So this is my very first custom IEM. Not surprisingly, I have a bunch of questions in regards to ordering, impressions, shipping, etc.
Let me start off with offering some information I've found for the newbies like me.
1) Go to the following site for information on the different options available for the IEM as well as instructions for your audiologist when making your impressions.
Some questions I have:
1) How detailed can the custom artwork on the faceplate be?
2) On the info about shipping (Found in the instructions file for audiologists), it says pack it with an inner box (I assume that's just like a regular cardbox box), and then put an iron or steel box as the outer box. So we need two boxes with one being a metal box for the impressions???
Wow...is that what you're all doing? Where would I find a steel box for the impressions and wouldn't it weigh a crap load for that?
3) Recessed vs Flat sockets?
4) Any other special requests you're putting in? For example, I heard you can mold the canals longer and wider for better isolation (http://www.compudio.ca/2010/08/unique-melody-miracle-new-benchmark.html) or that you can actually tweak the frequency response curve adding or subtracting a few decibels. http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/headphones/unique-melody-miracle-945292/review
Apparently the frequency response curve for the miracle is very flat...anyone looking to tweak the curves?
Going back to the isolation...it seems the default is 25db of isolation...how much isolation is that? Is that enough? Should we take the option for even more isolation?
There's just way too many options for a custom IEM as compared to a universal where you just buy it and stick it in your ear. I'm getting so confused. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can provide some clarity or even better, post what options they're gonna choose.
Edited by fobboy - 9/8/11 at 2:06pm