So i've been hearing some pretty nice things about the ath pro700 mk2 and that it has great bass, and decent mids and highs as well, so ive been planning to get myself a pair. The problem is, frequently I hear people say the ear pads/comfort on these are terrible. I still plan on getting them but which ear pad would work best for them? I've been considering the m50 ones as they only cost about 5-10 bucks but im open to other choices.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass. Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Last post on 3/19/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?post #1 of 178/27/11 at 4:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 179/27/11 at 1:17pm
I just got a pair of these to see what all the fuss was about, and they definatly are for the bass heads. I passed them around the office and two coworkers ordered a pair after listening to them. The only ear pad option I've seen is using the m50 pads. I'm going to order some and see how they effect the fit/sound. Right now they sound good for what they are intended for. The fit is tight for me, so hopefully the m50 pads will help with that. I plan on trying to stretch them out some too.
Found this thread w/ a review and some pad options. Enjoy. :)
Edited by vabch22 - 9/27/11 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 176/22/12 at 11:48pmpost #4 of 177/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #5 of 177/12/12 at 11:33pmpost #6 of 177/26/12 at 8:24amQuote:
Does the M50 earpads degrade the authentic sound quality of Pro700MK2?post #7 of 1710/4/12 at 6:54am
I just bought the LE ATG-pro 700 mk2, I'm currently pending receipt of the headphones. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the ear pad issues, if they cause a problem for me, I would like to change it. I was wondering if there is any possibility of putting the Grado ear cups on my ATH-pro 700 Mk2? I understand any is possible, I am specifically seeking the ease of doing so.
The Grado ear cups are very attractive and look quite comfy.post #8 of 1710/21/12 at 6:03pm
From what I've heard a buddy of mine say these ear pads will increase the quality and quantity of the bass by a huge margin.post #9 of 1712/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #10 of 176/8/13 at 6:20pmpost #11 of 176/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 176/8/13 at 7:34pmpost #13 of 176/8/13 at 7:36pm
Yes, it fits well. It might look a little funny since it's oval and not round like the original pads.Quote:
The M50 does heat up but it's better than the stock pads and way more comfortable.post #14 of 176/8/13 at 8:09pm
The problem with the stock pad is that it's too flat. The stock pad is far superior to the M50 pad if you stick something underneath the pad to make it bigger. M50 pads are pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.
- Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Neutral/laid back sounding IEM for about $100? 4 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 15 seconds ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 4 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 4 minutes ago
- › How do I use my Sennheiser Momentum's as a headset for PS4? 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 5 minutes ago
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 5 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)