Sometimes when I put my headphones down on a piece of paper for longer than 10 minutes, I come back and find what looks like grease where the leather part of the headphones was resting on the paper. This phenomenon is exacerbated by placing the headphones on wax paper. Strangely enough, when i touch the headphones themselves they are not greasy and do not smell weird. Is this what they call "synthetic grease"? And if so, how do I get rid of it?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Weird grease like material?post #1 of 98/28/11 at 1:21pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 98/28/11 at 1:23pmpost #3 of 98/28/11 at 1:47pmpost #4 of 98/28/11 at 1:53pmpost #5 of 98/28/11 at 5:33pmpost #6 of 98/28/11 at 7:24pmpost #7 of 98/28/11 at 8:54pmpost #8 of 912/19/11 at 9:02am
- Weird grease like material?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3689 Active Users (625 Members and 3064 Guests)
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 29 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH AD2000 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Which Shure in ears? 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)