I don't know about the Copper, Gold, or Miles Davis Tribute, but the normal Turbines will likely not satisfy the bass needs of someone coming from S4.
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 questions... Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy new IEMS Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Other multiple driver universal IEMs Last post on 6/9/10 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap - Page 4post #46 of 619/18/11 at 3:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 619/18/11 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #48 of 619/18/11 at 3:58pm
If the W3 bass doesn't satisfy you, you'll need to stick to dynamics, I would imagine. It definitely had the most bass out of BA's that I have heard, though. Very visceral with good quantity. Plan on spending plenty of time trying different tips if you order them. :)post #49 of 619/18/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #50 of 619/19/11 at 5:05am
I have the W3, IE8 and Tribute. It's tough to pick my fave out of them, but for hip-hop the Tribute and IE8 have more of that reverberant bass while the W3 has quicker, punchier bass IMO.post #51 of 619/19/11 at 5:22ampost #52 of 619/20/11 at 5:47am
i am mostly listening to Hip Hop/Rap and the Coppers are excellent for this genre. The lows go really deep but are supertight and with lots of impact. the Golds i found to boomy which takes away from the overall accuracy and balance.
The Coppers have excellent treble with neither forward or recessed mids. For Hip Hop the Coppers are an absolute recommendation from my side. The MD Tributes are pretty close to the Coppers with more forward mids and a little boomier lows. Still very good and i think a little cheaper too....
The Coppers are currently 220$ on Amazon. Thats a really good price. If you need Control talk with it its 275$.
Best of luckpost #53 of 619/21/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #54 of 619/21/11 at 9:08pm
The JVC FAX1X.. $20 will throw down the bass like you won't believe.. Perfect for hip hop.. No one knows anything about them but they are astonishing for the price. Cheap enough to try out n see what you think.. They will surprise you.post #55 of 619/21/11 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #56 of 619/21/11 at 9:36pm
Is the IE8 from an authorized dealer? They should both be pretty good for it really. W3 has better isolation, better highs and clarity. The IE8 is still a great earphone. I would give the IE8 an edge in soundstage and durability. Both companies have good customer service if you buy authorized.post #57 of 619/21/11 at 9:39pm
Ya get one of the expensive ones these guys are suggesting. And then throw down $20 for one of these HAFX1X.. I haven't heard too many headphones or earphones that does bass quite like these JVCs. Anyone reading this that might be curious about them.
Heck I spent more for cheap street tacos the other day.. Try em out. You just might regret spending all your hard earned cash for less of bass on a earphone. Their called Xplodes for a reason. Absolute blast to listen to hip hop on these. The headphones suck but the earphones are special. Fun and warm sounding with nothing missing and add a copious amount of BASS and you get the JVC FAX1X.
I think all the ones the guys suggested are fine for your needs.. Though you will miss out on some atomic bass with these however. They will shake your eyeballs!! haha
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/21/11 at 9:42pmpost #58 of 619/21/11 at 9:44pmThread Starterpost #59 of 619/22/11 at 6:23ampost #60 of 619/22/11 at 10:22amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Comparisons: 34 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around just now
- › ManIpuR & AsaAm [+91-9672517737]=Love Marriage Problem Solution... 26 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 48 seconds ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 50 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › kala jadu ≼ 91+9829866507 ≽Love Vashikaran Specialist molvi ji USA... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LoVe % PrObLeM≼ 91+9829866507 ≽Love Vashikaran Specialist molvi ji... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear