@Alwinp : what's your source if you don't purchase the E11? I'm quite sure E11 is unuseful for HFI780 .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 7tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Edition 9tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE HFI 2200 ULEtagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 8/29/11More
- productUltrasone PRO 650tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900 - Blacktagged by System, 8/29/11
- productULTRASONE PROline 2500tagged by System, 8/29/11
- productUltrasone Signature DJtagged by Craigster75, 2/4/13
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- So my Ultrasone PRO 550's came today... (First Impressions Mini-Review) Last post on 9/30/11 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI ear cups size smaller than the pro900? Last post on 9/10/11 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do ultrasones compare to the big names? Last post on 9/7/11 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) - Page 88post #1306 of 204211/15/12 at 6:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 204211/15/12 at 6:36ampost #1308 of 204211/15/12 at 6:49am
"Sound a lot better" I don't think so ... slightly better maybe ? but hfi780 is not known as a hard to drive headphone.
My HFI-2400 (which is harder to drive) sounds good straight from my smartphone, my ipod or my laptop but better from my E17 which is a DAC/AMP combo. Nevertheless I can't really say it's night and day. A real improvement for sure but no more.post #1309 of 204211/15/12 at 8:00amI have both the 780 and the E11. The E11 does improve the sound, but only slightly. i would say theres a less than 10% improvement when using the E11.
If I were you, I wouldnt get the E11 for now. Get the 780, use it. Itll work perfectly fine from your smartphone or portable player. And then look at getting the E11 sometime in the future if you still feel its necessary.
otherwise youve just saved £50
Edited by fjeena - 11/15/12 at 8:03ampost #1310 of 204211/15/12 at 8:19amQuote:
Don't use Ultrasones of any kind for production if you can help it. Get something more balanced.post #1311 of 204211/15/12 at 9:13amQuote:
Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.post #1312 of 204211/15/12 at 9:37am
I also have the 780's and my HTC Desire HD will NOT drive them at all.
I have to run the HTC through the E11 to get any kind of decent sound from the phone.
Now my Clip+ does just fine with the 780's but I still amp through the E11 for the Bass Boost.post #1313 of 204211/15/12 at 9:41amQuote:Do you have better suggestions? I was adviced a 780 even though I listed the fact I want to use this phone for production aswell as for normal activities.
I do not want to exceed my budget.
There's the ultrasone hfi-680, Senn hd25-1 II, and the shure srh840. All have a pretty flat response and won't break bankpost #1314 of 204211/15/12 at 9:46amQuote:
Yep. It really depends on what the source is because the 780s are lower impedance phones. My Clip+ does great, too, but not so good on my HTC phone.
What is your source, Alwinp?post #1315 of 204211/15/12 at 10:46amQuote:
Three good suggestions indeed.post #1316 of 204211/15/12 at 11:12am
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)post #1317 of 204211/15/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Then my pick will be a 680 combined with E11 (I heard the 680's require an amp for better sound, as its hard to drive without one) This also fits within my budget. And out of all three, the ultrasone ones look the best :)
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up :)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/313962-REG/Beyerdynamic_942704_Padded_Earcushions_for_DT250_DT280.htmlpost #1318 of 204211/15/12 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
If you ever feel like the earpads aren't comfortable like I did you can always pick these up
I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?post #1319 of 204211/15/12 at 2:22pmQuote:I just ordered those earlier today do they change the SQ much?
Nice :) Fortunately, they do change the sound. If you use the cloth inside piece it helps tame the highs and even helps bring out the mids a bit. The bass stays unaffectedpost #1320 of 204211/15/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Ill be using them on the 780. I dont find the highs harsh at all, after having burnt them in for agess! But seeing as you said "fortunately" I look forward to hearing them now
- Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Your Album of the Year 2013! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › Need to replace my V moda Crossfade LP Any Recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PC363D or Beyerdynamic DT 770 80ohm 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital