I'm new to high quality headphones, actually im gonna buy my first pair, so wich would be better: SKDY aviators or akg k99?? and please tell why. thank you all.
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 8/29/11
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by System, 8/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which noise-isolating headphone ($150-200)? Last post on 5/17/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help in choosing Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to find a good starter headphone! Last post on 1/14/12 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose a headphone. Last post on 10/24/11 at 2:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99post #1 of 118/28/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 118/28/11 at 9:46pmpost #3 of 118/28/11 at 10:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 118/28/11 at 10:31pmQuote:
Grado would be best for your Genres. They run without a amp very well and Rock and instrumental rock through them cannot be beat.
They are open, but don't take the leakage and isolation stuff seriously. Unless where you are going to listen in at is horridly loud, then you might want to look up other headphones.
Koss DJ100's with MDR-V6 pads and a FiiO E11
Grado sound, they do need a amp, but the E11 will work great and the MDR-V6 pads increase comfort and bass.
Popular starter headphone. Needs no amp and will give you some bass. Might not be best choice for your genres though.
Grado like sound, don't need amp. Probably best if you want closed. Look around for a bit to find them for under $150.
Also, check the Deals thread in this forum, the Fullsized for any deals.
Stay away from:
Denon, ultrasone and Sennheiser for your Genres. They wouldn't fare too well with your musicpost #5 of 118/28/11 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 118/28/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
What? Your mistaken. My Shure SRH840 sounds nothing like my Alessandro/Grado MS1.post #7 of 118/28/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
Aviators are said to be good sounding. But I found them horrid for the price and the build is tacky.
The 840's are better then the 440's and you should go as high as you can.
Shure are bight, so highs and mids are there while the bass is more hidden (but you hear it well enough and it still has impact)post #8 of 118/29/11 at 11:33pmThread Starterpost #9 of 118/30/11 at 12:16amQuote:
They will cover you for a good low price.
Very best,post #10 of 111/4/12 at 1:56pmThread Starter
I know this was several months ago but I'm gonna buy new headphones. So, between koss's dj100 with v6's pads and shure srh440, both trough a CmoyBB and LOD...which are pros and cons for each one?? I mean like: koss's mid range is better than srh440...that kinda stuff. Thanx.post #11 of 111/4/12 at 2:21pm
I never used the DJ 100s with V6 pads, just ATH M50 pads, but I found the bass on the DJ 100s to be kind of muddy, and it didn't help the rest of the spectrum. On the other hand, the 440s were bright and punchy. I found the 440s to be uncomfortable, so I sold them, but if you find them comfortable, I'd recommend the 440s.
- URGENT: SKDY Aviators or AKG k99
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 3 seconds ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 14 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 17 seconds ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 48 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 48 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › $90 in-ear phones. 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)