@Alwinp : what's your source if you don't purchase the E11? I'm quite sure E11 is unuseful for HFI780 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [SOLD] FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 88post #1306 of 214611/15/12 at 6:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 214611/15/12 at 6:36ampost #1308 of 214611/15/12 at 6:49am
"Sound a lot better" I don't think so ... slightly better maybe ? but hfi780 is not known as a hard to drive headphone.
My HFI-2400 (which is harder to drive) sounds good straight from my smartphone, my ipod or my laptop but better from my E17 which is a DAC/AMP combo. Nevertheless I can't really say it's night and day. A real improvement for sure but no more.post #1309 of 214611/15/12 at 8:00amI have both the 780 and the E11. The E11 does improve the sound, but only slightly. i would say theres a less than 10% improvement when using the E11.
If I were you, I wouldnt get the E11 for now. Get the 780, use it. Itll work perfectly fine from your smartphone or portable player. And then look at getting the E11 sometime in the future if you still feel its necessary.
otherwise youve just saved £50
Edited by fjeena - 11/15/12 at 8:03ampost #1310 of 214611/15/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Don't use Ultrasones of any kind for production if you can help it. Get something more balanced.post #1311 of 214611/15/12 at 9:13amQuote:
Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.post #1312 of 214611/15/12 at 9:37am
I also have the 780's and my HTC Desire HD will NOT drive them at all.
I have to run the HTC through the E11 to get any kind of decent sound from the phone.
Now my Clip+ does just fine with the 780's but I still amp through the E11 for the Bass Boost.post #1313 of 214611/15/12 at 9:41amQuote:Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.
There's the ultrasone hfi-680, Senn hd25-1 II, and the shure srh840. All have a pretty flat response and won't break bankpost #1314 of 214611/15/12 at 9:46amQuote:
Yep. It really depends on what the source is because the 780s are lower impedance phones. My Clip+ does great, too, but not so good on my HTC phone.
What is your source, Alwinp?post #1315 of 214611/15/12 at 10:46amQuote:
Three good suggestions indeed.post #1316 of 214611/15/12 at 11:12am
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)post #1317 of 214611/15/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up :)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/313962-REG/Beyerdynamic_942704_Padded_Earcushions_for_DT250_DT280.htmlpost #1318 of 214611/15/12 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up
I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?post #1319 of 214611/15/12 at 2:22pmQuote:I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?
Nice :) Fortunately, they do change the sound. If you use the cloth inside piece it helps tame the highs and even helps bring out the mids a bit. The bass stays unaffectedpost #1320 of 214611/15/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Ill be using them on the 780. I dont find the highs harsh at all, after having burnt them in for agess! But seeing as you said "fortunately" I look forward to hearing them now
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 29 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 50 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 52 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...