I don't know about the Copper, Gold, or Miles Davis Tribute, but the normal Turbines will likely not satisfy the bass needs of someone coming from S4.
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/31/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/31/11
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/31/11
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica CK100 questions... Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy new IEMS Last post on 12/22/10 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Other multiple driver universal IEMs Last post on 6/9/10 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap - Page 4post #46 of 619/18/11 at 3:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 619/18/11 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #48 of 619/18/11 at 3:58pm
If the W3 bass doesn't satisfy you, you'll need to stick to dynamics, I would imagine. It definitely had the most bass out of BA's that I have heard, though. Very visceral with good quantity. Plan on spending plenty of time trying different tips if you order them. :)post #49 of 619/18/11 at 4:00pmThread Starterpost #50 of 619/19/11 at 5:05am
I have the W3, IE8 and Tribute. It's tough to pick my fave out of them, but for hip-hop the Tribute and IE8 have more of that reverberant bass while the W3 has quicker, punchier bass IMO.post #51 of 619/19/11 at 5:22ampost #52 of 619/20/11 at 5:47am
i am mostly listening to Hip Hop/Rap and the Coppers are excellent for this genre. The lows go really deep but are supertight and with lots of impact. the Golds i found to boomy which takes away from the overall accuracy and balance.
The Coppers have excellent treble with neither forward or recessed mids. For Hip Hop the Coppers are an absolute recommendation from my side. The MD Tributes are pretty close to the Coppers with more forward mids and a little boomier lows. Still very good and i think a little cheaper too....
The Coppers are currently 220$ on Amazon. Thats a really good price. If you need Control talk with it its 275$.
Best of luckpost #53 of 619/21/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #54 of 619/21/11 at 9:08pm
The JVC FAX1X.. $20 will throw down the bass like you won't believe.. Perfect for hip hop.. No one knows anything about them but they are astonishing for the price. Cheap enough to try out n see what you think.. They will surprise you.post #55 of 619/21/11 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #56 of 619/21/11 at 9:36pm
Is the IE8 from an authorized dealer? They should both be pretty good for it really. W3 has better isolation, better highs and clarity. The IE8 is still a great earphone. I would give the IE8 an edge in soundstage and durability. Both companies have good customer service if you buy authorized.post #57 of 619/21/11 at 9:39pm
Ya get one of the expensive ones these guys are suggesting. And then throw down $20 for one of these HAFX1X.. I haven't heard too many headphones or earphones that does bass quite like these JVCs. Anyone reading this that might be curious about them.
Heck I spent more for cheap street tacos the other day.. Try em out. You just might regret spending all your hard earned cash for less of bass on a earphone. Their called Xplodes for a reason. Absolute blast to listen to hip hop on these. The headphones suck but the earphones are special. Fun and warm sounding with nothing missing and add a copious amount of BASS and you get the JVC FAX1X.
I think all the ones the guys suggested are fine for your needs.. Though you will miss out on some atomic bass with these however. They will shake your eyeballs!! haha
Edited by Dsnuts - 9/21/11 at 9:42pmpost #58 of 619/21/11 at 9:44pmThread Starterpost #59 of 619/22/11 at 6:23ampost #60 of 619/22/11 at 10:22amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear