Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review - Page 6

post #76 of 273

I think I found it!!! What these are rebrands of.. If true.. wow. These califones cost $157 on buy.com 221222196.jpg

 

 

They look exactly like these..350x700px-LL-29c3bbe6_83241.jpg$20.25 on monoprice.. Will get these soon.

post #77 of 273

They aren't the same

 

Small, very small details are different.

 

But a good compare would be nice

post #78 of 273

Ya I don't think they are the same. As those califones are noise cancelling. But it looks like the housing is the same..

post #79 of 273

I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a pair of Monoprice portables or other portables that cost 10x as much...

post #80 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post

I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get a pair of Monoprice portables or other portables that cost 10x as much...



If you get the hi fi Dj cans aka kickers. Monoprice has a 30 return if you don't like em. I say try em. You will be surprised with them.. $21..  $28 shipped.  They drive awesome on an mp3 by the way .

post #81 of 273

One prob i'm definitely having is with the shorter cheap cord the left phone is much louder and bassier than the right. I cant fully plug it in either or barely any noise comes out, i have to fiddle with it a bit then it works.

 

When i use the longer thicker cord, the right phone is slightly louder than the left. Weak! You think it has to do with the headphone or the cords? If i have to return these things for a replacement they better not charge me shipping..

post #82 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlife View Post

One prob i'm definitely having is with the shorter cheap cord the left phone is much louder and bassier than the right. I cant fully plug it in either or barely any noise comes out, i have to fiddle with it a bit then it works.

 

When i use the longer thicker cord, the right phone is slightly louder than the left. Weak! You think it has to do with the headphone or the cords? If i have to return these things for a replacement they better not charge me shipping..


Return those asap.. Get a new one..

 

post #83 of 273

Well I can safely say the 2 other monoprice phones are representative of their price. 350x700px-LL-49a2cabd_350x700px-LL-29c3bbe6_83241.jpgThese aren't terrible but the all cheap plastic and equally plastic sounds make you want to run not walk to the restroom to relieve of yourself of the dirtiness you just heard.

83251.jpgThe only thing Hi Fi about these is the open grills on the outside of the cups.. Nothing exudes hi fi like open grills.. Unfortunately the sounds on these are worse than the other one.. They sound eerily similar to the ihip NFL headphones.. Decidedly lo fi. You do get a plastic cap for your 3.5 adapter and a volume knob.  Give these to your worst nephew on their birthday and they will just smile that everything sounds so flat and mono like. Who needs stereo when you look this cool in all white with open grills. !

post #84 of 273

So, what about those "noise-cancelling" ones they carry?

post #85 of 273

Ya I will get those once they restock them to try out. Looks like October is when they will get those in. Don't have too much hopes on those but they could be a surprise.

post #86 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

83251.jpg

 

Nothing exudes hi fi like open grills.

 

$10 for an open grill with single entry cable, I think my KSC75 will make these its mate, if you understand my meaning.
 

 

post #87 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkumaural View Post



 

$10 for an open grill with single entry cable, I think my KSC75 will make these its mate, if you understand my meaning.
 

 



I like your thinking. Too bad they are white and have an inline volume control. Even the volume control isn't a deal breaker but the white is just so ugly.

 

I really should get another pair of KSC 75's to mess around with, but I'm not sure what I'd do with two pairs...

post #88 of 273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlife View Post

One prob i'm definitely having is with the shorter cheap cord the left phone is much louder and bassier than the right. I cant fully plug it in either or barely any noise comes out, i have to fiddle with it a bit then it works.

 

When i use the longer thicker cord, the right phone is slightly louder than the left. Weak! You think it has to do with the headphone or the cords? If i have to return these things for a replacement they better not charge me shipping..

I had that problem with the shorter cable, I just switched the sides around and it seemed to fix the problem. Bass doesn't sound heavier on the left side for me since I did that.

I ordered some mogami cables and plan on making a 50" cable with Rean plugs to see if sound quality will change compared to the stock cables the MP Hi-Fi cables that came with the cans.
 

 

post #89 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post



I had that problem with the shorter cable, I just switched the sides around and it seemed to fix the problem. Bass doesn't sound heavier on the left side for me since I did that.

I ordered some mogami cables and plan on making a 50" cable with Rean plugs to see if sound quality will change compared to the stock cables the MP Hi-Fi cables that came with the cans.
 

 

 

Probably won't be a huge difference at all. The reason I think this is that there is still the internal wires going from the plug to the driver. I'd suggest driving a hole and making them dual entry if you can.
 

 

post #90 of 273

Is it possible to replace the pads for this pair of headphones?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review