Just out of curiosity, what were the issues with the build? (unless you earlier mentioned who the builder is and don't want to slander his/her name with more details) I know it's a fairly easy build, but several things can go wrong, and JDSLabs even said they had issues figuring out all the tricks to get the yield rates high.
The following issues were encountered in under a 4-month period of time:
- My Triad power supply died within the two-month mark.
- My metal case would emit a spark when my metal iPod housing came in contact with it. (There was not ground established from the input jack to the case screw.)
- The amp started to get quite warm and distort. It turns out one of the two power regulators had not been fully seated prior to soldering in place, so it sat up a bit over 1/4". This meant that 1/4" of the metal tab, that works to absorb head from the chip was not capable of proper functionality.
- The 4 resistors just behind the input jack were not trimmed close enough to the circuit board -- meaning that they had enough length and enough of a slight bend to come in contact with the internal rail of the case.
- One of my 9V rechargeable batteries started to blister and malform a bit from its original shape - suggesting that possible the power regulators not operating correctly, could have been oversupplying a voltage to the batteries during the charging state.
I understand that issues can happen. Nothing we ban can be 100% perfect. However, I do expect some level of reliability and being that the number of issues kept mounting, I needed to contact the seller so this could be resolved.