues with the comfort and the fit with it too. It's only a few mm difference but it made a big difference for me.

Thank you

Can I purchase just the eartips of those earphones? because I don't own any of those earphones :(

btw I just realized the nozzle part of the earphone comes off all the way when I try take the eartip off

do you have this issue too? or is it just me?

post #127 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjyi View Post

Thank you

Can I purchase just the eartips of those earphones? because I don't own any of those earphones :(

btw I just realized the nozzle part of the earphone comes off all the way when I try take the eartip off

do you have this issue too? or is it just me?

Not the sony tips but you can get the meelec ones from their site. You mean the entire nozzle comes off? That's the first time I hear of such issues and definitely don't have it. You have to be applying quite the force to remove the tips. Can you post a picture?

post #128 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Not the sony tips but you can get the meelec ones from their site. You mean the entire nozzle comes off? That's the first time I hear of such issues and definitely don't have it. You have to be applying quite the force to remove the tips. Can you post a picture?

i should have taken the picture when that happened

i fixed that problem by pushing it in about the same level as the other side

i really don't want to take it out anymore at the moment because it took me some effort to make both sides even :(

and yeah it's hard to remove the tips on the iem especially the comply tips

i also realized i tried to push the earphones in too deep to the point where my ears start to hurt

i managed to get a good seal using the original eartips but i think i will try the meelec ones

 

UPDATE:

 

After ~ 40 hours of burn in i could hear the background instruments a lil more and sound more surrounded

recently, for the first time i encountered korean indie bands, and these iem nail those songs

they sound very good on this iem

so far i am very happy with this product


Edited by pjyi - 3/31/13 at 9:29pm
post #129 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjyi View Post

i should have taken the picture when that happened

i fixed that problem by pushing it in about the same level as the other side

i really don't want to take it out anymore at the moment because it took me some effort to make both sides even :(

and yeah it's hard to remove the tips on the iem especially the comply tips

i also realized i tried to push the earphones in too deep to the point where my ears start to hurt

i managed to get a good seal using the original eartips but i think i will try the meelec ones

 

UPDATE:

 

After ~ 40 hours of burn in i could hear the background instruments a lil more and sound more surrounded

recently, for the first time i encountered korean indie bands, and these iem nail those songs

they sound very good on this iem

so far i am very happy with this product

Glad you like it. As far as the nozzle it's nice that you were able to fix it. I still can't figure out how you were able to take off the entire nozzle and put it back in place though.

 

edit; I actually just tried pulling out the nozzles on my Gr04 just for fun and even though I applied way more force than I ever will while removing and tips the only thing I managed to do was to mess up the perfect way I had them positioned before


Edited by kova4a - 3/31/13 at 9:44pm
post #130 of 166

Sorry for double posting but I just saw the thread about the GR06 issue, so I had to ask - did you actually remove the nozzle or did you just move it around coz it might be a stupid question on my part but you do know that the rotating nozzles are a feature and not a problem, don't you?

post #131 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Sorry for double posting but I just saw the thread about the GR06 issue, so I had to ask - did you actually remove the nozzle or did you just move it around coz it might be a stupid question on my part but you do know that the rotating nozzles are a feature and not a problem, don't you?

oh haha i just edited that comment

it actually came out with the eartips lol and yeah i know rotating is a feature

i think i may have the bad pair but im only keeping them because they sound so good

if this problem happens again, i will probably going to return them because it is such a hassle

btw i wouldn't try to pull them out if i were you once you put it back, the earphones sound unbalanced left and right


Edited by pjyi - 3/31/13 at 10:19pm
post #132 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjyi View Post

oh haha i just edited that comment

it actually came out with the eartips lol and yeah i know rotating is a feature

i think i may have the bad pair but im only keeping them because they sound so good

if this problem happens again, i will probably going to return them because it is such a hassle

btw i wouldn't try to pull them out if i were you once you put it back, the earphones sound unbalanced left and right

Yeah, I know I shouldn't pull the nozzles out but I don't really listen to my Gr04 these days and keep it as a backup, so I just decided to mess with it but I just couldn't achieve your results. LOL Now seriously - first you say you won't send it back and then you mention that you get a channel imbalance? Or you somehow managed to tweak the nozzle to fix the imbalance?

post #133 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Yeah, I know I shouldn't pull the nozzles out but I don't really listen to my Gr04 these days and keep it as a backup, so I just decided to mess with it but I just couldn't achieve your results. LOL Now seriously - first you say you won't send it back and then you mention that you get a channel imbalance? Or you somehow managed to tweak the nozzle to fix the imbalance?

(sry my english isn't that great lol, this is my second language) when i accidently pulled out the nozzle (left side) and put it back in, the left side sounded louder (BTW, i only have a problem with a left side). I realized that not only it moves in rotational manner, but it also moves in and out. When i push it in all the way, it somehow sounds quieter and if i pull it out a lil, it sounds louder. by pushing it in and puling it out back and forth at least 20 times LOL i managed to fix the imbalance. The nozzle stays that way because it doesn't move very easily you have to put some force to it in order to move it in and out (i hope you understand what i mean by this lol. I am horrible at describing as my vocabs are very limited)

 

and like i said i only have a problem with left side. i tried it with right side, it wouldn't get pulled out


Edited by pjyi - 4/1/13 at 1:17am
post #134 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjyi View Post

and like i said i only have a problem with left side. i tried it with right side, it wouldn't get pulled out

So you actually cracked and tried to pull out the other nozzle even though you knew that if it came off you'll be wasting more time and efforts trying to fix it? LOL biggrin.gif

post #135 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

So you actually cracked and tried to pull out the other nozzle even though you knew that if it came off you'll be wasting more time and efforts trying to fix it? LOL biggrin.gif

 

that was before i realized it is hard to fix it LOL biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR04 Pro Flagship Review (yes that really is its name)