So i've been hearing some pretty nice things about the ath pro700 mk2 and that it has great bass, and decent mids and highs as well, so ive been planning to get myself a pair. The problem is, frequently I hear people say the ear pads/comfort on these are terrible. I still plan on getting them but which ear pad would work best for them? I've been considering the m50 ones as they only cost about 5-10 bucks but im open to other choices.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass. Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Last post on 3/19/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 8/18/12 at 8:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?post #1 of 178/27/11 at 4:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 179/27/11 at 1:17pm
I just got a pair of these to see what all the fuss was about, and they definatly are for the bass heads. I passed them around the office and two coworkers ordered a pair after listening to them. The only ear pad option I've seen is using the m50 pads. I'm going to order some and see how they effect the fit/sound. Right now they sound good for what they are intended for. The fit is tight for me, so hopefully the m50 pads will help with that. I plan on trying to stretch them out some too.
Found this thread w/ a review and some pad options. Enjoy. :)
Edited by vabch22 - 9/27/11 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 176/22/12 at 11:48pmpost #4 of 177/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #5 of 177/12/12 at 11:33pmpost #6 of 177/26/12 at 8:24amQuote:
Does the M50 earpads degrade the authentic sound quality of Pro700MK2?post #7 of 1710/4/12 at 6:54am
I just bought the LE ATG-pro 700 mk2, I'm currently pending receipt of the headphones. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the ear pad issues, if they cause a problem for me, I would like to change it. I was wondering if there is any possibility of putting the Grado ear cups on my ATH-pro 700 Mk2? I understand any is possible, I am specifically seeking the ease of doing so.
The Grado ear cups are very attractive and look quite comfy.post #8 of 1710/21/12 at 6:03pm
From what I've heard a buddy of mine say these ear pads will increase the quality and quantity of the bass by a huge margin.post #9 of 1712/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #10 of 176/8/13 at 6:20pmpost #11 of 176/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 176/8/13 at 7:34pmpost #13 of 176/8/13 at 7:36pm
Yes, it fits well. It might look a little funny since it's oval and not round like the original pads.Quote:
The M50 does heat up but it's better than the stock pads and way more comfortable.post #14 of 176/8/13 at 8:09pm
The problem with the stock pad is that it's too flat. The stock pad is far superior to the M50 pad if you stick something underneath the pad to make it bigger. M50 pads are pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.
- Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 21 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX and the Sennheiser RS 180's 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS-180: Electronic hiss/noise from right cup 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)