V200 and V800 Violectric combo....match made in heaven with HD800s
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
best amp for hd 800 - Page 7post #91 of 1056/23/13 at 2:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1056/28/13 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by zigy626
How about the Meier Corda Jazz with the M-Dac is it any good with the HD 800? I currently own the Audiolab M-Dac and looking for a good Amp in UK. Does anyone have any experience with the Corda Jazz or should I be looking at a tube amp. Another choice I would consider is the Icon audio HP8 MKII would love to hear from anyone who has tried these amps with the HD 800.
Can't speak about the others but the Icon is heaven with the HD800 - one of the best combinations I've heard with the Senns.post #93 of 1056/29/13 at 4:23amQuote:
Think I'll give this a try based on your recommendation. Icon are just down the road from me!post #94 of 1056/29/13 at 4:58amI have heard that Icon Audio is only designed in Leicester but all the manufacturing and parts are sourced in china. I don't know but if I want to buy a Chinese amplifier I would buy a darkvoice or little dot. Personally I would go with the Lehmann Black Cube Linear or Voilectric V200 or a SPL Auditor and finally if you have the budget a SPL Phonitor.post #95 of 1056/29/13 at 3:20pmRight now I have a vintage Pioneer SX1010 fed coax via Halide bridge from Audio GD NFB17.32 and it is the best I have heard the HD800.Before I had Phoenix,WA6 in all sorts of DAC configurations and it always left me wanting.
The SX1010 also has hardware EQ which beats all software EQs I have tried so far.
The sound is meaty and holographic and still ultraclear....best of both worlds.post #96 of 1056/30/13 at 4:47ampost #97 of 1057/4/13 at 4:05ampost #98 of 1057/12/13 at 1:56pm
Canor TP-10. Doesn't get mentioned a lot on here but it's driving my HD800's at the moment and driving them well. Vocals in particular have a gorgeous rich sound. I'm also noticing more details when listening to familiar recordings. Good bass too.
Edited by treebug - 7/12/13 at 2:09pmpost #99 of 1057/14/13 at 12:58pm
I've run my HD800's with Blue Circle SBH and a V200. Both were very nice.
But I get the best sound I've heard from the HD800's, BY FAR, with my Sound Quest SQ84-V2.
15wpc, two inputs, runs speakers as well as cans. Uses the 6V6, the same tube in the $5700 ALO amp that is getting all the rave comments.
Talk to Stephen at Sound Quest and see what he can do for you.
This is a really great tube amp.post #100 of 1057/16/13 at 4:56ampost #101 of 1055/11/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by vc1187
The one word descriptor that comes to mind would be 'accurate'. Not overbloated, or overly impactful, while remaining deep (on passages that call for it) and high quality throughout the entire spectrum.
The best way to describe my experience with the HD800 is that I was extremely disappointed when I first got it because I initially plugged it straight into my La Figaro 339. I had heard so much hype about how great the HD800 ran with high quality tube amps, that I was almost certain that combination would be awesome. I can't even describe why it was bad... it just was to my ears. Music didn't flow, and I wasn't amused. Sounded harsh in a way, and somewhat unnatural.
Then I plugged it into the V200, and it's like the headphone completely evolved. The instant difference I noticed between the HD800 and the rest of my headphones (HE-500, HD650, LCD-2, HD598) was the extremely large and precise soundstage + imaging. Everything sounded so effortlessly real, and smooth, while giving a very realistic treble, without sounding harsh. Other than that, just know that the V200/HD800 is a great pairing, as I'm sure others can vouch for it as well.
What is the V200? Violectric? I had purchased the HD800 and now looking for a great amp to pair. Thankspost #102 of 1055/11/15 at 6:25ampost #103 of 1055/11/15 at 6:40ampost #104 of 1055/11/15 at 6:42amQuote:
Thanks man. I'm looking on V200 right now.post #105 of 1055/16/15 at 6:00pm
look at the metrum aurix. i love the sound of the hd800 from it, and i hear none of the problems some people ascribe to those phones.
- best amp for hd 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 18 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 19 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 24 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 28 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir Multi-Bi...MINT CONDTION NEW>PRICE REDUCTION 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...