I don't know about the Copper, Gold, or Miles Davis Tribute, but the normal Turbines will likely not satisfy the bass needs of someone coming from S4.
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 questions... Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy new IEMS Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Other multiple driver universal IEMs Last post on 6/9/10 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If the W3 bass doesn't satisfy you, you'll need to stick to dynamics, I would imagine. It definitely had the most bass out of BA's that I have heard, though. Very visceral with good quantity. Plan on spending plenty of time trying different tips if you order them. :)
I have the W3, IE8 and Tribute. It's tough to pick my fave out of them, but for hip-hop the Tribute and IE8 have more of that reverberant bass while the W3 has quicker, punchier bass IMO.
i am mostly listening to Hip Hop/Rap and the Coppers are excellent for this genre. The lows go really deep but are supertight and with lots of impact. the Golds i found to boomy which takes away from the overall accuracy and balance.
The Coppers have excellent treble with neither forward or recessed mids. For Hip Hop the Coppers are an absolute recommendation from my side. The MD Tributes are pretty close to the Coppers with more forward mids and a little boomier lows. Still very good and i think a little cheaper too....
The Coppers are currently 220$ on Amazon. Thats a really good price. If you need Control talk with it its 275$.
Best of luck
The JVC FAX1X.. $20 will throw down the bass like you won't believe.. Perfect for hip hop.. No one knows anything about them but they are astonishing for the price. Cheap enough to try out n see what you think.. They will surprise you.
Is the IE8 from an authorized dealer? They should both be pretty good for it really. W3 has better isolation, better highs and clarity. The IE8 is still a great earphone. I would give the IE8 an edge in soundstage and durability. Both companies have good customer service if you buy authorized.
Ya get one of the expensive ones these guys are suggesting. And then throw down $20 for one of these HAFX1X.. I haven't heard too many headphones or earphones that does bass quite like these JVCs. Anyone reading this that might be curious about them.
Heck I spent more for cheap street tacos the other day.. Try em out. You just might regret spending all your hard earned cash for less of bass on a earphone. Their called Xplodes for a reason. Absolute blast to listen to hip hop on these. The headphones suck but the earphones are special. Fun and warm sounding with nothing missing and add a copious amount of BASS and you get the JVC FAX1X.
I think all the ones the guys suggested are fine for your needs.. Though you will miss out on some atomic bass with these however. They will shake your eyeballs!! haha
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/21/11 at 9:42pm
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 11 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › W3 VERSUS W30 - - EXCITING NEWS! 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 8 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › AUDIO GD DSD Playback (for all supported models) 10 minutes ago
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2