V200 and V800 Violectric combo....match made in heaven with HD800s
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
best amp for hd 800 - Page 7post #91 of 1006/23/13 at 2:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1006/28/13 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by zigy626
How about the Meier Corda Jazz with the M-Dac is it any good with the HD 800? I currently own the Audiolab M-Dac and looking for a good Amp in UK. Does anyone have any experience with the Corda Jazz or should I be looking at a tube amp. Another choice I would consider is the Icon audio HP8 MKII would love to hear from anyone who has tried these amps with the HD 800.
Can't speak about the others but the Icon is heaven with the HD800 - one of the best combinations I've heard with the Senns.post #93 of 1006/29/13 at 4:23amQuote:
Think I'll give this a try based on your recommendation. Icon are just down the road from me!post #94 of 1006/29/13 at 4:58amI have heard that Icon Audio is only designed in Leicester but all the manufacturing and parts are sourced in china. I don't know but if I want to buy a Chinese amplifier I would buy a darkvoice or little dot. Personally I would go with the Lehmann Black Cube Linear or Voilectric V200 or a SPL Auditor and finally if you have the budget a SPL Phonitor.post #95 of 1006/29/13 at 3:20pmRight now I have a vintage Pioneer SX1010 fed coax via Halide bridge from Audio GD NFB17.32 and it is the best I have heard the HD800.Before I had Phoenix,WA6 in all sorts of DAC configurations and it always left me wanting.
The SX1010 also has hardware EQ which beats all software EQs I have tried so far.
The sound is meaty and holographic and still ultraclear....best of both worlds.post #96 of 1006/30/13 at 4:47ampost #97 of 1007/4/13 at 4:05ampost #98 of 1007/12/13 at 1:56pm
Canor TP-10. Doesn't get mentioned a lot on here but it's driving my HD800's at the moment and driving them well. Vocals in particular have a gorgeous rich sound. I'm also noticing more details when listening to familiar recordings. Good bass too.
Edited by treebug - 7/12/13 at 2:09pmpost #99 of 1007/14/13 at 12:58pm
I've run my HD800's with Blue Circle SBH and a V200. Both were very nice.
But I get the best sound I've heard from the HD800's, BY FAR, with my Sound Quest SQ84-V2.
15wpc, two inputs, runs speakers as well as cans. Uses the 6V6, the same tube in the $5700 ALO amp that is getting all the rave comments.
Talk to Stephen at Sound Quest and see what he can do for you.
This is a really great tube amp.
- best amp for hd 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 30 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 59 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Which In-ear could replace my beloved Denon AHC-710 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)