Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 98

post #1456 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

I am getting the Fiio E11 in around a week. Im trying it with a lot of sources and I hear clipping when the bass gets very deep slightly over 3/4 volume. Do the PRO 900 just need a ton of amplification?

 

Not really. While they do benefit and improve with additional amping, they certainly don't bottom out like what seems to be happening with you. I've ran mine on underpowered mp3 players, and the result is the sound being clearly less resolved and quieter, but everything's there.

 

It might be related to your DAC. When you get the E11, try setting source volume to 75-60% and increasing volume through the amp, that should fix your DAC issue.

post #1457 of 2063
Consider me part of this fan club biggrin.gif

I wasn't so sure after my pretty bad Pro 900 experience, but after trading those in for my Hifiman He-400's I know my Pro 550's will always have a place in my headphone collection. I love my Pro 550's, they are great compliments as a closed can to my HE-400's for on the go.
post #1458 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitZ0 View Post

 

ouch.  How long have you had them for?  I own the same pair of headphones & I hope I don't have that happen anytime soon..........though these do feel a tad bit weaker....damn you, mini-afro!

14 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobskivich View Post
Cable loose?

Not that I know of, mids and highs still come through but they sound very shrill and quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

How long have you had them? Try plugging them to another source, check the jack and did you change any settings from your current source?

Had them for 14 months. Got them in September of 2011. Tried multiple sources, it all sounds the same. Jack wouldn't be an issue as sound is still coming through.

 

Does anyone know if there is an Ultrasone rep here on Head-Fi?

post #1459 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

14 months.
Not that I know of, mids and highs still come through but they sound very shrill and quiet.
Had them for 14 months. Got them in September of 2011. Tried multiple sources, it all sounds the same. Jack wouldn't be an issue as sound is still coming through.

Does anyone know if there is an Ultrasone rep here on Head-Fi?

My Pro 550's left driver died about 1 year after I bought it. sounds like the same problem I had with the bass/lows.

All I did was send them an email though and sent it in to be fixed for free.
post #1460 of 2063

I just bought a pair of HFI-2400 and have to say the bass is insane. I find them comfortable to wear. The mids and treble are clear with the right positioning over my ear without being forward...

post #1461 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

Not really. While they do benefit and improve with additional amping, they certainly don't bottom out like what seems to be happening with you. I've ran mine on underpowered mp3 players, and the result is the sound being clearly less resolved and quieter, but everything's there.

It might be related to your DAC. When you get the E11, try setting source volume to 75-60% and increasing volume through the amp, that should fix your DAC issue.

Well ill see. Even though they sound incredible, I want to put them loud without clipping in the lows. Are you sure thw fiio e11 will take away the clipping?
post #1462 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post


Well ill see. Even though they sound incredible, I want to put them loud without clipping in the lows. Are you sure thw fiio e11 will take away the clipping?

 

The E11 will provide you a louder output, which then allows you to lower the source volume. I'm suspicious about your Apogee One, since I've seen other sources do similar situations when having too much volume.

post #1463 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

 

The E11 will provide you a louder output, which then allows you to lower the source volume. I'm suspicious about your Apogee One, since I've seen other sources do similar situations when having too much volume.

Oh ok, I see. Should I use the Fiio E11 and the Apogee One with my PRO 900 or just the Fiio E11? 

post #1464 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazBro123 View Post

Oh ok, I see. Should I use the Fiio E11 and the Apogee One with my PRO 900 or just the Fiio E11? 

 

If the alternative to the Apogee One is an onboard audio chip, then definitely the Apogee One. The Fiio E11 will give a healthy volume boost, which offsets the lower volume set on the Apogee One.

post #1465 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

If the alternative to the Apogee One is an onboard audio chip, then definitely the Apogee One. The Fiio E11 will give a healthy volume boost, which offsets the lower volume set on the Apogee One.

Oh I see. When I get the e11, I will post impressions smily_headphones1.gif
post #1466 of 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

OK The sig pro is paid and will be soon mine . smily_headphones1.gif

 

Sig pro (Serial Number 594) received an hour ago . smily_headphones1.gif .. I'm currently listening to all my favourite music ... I will try to give my impressions with my poor english a bit later.


Edited by Sorrodje - 12/3/12 at 1:44am
post #1467 of 2063

Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE 

Velor pads

Five and a half years old, still excellent sound

Do headphones improve with age as do musical instruments and speakers ?

 

Small cracks in headband, doesn't effect the use of the headphones

 

It was DexDexter that got me into Ultrasone headphones too !

post #1468 of 2063

Hi Sorrodje, could yu please measure the inner diameter and depht of the earcups for us, that would be very interesting besides your sound imprssions.L3000.gif

post #1469 of 2063

Yes I can ;)

post #1470 of 2063

Can anyone give me a short comparison of the HFI-580 and the Pro 550? I've have seen people say that the 580 is uncomfortable and as I am planning on using whichever pair I decide on for extended periods of time, I do not want that. Which pair is better for Electronica, Techno, House, Drum and Bass, and Dubstep. I am a bass head but I'm looking for tight punchy detailed bass. Mids and Highs need to be detailed and clear and as this is my first pair of nice cans (I'm coming from the Sony XB500s.) I am pretty sure I want a large soundstage. Also one of my big concerns is that I'll order the 580 and get an older pair that only has the 3 meter cable instead of the 1 meter with 4 meter extension cable separate which is what the newer 580s come with. My two rigs will consist of; IPod Classic 7th Gen>Fiio E11> Fiio L9 LOD> either pair and then a MaverickAudio Tube Magic D1 DAC/Amp. So having two separate cables with the 1/4 inch being coiled and long, and the 3.5mm being straight and short is exactly what I would need. Aesthetically, I prefer the Pro 550's size and color but as I have no wear I could possibly test either pair I need to hear other people's opinions on the audio.  Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)