So i've been hearing some pretty nice things about the ath pro700 mk2 and that it has great bass, and decent mids and highs as well, so ive been planning to get myself a pair. The problem is, frequently I hear people say the ear pads/comfort on these are terrible. I still plan on getting them but which ear pad would work best for them? I've been considering the m50 ones as they only cost about 5-10 bucks but im open to other choices.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass. Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Last post on 3/19/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?post #1 of 158/27/11 at 4:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 159/27/11 at 1:17pm
I just got a pair of these to see what all the fuss was about, and they definatly are for the bass heads. I passed them around the office and two coworkers ordered a pair after listening to them. The only ear pad option I've seen is using the m50 pads. I'm going to order some and see how they effect the fit/sound. Right now they sound good for what they are intended for. The fit is tight for me, so hopefully the m50 pads will help with that. I plan on trying to stretch them out some too.
Found this thread w/ a review and some pad options. Enjoy. :)
Edited by vabch22 - 9/27/11 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 156/22/12 at 11:48pmpost #4 of 157/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #5 of 157/12/12 at 11:33pmpost #6 of 157/26/12 at 8:24amQuote:
Does the M50 earpads degrade the authentic sound quality of Pro700MK2?post #7 of 1510/4/12 at 6:54am
I just bought the LE ATG-pro 700 mk2, I'm currently pending receipt of the headphones. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the ear pad issues, if they cause a problem for me, I would like to change it. I was wondering if there is any possibility of putting the Grado ear cups on my ATH-pro 700 Mk2? I understand any is possible, I am specifically seeking the ease of doing so.
The Grado ear cups are very attractive and look quite comfy.post #8 of 1510/21/12 at 6:03pm
From what I've heard a buddy of mine say these ear pads will increase the quality and quantity of the bass by a huge margin.post #9 of 1512/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #10 of 156/8/13 at 6:20pmpost #11 of 156/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 156/8/13 at 7:34pmpost #13 of 156/8/13 at 7:36pm
Yes, it fits well. It might look a little funny since it's oval and not round like the original pads.Quote:
The M50 does heat up but it's better than the stock pads and way more comfortable.post #14 of 156/8/13 at 8:09pm
The problem with the stock pad is that it's too flat. The stock pad is far superior to the M50 pad if you stick something underneath the pad to make it bigger. M50 pads are pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.
- Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 second ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 18 seconds ago
- › Elite Core Audio PMA 38 seconds ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 44 seconds ago
- › Fiio E18 45 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 50 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude