So i've been hearing some pretty nice things about the ath pro700 mk2 and that it has great bass, and decent mids and highs as well, so ive been planning to get myself a pair. The problem is, frequently I hear people say the ear pads/comfort on these are terrible. I still plan on getting them but which ear pad would work best for them? I've been considering the m50 ones as they only cost about 5-10 bucks but im open to other choices.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass. Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Last post on 3/19/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 1/2/15 at 9:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?post #1 of 188/27/11 at 4:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 189/27/11 at 1:17pm
I just got a pair of these to see what all the fuss was about, and they definatly are for the bass heads. I passed them around the office and two coworkers ordered a pair after listening to them. The only ear pad option I've seen is using the m50 pads. I'm going to order some and see how they effect the fit/sound. Right now they sound good for what they are intended for. The fit is tight for me, so hopefully the m50 pads will help with that. I plan on trying to stretch them out some too.
Found this thread w/ a review and some pad options. Enjoy. :)
Edited by vabch22 - 9/27/11 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 186/22/12 at 11:48pmpost #4 of 187/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #5 of 187/12/12 at 11:33pmpost #6 of 187/26/12 at 8:24amQuote:
Does the M50 earpads degrade the authentic sound quality of Pro700MK2?post #7 of 1810/4/12 at 6:54am
I just bought the LE ATG-pro 700 mk2, I'm currently pending receipt of the headphones. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the ear pad issues, if they cause a problem for me, I would like to change it. I was wondering if there is any possibility of putting the Grado ear cups on my ATH-pro 700 Mk2? I understand any is possible, I am specifically seeking the ease of doing so.
The Grado ear cups are very attractive and look quite comfy.post #8 of 1810/21/12 at 6:03pm
From what I've heard a buddy of mine say these ear pads will increase the quality and quantity of the bass by a huge margin.post #9 of 1812/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #10 of 186/8/13 at 6:20pmpost #11 of 186/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 186/8/13 at 7:34pmpost #13 of 186/8/13 at 7:36pm
Yes, it fits well. It might look a little funny since it's oval and not round like the original pads.Quote:
The M50 does heat up but it's better than the stock pads and way more comfortable.post #14 of 186/8/13 at 8:09pm
The problem with the stock pad is that it's too flat. The stock pad is far superior to the M50 pad if you stick something underneath the pad to make it bigger. M50 pads are pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.
- Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 3 minutes ago
- › Best desktop speakers that have XLR ins? 4 minutes ago
- › Shure 1840 w/Original Box, Accessoires and Invoice 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 10 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2