I don't know about the Copper, Gold, or Miles Davis Tribute, but the normal Turbines will likely not satisfy the bass needs of someone coming from S4.
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 questions... Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy new IEMS Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Other multiple driver universal IEMs Last post on 6/9/10 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If the W3 bass doesn't satisfy you, you'll need to stick to dynamics, I would imagine. It definitely had the most bass out of BA's that I have heard, though. Very visceral with good quantity. Plan on spending plenty of time trying different tips if you order them. :)
I have the W3, IE8 and Tribute. It's tough to pick my fave out of them, but for hip-hop the Tribute and IE8 have more of that reverberant bass while the W3 has quicker, punchier bass IMO.
i am mostly listening to Hip Hop/Rap and the Coppers are excellent for this genre. The lows go really deep but are supertight and with lots of impact. the Golds i found to boomy which takes away from the overall accuracy and balance.
The Coppers have excellent treble with neither forward or recessed mids. For Hip Hop the Coppers are an absolute recommendation from my side. The MD Tributes are pretty close to the Coppers with more forward mids and a little boomier lows. Still very good and i think a little cheaper too....
The Coppers are currently 220$ on Amazon. Thats a really good price. If you need Control talk with it its 275$.
Best of luck
The JVC FAX1X.. $20 will throw down the bass like you won't believe.. Perfect for hip hop.. No one knows anything about them but they are astonishing for the price. Cheap enough to try out n see what you think.. They will surprise you.
Is the IE8 from an authorized dealer? They should both be pretty good for it really. W3 has better isolation, better highs and clarity. The IE8 is still a great earphone. I would give the IE8 an edge in soundstage and durability. Both companies have good customer service if you buy authorized.
Ya get one of the expensive ones these guys are suggesting. And then throw down $20 for one of these HAFX1X.. I haven't heard too many headphones or earphones that does bass quite like these JVCs. Anyone reading this that might be curious about them.
Heck I spent more for cheap street tacos the other day.. Try em out. You just might regret spending all your hard earned cash for less of bass on a earphone. Their called Xplodes for a reason. Absolute blast to listen to hip hop on these. The headphones suck but the earphones are special. Fun and warm sounding with nothing missing and add a copious amount of BASS and you get the JVC FAX1X.
I think all the ones the guys suggested are fine for your needs.. Though you will miss out on some atomic bass with these however. They will shake your eyeballs!! haha
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/21/11 at 9:42pm
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › sennheiser HD 558 9 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 22 seconds ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 24 seconds ago
- › First over the ear headphones 46 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 1 minute ago
- › New to this and need desktop speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1RBT 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob