I'm new to high quality headphones, actually im gonna buy my first pair, so wich would be better: SKDY aviators or akg k99?? and please tell why. thank you all.
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help in choosing Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to find a good starter headphone! Last post on 1/14/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99post #1 of 118/28/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 118/28/11 at 9:46pmpost #3 of 118/28/11 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 118/28/11 at 10:31pmQuote:
Grado would be best for your Genres. They run without a amp very well and Rock and instrumental rock through them cannot be beat.
They are open, but don't take the leakage and isolation stuff seriously. Unless where you are going to listen in at is horridly loud, then you might want to look up other headphones.
Koss DJ100's with MDR-V6 pads and a FiiO E11
Grado sound, they do need a amp, but the E11 will work great and the MDR-V6 pads increase comfort and bass.
Popular starter headphone. Needs no amp and will give you some bass. Might not be best choice for your genres though.
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.
Also, check the Deals thread in this forum, the Fullsized for any deals.
Stay away from:
Denon, ultrasone and Sennheiser for your Genres. They wouldn't fare too well with your musicpost #5 of 118/28/11 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 118/28/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
What? Your mistaken. My Shure SRH840 sounds nothing like my Alessandro/Grado MS1.post #7 of 118/28/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Aviators are said to be good sounding. But I found them horrid for the price and the build is tacky.
The 840's are better then the 440's and you should go as high as you can.
Shure are bight, so highs and mids are there while the bass is more hidden (but you hear it well enough and it still has impact)post #8 of 118/29/11 at 11:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 118/30/11 at 12:16amQuote:
They will cover you for a good low price.
Very best,post #10 of 111/4/12 at 1:56pmThread Starter
I know this was several months ago but I'm gonna buy new headphones. So, between koss's dj100 with v6's pads and shure srh440, both trough a CmoyBB and LOD...which are pros and cons for each one?? I mean like: koss's mid range is better than srh440...that kinda stuff. Thanx.post #11 of 111/4/12 at 2:21pm
I never used the DJ 100s with V6 pads, just ATH M50 pads, but I found the bass on the DJ 100s to be kind of muddy, and it didn't help the rest of the spectrum. On the other hand, the 440s were bright and punchy. I found the 440s to be uncomfortable, so I sold them, but if you find them comfortable, I'd recommend the 440s.
- URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 26 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 50 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Electrostatics and having a lot of electricity around your head. 1 minute ago
- › Great song and video about Chinese food 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)