I'm new to high quality headphones, actually im gonna buy my first pair, so wich would be better: SKDY aviators or akg k99?? and please tell why. thank you all.
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help in choosing Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to find a good starter headphone! Last post on 1/14/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99post #1 of 118/28/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 118/28/11 at 9:46pmpost #3 of 118/28/11 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 118/28/11 at 10:31pmQuote:
Grado would be best for your Genres. They run without a amp very well and Rock and instrumental rock through them cannot be beat.
They are open, but don't take the leakage and isolation stuff seriously. Unless where you are going to listen in at is horridly loud, then you might want to look up other headphones.
Koss DJ100's with MDR-V6 pads and a FiiO E11
Grado sound, they do need a amp, but the E11 will work great and the MDR-V6 pads increase comfort and bass.
Popular starter headphone. Needs no amp and will give you some bass. Might not be best choice for your genres though.
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.
Also, check the Deals thread in this forum, the Fullsized for any deals.
Stay away from:
Denon, ultrasone and Sennheiser for your Genres. They wouldn't fare too well with your musicpost #5 of 118/28/11 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 118/28/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
What? Your mistaken. My Shure SRH840 sounds nothing like my Alessandro/Grado MS1.post #7 of 118/28/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Aviators are said to be good sounding. But I found them horrid for the price and the build is tacky.
The 840's are better then the 440's and you should go as high as you can.
Shure are bight, so highs and mids are there while the bass is more hidden (but you hear it well enough and it still has impact)post #8 of 118/29/11 at 11:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 118/30/11 at 12:16amQuote:
They will cover you for a good low price.
Very best,post #10 of 111/4/12 at 1:56pmThread Starter
I know this was several months ago but I'm gonna buy new headphones. So, between koss's dj100 with v6's pads and shure srh440, both trough a CmoyBB and LOD...which are pros and cons for each one?? I mean like: koss's mid range is better than srh440...that kinda stuff. Thanx.post #11 of 111/4/12 at 2:21pm
I never used the DJ 100s with V6 pads, just ATH M50 pads, but I found the bass on the DJ 100s to be kind of muddy, and it didn't help the rest of the spectrum. On the other hand, the 440s were bright and punchy. I found the 440s to be uncomfortable, so I sold them, but if you find them comfortable, I'd recommend the 440s.
- URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 10 seconds ago
- › Destiny 18 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Westerville Fall meet. 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › K240, DAC/AMP, TV output... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)