It's that time again, the time when I'm looking for a new pair of headphones! So far, I'm kind of stuck on Beyerdynamic DT-990, or the Hifi-Man HE-300. I've heard lots of good things about the He-300's, and that I wouldn't necessarily need an amp for them to use with my iPod/Laptop. On the other hand, I want the best of the best, so if I got the Beyerdynamic's, I would want the 600Ohm version which would require serious amping(?). So here are some questions that I would love to have answered;
1) What actually IS the difference between the different impedance's of the 990's? The trebles, mids, lows? And what set is better?
2) What PORTABLE amp is the best to drive the 600 Ohm cans (If they were the ones I would get) My budget is roughly $400 (maybe a tid-bit more, for now, for the amp and headphones).
3) Are these 2 cans the best way to go? Any suggestions? (Types of music I like are down below)
4) Just a bonus question - What is a polarized headphone? (Noobie, sorry!).
So the ultimate question you're asking is, "What type of music do you like?!?!" And the answer is, almost everything; Dubstep/Techno (Deadmau5, Skrillex, etc), Rap (Eminem, etc), Rock (Marianas Trench, etc), Pop/Hip-hop (Usher, Pitbull, etc.), And Country (Lady Antabellum, etc). No Jazz or Classical stuff is about it. So what it boils down to is a great all-round headphone with a clear sound, and punchy bass. I hope I get a few reply's and suggestions for amps and headphones!
Just a few reminders - THE AMP HAS TO BE PORTABLE, since I'll be using the headphones with my iPod mostly. And MY BUDGET IS $400 (maybe a little more), AMP INCLUDED.
- 15 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Location: I'm a Canadian!
- Select All Posts By This User