I'm new to high quality headphones, actually im gonna buy my first pair, so wich would be better: SKDY aviators or akg k99?? and please tell why. thank you all.
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help in choosing Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to find a good starter headphone! Last post on 1/14/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99post #1 of 118/28/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 118/28/11 at 9:46pmpost #3 of 118/28/11 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 118/28/11 at 10:31pmQuote:
Grado would be best for your Genres. They run without a amp very well and Rock and instrumental rock through them cannot be beat.
They are open, but don't take the leakage and isolation stuff seriously. Unless where you are going to listen in at is horridly loud, then you might want to look up other headphones.
Koss DJ100's with MDR-V6 pads and a FiiO E11
Grado sound, they do need a amp, but the E11 will work great and the MDR-V6 pads increase comfort and bass.
Popular starter headphone. Needs no amp and will give you some bass. Might not be best choice for your genres though.
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.
Also, check the Deals thread in this forum, the Fullsized for any deals.
Stay away from:
Denon, ultrasone and Sennheiser for your Genres. They wouldn't fare too well with your musicpost #5 of 118/28/11 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 118/28/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
What? Your mistaken. My Shure SRH840 sounds nothing like my Alessandro/Grado MS1.post #7 of 118/28/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Aviators are said to be good sounding. But I found them horrid for the price and the build is tacky.
The 840's are better then the 440's and you should go as high as you can.
Shure are bight, so highs and mids are there while the bass is more hidden (but you hear it well enough and it still has impact)post #8 of 118/29/11 at 11:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 118/30/11 at 12:16amQuote:
They will cover you for a good low price.
Very best,post #10 of 111/4/12 at 1:56pmThread Starter
I know this was several months ago but I'm gonna buy new headphones. So, between koss's dj100 with v6's pads and shure srh440, both trough a CmoyBB and LOD...which are pros and cons for each one?? I mean like: koss's mid range is better than srh440...that kinda stuff. Thanx.post #11 of 111/4/12 at 2:21pm
I never used the DJ 100s with V6 pads, just ATH M50 pads, but I found the bass on the DJ 100s to be kind of muddy, and it didn't help the rest of the spectrum. On the other hand, the 440s were bright and punchy. I found the 440s to be uncomfortable, so I sold them, but if you find them comfortable, I'd recommend the 440s.
- URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 12 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 15 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 16 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear