So i've been hearing some pretty nice things about the ath pro700 mk2 and that it has great bass, and decent mids and highs as well, so ive been planning to get myself a pair. The problem is, frequently I hear people say the ear pads/comfort on these are terrible. I still plan on getting them but which ear pad would work best for them? I've been considering the m50 ones as they only cost about 5-10 bucks but im open to other choices.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass. Last post on 9/4/11 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Last post on 3/19/11 at 11:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 1/2/15 at 9:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?post #1 of 248/27/11 at 4:19pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 249/27/11 at 1:17pm
I just got a pair of these to see what all the fuss was about, and they definatly are for the bass heads. I passed them around the office and two coworkers ordered a pair after listening to them. The only ear pad option I've seen is using the m50 pads. I'm going to order some and see how they effect the fit/sound. Right now they sound good for what they are intended for. The fit is tight for me, so hopefully the m50 pads will help with that. I plan on trying to stretch them out some too.
Found this thread w/ a review and some pad options. Enjoy. :)
Edited by vabch22 - 9/27/11 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 246/22/12 at 11:48pmpost #4 of 247/12/12 at 11:24pmpost #5 of 247/12/12 at 11:33pmpost #6 of 247/26/12 at 8:24amQuote:
Does the M50 earpads degrade the authentic sound quality of Pro700MK2?post #7 of 2410/4/12 at 6:54am
I just bought the LE ATG-pro 700 mk2, I'm currently pending receipt of the headphones. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the ear pad issues, if they cause a problem for me, I would like to change it. I was wondering if there is any possibility of putting the Grado ear cups on my ATH-pro 700 Mk2? I understand any is possible, I am specifically seeking the ease of doing so.
The Grado ear cups are very attractive and look quite comfy.post #8 of 2410/21/12 at 6:03pm
From what I've heard a buddy of mine say these ear pads will increase the quality and quantity of the bass by a huge margin.post #9 of 2412/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #10 of 246/8/13 at 6:20pmpost #11 of 246/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 246/8/13 at 7:34pmpost #13 of 246/8/13 at 7:36pm
Yes, it fits well. It might look a little funny since it's oval and not round like the original pads.Quote:
The M50 does heat up but it's better than the stock pads and way more comfortable.post #14 of 246/8/13 at 8:09pm
The problem with the stock pad is that it's too flat. The stock pad is far superior to the M50 pad if you stick something underneath the pad to make it bigger. M50 pads are pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.
- Ear Pad Replacement for Ath Pro700 mk2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audio interface VS dac + headphone amp ? 55 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse