I'm new to high quality headphones, actually im gonna buy my first pair, so wich would be better: SKDY aviators or akg k99?? and please tell why. thank you all.
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help in choosing Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to find a good starter headphone! Last post on 1/14/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99post #1 of 118/28/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 118/28/11 at 9:46pmpost #3 of 118/28/11 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 118/28/11 at 10:31pmQuote:
Grado would be best for your Genres. They run without a amp very well and Rock and instrumental rock through them cannot be beat.
They are open, but don't take the leakage and isolation stuff seriously. Unless where you are going to listen in at is horridly loud, then you might want to look up other headphones.
Koss DJ100's with MDR-V6 pads and a FiiO E11
Grado sound, they do need a amp, but the E11 will work great and the MDR-V6 pads increase comfort and bass.
Popular starter headphone. Needs no amp and will give you some bass. Might not be best choice for your genres though.
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.
Also, check the Deals thread in this forum, the Fullsized for any deals.
Stay away from:
Denon, ultrasone and Sennheiser for your Genres. They wouldn't fare too well with your musicpost #5 of 118/28/11 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 118/28/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
What? Your mistaken. My Shure SRH840 sounds nothing like my Alessandro/Grado MS1.post #7 of 118/28/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Aviators are said to be good sounding. But I found them horrid for the price and the build is tacky.
The 840's are better then the 440's and you should go as high as you can.
Shure are bight, so highs and mids are there while the bass is more hidden (but you hear it well enough and it still has impact)post #8 of 118/29/11 at 11:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 118/30/11 at 12:16amQuote:
They will cover you for a good low price.
Very best,post #10 of 111/4/12 at 1:56pmThread Starter
I know this was several months ago but I'm gonna buy new headphones. So, between koss's dj100 with v6's pads and shure srh440, both trough a CmoyBB and LOD...which are pros and cons for each one?? I mean like: koss's mid range is better than srh440...that kinda stuff. Thanx.post #11 of 111/4/12 at 2:21pm
I never used the DJ 100s with V6 pads, just ATH M50 pads, but I found the bass on the DJ 100s to be kind of muddy, and it didn't help the rest of the spectrum. On the other hand, the 440s were bright and punchy. I found the 440s to be uncomfortable, so I sold them, but if you find them comfortable, I'd recommend the 440s.
- URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Need help with Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Headset and PS4 Setup 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Headphone stand for HD650s? 7 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2