So i've been hearing some pretty nice things about the ath pro700 mk2 and that it has great bass, and decent mids and highs as well, so ive been planning to get myself a pair. The problem is, frequently I hear people say the ear pads/comfort on these are terrible. I still plan on getting them but which ear pad would work best for them? I've been considering the m50 ones as they only cost about 5-10 bucks but im open to other choices.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass. Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Last post on 3/19/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 1/2/15 at 9:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?post #1 of 188/27/11 at 4:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 189/27/11 at 1:17pm
I just got a pair of these to see what all the fuss was about, and they definatly are for the bass heads. I passed them around the office and two coworkers ordered a pair after listening to them. The only ear pad option I've seen is using the m50 pads. I'm going to order some and see how they effect the fit/sound. Right now they sound good for what they are intended for. The fit is tight for me, so hopefully the m50 pads will help with that. I plan on trying to stretch them out some too.
Found this thread w/ a review and some pad options. Enjoy. :)
Edited by vabch22 - 9/27/11 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 186/22/12 at 11:48pmpost #4 of 187/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #5 of 187/12/12 at 11:33pmpost #6 of 187/26/12 at 8:24amQuote:
Does the M50 earpads degrade the authentic sound quality of Pro700MK2?post #7 of 1810/4/12 at 6:54am
I just bought the LE ATG-pro 700 mk2, I'm currently pending receipt of the headphones. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the ear pad issues, if they cause a problem for me, I would like to change it. I was wondering if there is any possibility of putting the Grado ear cups on my ATH-pro 700 Mk2? I understand any is possible, I am specifically seeking the ease of doing so.
The Grado ear cups are very attractive and look quite comfy.post #8 of 1810/21/12 at 6:03pm
From what I've heard a buddy of mine say these ear pads will increase the quality and quantity of the bass by a huge margin.post #9 of 1812/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #10 of 186/8/13 at 6:20pmpost #11 of 186/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 186/8/13 at 7:34pmpost #13 of 186/8/13 at 7:36pm
Yes, it fits well. It might look a little funny since it's oval and not round like the original pads.Quote:
The M50 does heat up but it's better than the stock pads and way more comfortable.post #14 of 186/8/13 at 8:09pm
The problem with the stock pad is that it's too flat. The stock pad is far superior to the M50 pad if you stick something underneath the pad to make it bigger. M50 pads are pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.
- Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 42 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Calyx M DAP for sale/trade (Canada) 1 minute ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2