@Alwinp : what's your source if you don't purchase the E11? I'm quite sure E11 is unuseful for HFI780 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [SOLD] FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Worth the money for anyone wanting a cheap pair of headphones. Won't blow anyone away but for $40 you can't do much better. Build quality is lacking and the cables really suck, so these do have...
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 88post #1306 of 216411/15/12 at 6:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 216411/15/12 at 6:36ampost #1308 of 216411/15/12 at 6:49am
"Sound a lot better" I don't think so ... slightly better maybe ? but hfi780 is not known as a hard to drive headphone.
My HFI-2400 (which is harder to drive) sounds good straight from my smartphone, my ipod or my laptop but better from my E17 which is a DAC/AMP combo. Nevertheless I can't really say it's night and day. A real improvement for sure but no more.post #1309 of 216411/15/12 at 8:00amI have both the 780 and the E11. The E11 does improve the sound, but only slightly. i would say theres a less than 10% improvement when using the E11.
If I were you, I wouldnt get the E11 for now. Get the 780, use it. Itll work perfectly fine from your smartphone or portable player. And then look at getting the E11 sometime in the future if you still feel its necessary.
otherwise youve just saved £50
Edited by fjeena - 11/15/12 at 8:03ampost #1310 of 216411/15/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Don't use Ultrasones of any kind for production if you can help it. Get something more balanced.post #1311 of 216411/15/12 at 9:13amQuote:
Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.post #1312 of 216411/15/12 at 9:37am
I also have the 780's and my HTC Desire HD will NOT drive them at all.
I have to run the HTC through the E11 to get any kind of decent sound from the phone.
Now my Clip+ does just fine with the 780's but I still amp through the E11 for the Bass Boost.post #1313 of 216411/15/12 at 9:41amQuote:Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.
There's the ultrasone hfi-680, Senn hd25-1 II, and the shure srh840. All have a pretty flat response and won't break bankpost #1314 of 216411/15/12 at 9:46amQuote:
Yep. It really depends on what the source is because the 780s are lower impedance phones. My Clip+ does great, too, but not so good on my HTC phone.
What is your source, Alwinp?post #1315 of 216411/15/12 at 10:46amQuote:
Three good suggestions indeed.post #1316 of 216411/15/12 at 11:12am
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)post #1317 of 216411/15/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up :)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/313962-REG/Beyerdynamic_942704_Padded_Earcushions_for_DT250_DT280.htmlpost #1318 of 216411/15/12 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up
I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?post #1319 of 216411/15/12 at 2:22pmQuote:I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?
Nice :) Fortunately, they do change the sound. If you use the cloth inside piece it helps tame the highs and even helps bring out the mids a bit. The bass stays unaffectedpost #1320 of 216411/15/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Ill be using them on the 780. I dont find the highs harsh at all, after having burnt them in for agess! But seeing as you said "fortunately" I look forward to hearing them now
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › HD600 portable DAC/AMP 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need something that does 4 watts at 32 ohm, 2 watts at 50ohm... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Unique Wood Grain Photos 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Bit Perfect Audio from Linux 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 6 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear