@Alwinp : what's your source if you don't purchase the E11? I'm quite sure E11 is unuseful for HFI780 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [SOLD] FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 88post #1306 of 214611/15/12 at 6:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 214611/15/12 at 6:36ampost #1308 of 214611/15/12 at 6:49am
"Sound a lot better" I don't think so ... slightly better maybe ? but hfi780 is not known as a hard to drive headphone.
My HFI-2400 (which is harder to drive) sounds good straight from my smartphone, my ipod or my laptop but better from my E17 which is a DAC/AMP combo. Nevertheless I can't really say it's night and day. A real improvement for sure but no more.post #1309 of 214611/15/12 at 8:00amI have both the 780 and the E11. The E11 does improve the sound, but only slightly. i would say theres a less than 10% improvement when using the E11.
If I were you, I wouldnt get the E11 for now. Get the 780, use it. Itll work perfectly fine from your smartphone or portable player. And then look at getting the E11 sometime in the future if you still feel its necessary.
otherwise youve just saved £50
Edited by fjeena - 11/15/12 at 8:03ampost #1310 of 214611/15/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Don't use Ultrasones of any kind for production if you can help it. Get something more balanced.post #1311 of 214611/15/12 at 9:13amQuote:
Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.post #1312 of 214611/15/12 at 9:37am
I also have the 780's and my HTC Desire HD will NOT drive them at all.
I have to run the HTC through the E11 to get any kind of decent sound from the phone.
Now my Clip+ does just fine with the 780's but I still amp through the E11 for the Bass Boost.post #1313 of 214611/15/12 at 9:41amQuote:Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.
There's the ultrasone hfi-680, Senn hd25-1 II, and the shure srh840. All have a pretty flat response and won't break bankpost #1314 of 214611/15/12 at 9:46amQuote:
Yep. It really depends on what the source is because the 780s are lower impedance phones. My Clip+ does great, too, but not so good on my HTC phone.
What is your source, Alwinp?post #1315 of 214611/15/12 at 10:46amQuote:
Three good suggestions indeed.post #1316 of 214611/15/12 at 11:12am
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)post #1317 of 214611/15/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up :)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/313962-REG/Beyerdynamic_942704_Padded_Earcushions_for_DT250_DT280.htmlpost #1318 of 214611/15/12 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up
I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?post #1319 of 214611/15/12 at 2:22pmQuote:I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?
Nice :) Fortunately, they do change the sound. If you use the cloth inside piece it helps tame the highs and even helps bring out the mids a bit. The bass stays unaffectedpost #1320 of 214611/15/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Ill be using them on the 780. I dont find the highs harsh at all, after having burnt them in for agess! But seeing as you said "fortunately" I look forward to hearing them now
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › First headphone/amp combo within a 3000 USD budget 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 2 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...