- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [SOLD] FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Arcam of Cambridge for including me in the UK tour in exchange for my honest opinion.IntroductionThe more I look at the audio industry, the more amazed I am at the number of...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 126
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1877 of 21603/24/13 at 2:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Finally got rid of that "Spring Steel" cord on my HFI-780's and that was the only issue I've ever had with their design. You just could not get the bends out of that cable. After removing that cable I can now see the reason, I don't know what the inner sheath on the wires is made of, but it is it the most non flexible plastic I have ever seen.
3.5mm jack, repurposed from a headphone extension cable and fitted to the old cable hole. Very little modification has to be done.
Great work Dragon..Looks awesome...post #1878 of 21603/24/13 at 4:48pmpost #1879 of 21603/25/13 at 8:30ampost #1880 of 21603/25/13 at 9:16am
Some of the TRS plugs I have are repurposed from other cables and their shells were injection molded plastic, so I fashion wooden shells for them from dowel.
Edited by TrollDragon - 3/25/13 at 9:19ampost #1881 of 21603/25/13 at 9:33ampost #1882 of 21603/27/13 at 2:28pmThread Starter
Chores, chores, chores around the house...A little PRO2500 & Clip Zip love. Using the 2.7 ft. short Ultrasone cable and it is the perfect size for clipping (pun intended..lol) the Zip to the waistband.
Good times!!!post #1883 of 21603/27/13 at 4:54pmChores here as well... Sweep and mop the building floors, new owners coming by in the morning.
The HA-S500's have arrived so the poor 780's unfortunately won't see any love for a while... JVC love has a pull on me right now...
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #1884 of 21603/27/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
I do the same thing with my HFI-780s. Works great . . . well, until I bend a certain way and the headphone cable pulls the clip loose. It doesn't have any weight to anchor it. LOLpost #1885 of 21603/31/13 at 5:38pm
Sent my Pro 2900's to Ultrasone in California to repair the left driver which "blew".
Repaired under warranty. I'm guessing the driver was factory defective.
They recommended allowing up to 40 hours burn in. I think that's about right.
Burning in at hour 60 right now.
Really sounding sweet!
Lost the majority of the muddy bass that was apparent upon first listening to the repaired cans.
Listening to and enjoying internet radio station. www.antennechillout.rad.iopost #1886 of 21603/31/13 at 6:02pmpost #1887 of 21603/31/13 at 9:20pmpost #1888 of 21604/2/13 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #1889 of 21604/2/13 at 3:59pmpost #1890 of 21604/2/13 at 4:23pmQuote:
Thanks Guys, only we understand that there is just something about 'Sone lovin!Quote:
The phone cam hides the scratches well... unfortunately those cups scratch if you glance at them the wrong way.
I got really tired of how the bends would not come out of the stock cable, so I added a 3.5mm jack where the cable used to be.
On some my DIY's the TRS plugs are repurposed from other cables, since their shells were injection molded plastic, I fashion new wooden shells for them from dowel.
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sports jackets was for sports 8 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...