Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony MDR-EX600 vs Vsonic GR07
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR-EX600 vs Vsonic GR07

Poll Results: Sony MDR-EX600 vs Vsonic GR07

 
  • 49% (32)
    Sony MDR-EX600
  • 50% (33)
    Vsonic GR07
65 Total Votes  
post #1 of 58
Thread Starter 

I've been keep tracking both threads but couldn't decide. There is no review for EX600 in |joker| and ClieOS threads to compare against GR07. I'm leaning toward EX600 for availability and price in US.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.


Edited by mkz - 8/27/11 at 8:32am
post #2 of 58
I think the sound will be comparable enough you will get and even draw from people sound wise. So the things to consider are GR07 a bit more isolating and flush in ear which usually translates to more comfortable but is not a guarantee. The EX600 has a replaceable cable though and will be more serviceable for you.
post #3 of 58

Yeah, the two are very close in performance, so unless you specifically lean toward one sound character versus the other, the two really are just a matter of difference in form factor. The EX600 is also slightly more affordable if you're in the US.

post #4 of 58

I voted for the GR07, but it's only because of my personal preference in the Sound signature. Both are great and I'm happy that I own both. Although I'm close to pulling the trigger on the EX1000. If I do I'm not 100 percent sure that I'll keep the EX600, but I will keep the GRO7 regardless of what I decide with the Sonys.

post #5 of 58
I hope only those who've had personal time with both will vote here.

I hope to one day hear the EX600... at least until something better comes along. smily_headphones1.gif
post #6 of 58

Get! Get! I'm sorely tempted myself...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the EX1000.


For me, I'd also skip the EX600 because I've been enamoured with the EX1000 for too long, and anything lesser would not be satisfying. My impressions of the EX600 are that it is a little smoother and relaxed than the GR07, but that's just me, and I didn't get a super long time with it. To me, the GR07 seems like a more practical package; like dweaver wrote, it sits more flush to the ear and is more isolating and thus lends itself better to on-the-go use. The new EX series just doesn't seem very practical for mobile use, at least to me. There are people who do go to the gym with it.

 

post #7 of 58

I voted for the GR07. These phones are great enough to make me enjoy music that I didn't really like before. I haven't heard the EX600 so I can't comment as to which is better or worse, however I will say that these phones will stand up to any challenger, whether it be a difficult song or another IEM. Apart from the sound, the best thing about the Vsonic is that so much though went into the comfort factor. Because of the its lightness and the swiveling nozzle, they literally disappear in my ears (which are kinda small btw). When I see pictures of the Sonys, I have no desire to put those things into my ears because of the design. I guess that's the end of my 25 cents redface.gif

post #8 of 58

I came to my senses and decided I don't need the EX1000. The EX600 and GR07 are enough for me (plus I'm waiting to get my W4 back). Next stop for me is another custom. Hurry up 1964 EARS.

post #9 of 58

gr07 wins because of better overall performance and less fatiguing sound :)

post #10 of 58
i had to choose between these two a couple of months ago. they were similarly priced around $150. i chose the ex600. winning factor was the replaceable cable and the design(unique and big) biggrin.gif

isolation wasnt too much of a factor for me and wind noise scared me a little because i commute and travel with it, but to my surprise, wind noise is ZERO for me on the ex600.

SQ was a toss-up between the two basing on the massive threads on both.

so it's really up to you, anyone would be happy with both either way. especially if SQ alone was the factor.

btw, had to vote on the ex600, i couldn't let my ex600s go down on 4 points biggrin.gif

but i'd like to hear the gr07 someday!
post #11 of 58
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciated all of you guys suggestions. One more thing, are those would be ok on EVO 3D running Spotify. Is there any SQ improvement on 160kbps mp3?


Edited by mkz - 8/27/11 at 7:22pm
post #12 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkz View Post

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciated all of you guys suggestions. One more thing, are those would be ok on EVO 3D running Spotify. Is there any SQ improvement on 160kbps mp3?



Yeah I wouldn't use the Evo as a source. I have an iPhone 4, but I also use a Sansa Clip+ because it's a great sounding player with a small footprint. You can get a 4gb version for less than 40 bucks and stick a 16/32gb card in it. YMMV though because I'm talking from personal preference. 

post #13 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I voted for the GR07, but it's only because of my personal preference in the Sound signature. Both are great and I'm happy that I own both. Although I'm close to pulling the trigger on the EX1000. If I do I'm not 100 percent sure that I'll keep the EX600, but I will keep the GRO7 regardless of what I decide with the Sonys.



So are you gonna buy the EX1000s new or used? I may have a pair going up for sale. Barely used and I would pass on my 3 year warranty from square trade to you as well with them. I think the FX700s may be more of my cup of tea. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet. Seems like the treble peak on the Sonys is a bit much for me though. I actually consider my silver cable IE8s better.

post #14 of 58


It really doesn't make a difference to me, except I'm not going to pay too much over $300 for them if I decide to get them. There are a few spots I've found selling them for about $300 or a little over now. In this frame of mind that I'm in right now, however, I'm pretty content with the EX600. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post





So are you gonna buy the EX1000s new or used? I may have a pair going up for sale. Barely used and I would pass on my 3 year warranty from square trade to you as well with them. I think the FX700s may be more of my cup of tea. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet. Seems like the treble peak on the Sonys is a bit much for me though. I actually consider my silver cable IE8s better.



 

post #15 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post





Yeah I wouldn't use the Evo as a source. I have an iPhone 4, but I also use a Sansa Clip+ because it's a great sounding player with a small footprint. You can get a 4gb version for less than 40 bucks and stick a 16/32gb card in it. YMMV though because I'm talking from personal preference. 



Thanks. I ordered clip+ and 16gb from newegg. Can't wait to have it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sony MDR-EX600 vs Vsonic GR07