- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900 - Blacktagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/5/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So my Ultrasone PRO 550's came today... (First Impressions Mini-Review) Last post on 9/30/11 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI ear cups size smaller than the pro900? Last post on 9/10/11 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do ultrasones compare to the big names? Last post on 9/7/11 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 126
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1877 of 20423/24/13 at 2:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Finally got rid of that "Spring Steel" cord on my HFI-780's and that was the only issue I've ever had with their design. You just could not get the bends out of that cable. After removing that cable I can now see the reason, I don't know what the inner sheath on the wires is made of, but it is it the most non flexible plastic I have ever seen.
3.5mm jack, repurposed from a headphone extension cable and fitted to the old cable hole. Very little modification has to be done.
Great work Dragon..Looks awesome...post #1878 of 20423/24/13 at 4:48pmpost #1879 of 20423/25/13 at 8:30ampost #1880 of 20423/25/13 at 9:16am
Some of the TRS plugs I have are repurposed from other cables and their shells were injection molded plastic, so I fashion wooden shells for them from dowel.
Edited by TrollDragon - 3/25/13 at 9:19ampost #1881 of 20423/25/13 at 9:33ampost #1882 of 20423/27/13 at 2:28pmThread Starter
Chores, chores, chores around the house...A little PRO2500 & Clip Zip love. Using the 2.7 ft. short Ultrasone cable and it is the perfect size for clipping (pun intended..lol) the Zip to the waistband.
Good times!!!post #1883 of 20423/27/13 at 4:54pmChores here as well... Sweep and mop the building floors, new owners coming by in the morning.
The HA-S500's have arrived so the poor 780's unfortunately won't see any love for a while... JVC love has a pull on me right now...
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #1884 of 20423/27/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
I do the same thing with my HFI-780s. Works great . . . well, until I bend a certain way and the headphone cable pulls the clip loose. It doesn't have any weight to anchor it. LOLpost #1885 of 20423/31/13 at 5:38pm
Sent my Pro 2900's to Ultrasone in California to repair the left driver which "blew".
Repaired under warranty. I'm guessing the driver was factory defective.
They recommended allowing up to 40 hours burn in. I think that's about right.
Burning in at hour 60 right now.
Really sounding sweet!
Lost the majority of the muddy bass that was apparent upon first listening to the repaired cans.
Listening to and enjoying internet radio station. www.antennechillout.rad.iopost #1886 of 20423/31/13 at 6:02pmpost #1887 of 20423/31/13 at 9:20pmpost #1888 of 20424/2/13 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #1889 of 20424/2/13 at 3:59pmpost #1890 of 20424/2/13 at 4:23pmQuote:
Thanks Guys, only we understand that there is just something about 'Sone lovin!Quote:
The phone cam hides the scratches well... unfortunately those cups scratch if you glance at them the wrong way.
I got really tired of how the bends would not come out of the stock cable, so I added a 3.5mm jack where the cable used to be.
On some my DIY's the TRS plugs are repurposed from other cables, since their shells were injection molded plastic, I fashion new wooden shells for them from dowel.
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Best hI-fi system for under £200? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Do you think audiophiles have a much deeper appreciation of music... 3 minutes ago
- › Digizoid ZO3 Specs 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi