- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [SOLD] FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 126
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1877 of 20663/24/13 at 2:16pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Finally got rid of that "Spring Steel" cord on my HFI-780's and that was the only issue I've ever had with their design. You just could not get the bends out of that cable. After removing that cable I can now see the reason, I don't know what the inner sheath on the wires is made of, but it is it the most non flexible plastic I have ever seen.
3.5mm jack, repurposed from a headphone extension cable and fitted to the old cable hole. Very little modification has to be done.
Great work Dragon..Looks awesome...post #1878 of 20663/24/13 at 4:48pmpost #1879 of 20663/25/13 at 8:30ampost #1880 of 20663/25/13 at 9:16am
Some of the TRS plugs I have are repurposed from other cables and their shells were injection molded plastic, so I fashion wooden shells for them from dowel.
Edited by TrollDragon - 3/25/13 at 9:19ampost #1881 of 20663/25/13 at 9:33ampost #1882 of 20663/27/13 at 2:28pmThread Starter
Chores, chores, chores around the house...A little PRO2500 & Clip Zip love. Using the 2.7 ft. short Ultrasone cable and it is the perfect size for clipping (pun intended..lol) the Zip to the waistband.
Good times!!!post #1883 of 20663/27/13 at 4:54pmChores here as well... Sweep and mop the building floors, new owners coming by in the morning.
The HA-S500's have arrived so the poor 780's unfortunately won't see any love for a while... JVC love has a pull on me right now...
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #1884 of 20663/27/13 at 6:46pmQuote:
I do the same thing with my HFI-780s. Works great . . . well, until I bend a certain way and the headphone cable pulls the clip loose. It doesn't have any weight to anchor it. LOLpost #1885 of 20663/31/13 at 5:38pm
Sent my Pro 2900's to Ultrasone in California to repair the left driver which "blew".
Repaired under warranty. I'm guessing the driver was factory defective.
They recommended allowing up to 40 hours burn in. I think that's about right.
Burning in at hour 60 right now.
Really sounding sweet!
Lost the majority of the muddy bass that was apparent upon first listening to the repaired cans.
Listening to and enjoying internet radio station. www.antennechillout.rad.iopost #1886 of 20663/31/13 at 6:02pmpost #1887 of 20663/31/13 at 9:20pmpost #1888 of 20664/2/13 at 1:40pmThread Starterpost #1889 of 20664/2/13 at 3:59pmpost #1890 of 20664/2/13 at 4:23pmQuote:
Thanks Guys, only we understand that there is just something about 'Sone lovin!Quote:
The phone cam hides the scratches well... unfortunately those cups scratch if you glance at them the wrong way.
I got really tired of how the bends would not come out of the stock cable, so I added a 3.5mm jack where the cable used to be.
On some my DIY's the TRS plugs are repurposed from other cables, since their shells were injection molded plastic, I fashion new wooden shells for them from dowel.
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HM-901 15 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)