- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 7/25/14 at 10:35pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 126
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1877 of 20633/24/13 at 2:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Finally got rid of that "Spring Steel" cord on my HFI-780's and that was the only issue I've ever had with their design. You just could not get the bends out of that cable. After removing that cable I can now see the reason, I don't know what the inner sheath on the wires is made of, but it is it the most non flexible plastic I have ever seen.
3.5mm jack, repurposed from a headphone extension cable and fitted to the old cable hole. Very little modification has to be done.
Great work Dragon..Looks awesome...post #1878 of 20633/24/13 at 4:48pmpost #1879 of 20633/25/13 at 8:30ampost #1880 of 20633/25/13 at 9:16am
Some of the TRS plugs I have are repurposed from other cables and their shells were injection molded plastic, so I fashion wooden shells for them from dowel.
Edited by TrollDragon - 3/25/13 at 9:19ampost #1881 of 20633/25/13 at 9:33ampost #1882 of 20633/27/13 at 2:28pmThread Starter
Chores, chores, chores around the house...A little PRO2500 & Clip Zip love. Using the 2.7 ft. short Ultrasone cable and it is the perfect size for clipping (pun intended..lol) the Zip to the waistband.
Good times!!!post #1883 of 20633/27/13 at 4:54pmChores here as well... Sweep and mop the building floors, new owners coming by in the morning.
The HA-S500's have arrived so the poor 780's unfortunately won't see any love for a while... JVC love has a pull on me right now...
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #1884 of 20633/27/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
I do the same thing with my HFI-780s. Works great . . . well, until I bend a certain way and the headphone cable pulls the clip loose. It doesn't have any weight to anchor it. LOLpost #1885 of 20633/31/13 at 5:38pm
Sent my Pro 2900's to Ultrasone in California to repair the left driver which "blew".
Repaired under warranty. I'm guessing the driver was factory defective.
They recommended allowing up to 40 hours burn in. I think that's about right.
Burning in at hour 60 right now.
Really sounding sweet!
Lost the majority of the muddy bass that was apparent upon first listening to the repaired cans.
Listening to and enjoying internet radio station. www.antennechillout.rad.iopost #1886 of 20633/31/13 at 6:02pmpost #1887 of 20633/31/13 at 9:20pmpost #1888 of 20634/2/13 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #1889 of 20634/2/13 at 3:59pmpost #1890 of 20634/2/13 at 4:23pmQuote:
Thanks Guys, only we understand that there is just something about 'Sone lovin!Quote:
The phone cam hides the scratches well... unfortunately those cups scratch if you glance at them the wrong way.
I got really tired of how the bends would not come out of the stock cable, so I added a 3.5mm jack where the cable used to be.
On some my DIY's the TRS plugs are repurposed from other cables, since their shells were injection molded plastic, I fashion new wooden shells for them from dowel.
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Netflix device for my wife... 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 4 pin xlr for unbalanced operation? Questions for planned DT770 mod 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)