Sometimes when I put my headphones down on a piece of paper for longer than 10 minutes, I come back and find what looks like grease where the leather part of the headphones was resting on the paper. This phenomenon is exacerbated by placing the headphones on wax paper. Strangely enough, when i touch the headphones themselves they are not greasy and do not smell weird. Is this what they call "synthetic grease"? And if so, how do I get rid of it?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
Weird grease like material?post #1 of 98/28/11 at 1:21pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 98/28/11 at 1:23pmpost #3 of 98/28/11 at 1:47pmpost #4 of 98/28/11 at 1:53pmpost #5 of 98/28/11 at 5:33pmpost #6 of 98/28/11 at 7:24pmpost #7 of 98/28/11 at 8:54pmpost #8 of 912/19/11 at 9:02am
- Weird grease like material?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3459 Active Users (649 Members and 2810 Guests)
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 6 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 29 seconds ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 39 seconds ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 40 seconds ago
- › Sub-100 euro in-ear headphones 49 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFIMan HE-500 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)