Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT 770

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hi.

 

What's your experience with Beyer Dynamic DT 770?

 

250 ohms vs 80 ohms,

 

 

 

Thanks.

 

post #2 of 7

Research what Ohm is here on headfi

 

btw: Get the 32ohm version if you don't already have a amp and get the premium because it's a update over the pro

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewieg View Post
Hi.

What's your experience with Beyer Dynamic DT 770?

250 ohms vs 80 ohms,

Thanks.

I own both and like them very much.

the 80-Ohms are bassy, in a nice way.

The 250-Ohms are very nice, in a balanced way, makes the sound very "clear".

If you do not have a good headphone amplifier that works well with 250-Ohm,

then get the 80-Ohms.
 

 

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post



I own both and like them very much.

the 80-Ohms are bassy, in a nice way.

The 250-Ohms are very nice, in a balanced way, makes the sound very "clear".

If you do not have a good headphone amplifier that works well with 250-Ohm,

then get the 80-Ohms.
 

 



Your amp is weird

 

I've had the entire Dt770 line up in my hands a few months back and to my modded receiver, they sounded all the same to me. The 250/600 had a slight (very slight) clearer detailing. But nothing major.

 

Maybe your amp pushed more power to deliver the bass because they are bassy closed headphones

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotByte View Post

Your amp is weird

 

I've had the entire Dt770 line up in my hands a few months back and to my modded receiver, they sounded all the same to me. The 250/600 had a slight (very slight) clearer detailing. But nothing major.

 

Maybe your amp pushed more power to deliver the bass because they are bassy closed headphones

Tell you what, I'll retest my two Beyerdynmics, with my three different sources, Essence STX, 6922EH single tube amp. and Onkyo receiver.
 

 

post #6 of 7

i dunno.

i think all 3 premium versions are very similar

but hte 80 ohm 770s are a bit different in my experience.

the 32 ohm 770 and 80 ohm sound quite a bit different.  there more like cousins then siblings i think

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrbington View Post

i dunno.

i think all 3 premium versions are very similar

but hte 80 ohm 770s are a bit different in my experience.

the 32 ohm 770 and 80 ohm sound quite a bit different.  there more like cousins then siblings i think



Hmm... I need to go borrow them again.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT 770