Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review - Page 4

post #46 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post


Uh, you just stole an episode from Mythbusters... biggrin.gif

 

Would love to read that comparison.


+1

 

I might just order them even without waiting for that comparison!

Must have some funds in paypal... lol :-p

 

post #47 of 273
Thread Starter 
I re-wrote the information on the highs as I let them burn in for another 20 hours give or take via pink noise. The highs came out a little more from burning in the headphones a tad longer but I really don't feel like they're going to get any better regardless of how long I burn them in.
Edited by EpicPie - 8/30/11 at 9:09am
post #48 of 273

Just placed an order with Monoprice yesterday and it was hard to not put these in the basket with them. Next time I order for sure.

post #49 of 273
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexidecimal View Post

Just placed an order with Monoprice yesterday and it was hard to not put these in the basket with them. Next time I order for sure.


Your sentence made no sense.
post #50 of 273

It's fine.  Hex is buying other stuff, almost got these headphones, decided against it, perhaps until a later date. True?

post #51 of 273

Hey guys. Check this out. I know this thread is in regarding the Monoprice/ kickers..

 

I just discovered these. What think you guys. .815473.jpgSonys new XB41EX $60

 

63431.jpgMonoprice Bass enhanced earphones..$5.19??WTF?? can these be the same?? I hope so. I just bought a craptacular amount of phones from monoprice including these. I am more than intrigued by this company and their headphones.. I am getting both of these earphones so I will report later.

 

Another observation. It seems all their headphones have the 20hz-20khz.. One spec meets all description on all their phones. If these are indeed the same as the Sony XB41.. This spec is completely off.


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/30/11 at 10:25am
post #52 of 273
Thread Starter 
Those IEM's don't look the same, imo.
post #53 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

Those IEM's don't look the same, imo.


Well yes they do. The plastic housing looks different.. But there is only one brand that have the saucer housing like you see in these.. It is SONY.. They both have 13.5mm drivers.. Sony again is the only company that I have seen that uses 13.5mm drivers in their earphones.  This leads me to believe these much like the Hi fi Djs to the kicker. Might be the same as the XB41ex.

 

anyways.. I will let you guys know as I have both on order. It will be interesting to see if they are indeed the same. Just a very interesting observation. Back on topic.


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/30/11 at 12:12pm
post #54 of 273

Yep.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkumaural View Post

It's fine.  Hex is buying other stuff, almost got these headphones, decided against it, perhaps until a later date. True?



 

post #55 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Hey guys. Check this out. I know this thread is in regarding the Monoprice/ kickers..

 

I just discovered these. What think you guys. .815473.jpgSonys new XB41EX $60

 

63431.jpgMonoprice Bass enhanced earphones..$5.19??WTF?? can these be the same?? I hope so. I just bought a craptacular amount of phones from monoprice including these. I am more than intrigued by this company and their headphones.. I am getting both of these earphones so I will report later.

 

Another observation. It seems all their headphones have the 20hz-20khz.. One spec meets all description on all their phones. If these are indeed the same as the Sony XB41.. This spec is completely off.


Look exactly like the Maike MK EL5031 that clieos reviewed. which is comonly $6 on ebay. Comn on guys, not every thing in monoprice is gonna be a super earphone deal.

post #56 of 273
Thread Starter 
Another one of their DJ styled headphones is on sale, Specs seem the same but they're different in looks and don't have a detachable cable, im sure sound quality is much different.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8324&seq=1&format=2
700
post #57 of 273

You know what to do.

post #58 of 273

I just noticed that the vector design and the black box is very similar to the packaging of FiiO products, particularly the FiiO E9.

 

I wonder if they were manufactured at the same factory in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province.

post #59 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

Another one of their DJ styled headphones is on sale, Specs seem the same but they're different in looks and don't have a detachable cable, im sure sound quality is much different.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8324&seq=1&format=2
700


Will let you guys know how these sound. I ordered this with about 4 others. Including those earphones. I was looking at headphones all day yesterday. To see if I can spot one that looks like those. The closest I came up with are these. 31uevTlaA1L._SL500_AA300_.jpgAm I asking for too much? $20 ultrasones? lol!!

 


Edited by Dsnuts - 8/31/11 at 4:38pm
post #60 of 273
Thread Starter 
Which cans are those you posted?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review