V200 and V800 Violectric combo....match made in heaven with HD800s
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
best amp for hd 800 - Page 7post #91 of 1056/23/13 at 2:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1056/28/13 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by zigy626
How about the Meier Corda Jazz with the M-Dac is it any good with the HD 800? I currently own the Audiolab M-Dac and looking for a good Amp in UK. Does anyone have any experience with the Corda Jazz or should I be looking at a tube amp. Another choice I would consider is the Icon audio HP8 MKII would love to hear from anyone who has tried these amps with the HD 800.
Can't speak about the others but the Icon is heaven with the HD800 - one of the best combinations I've heard with the Senns.post #93 of 1056/29/13 at 4:23amQuote:
Think I'll give this a try based on your recommendation. Icon are just down the road from me!post #94 of 1056/29/13 at 4:58amI have heard that Icon Audio is only designed in Leicester but all the manufacturing and parts are sourced in china. I don't know but if I want to buy a Chinese amplifier I would buy a darkvoice or little dot. Personally I would go with the Lehmann Black Cube Linear or Voilectric V200 or a SPL Auditor and finally if you have the budget a SPL Phonitor.post #95 of 1056/29/13 at 3:20pmRight now I have a vintage Pioneer SX1010 fed coax via Halide bridge from Audio GD NFB17.32 and it is the best I have heard the HD800.Before I had Phoenix,WA6 in all sorts of DAC configurations and it always left me wanting.
The SX1010 also has hardware EQ which beats all software EQs I have tried so far.
The sound is meaty and holographic and still ultraclear....best of both worlds.post #96 of 1056/30/13 at 4:47ampost #97 of 1057/4/13 at 4:05ampost #98 of 1057/12/13 at 1:56pm
Canor TP-10. Doesn't get mentioned a lot on here but it's driving my HD800's at the moment and driving them well. Vocals in particular have a gorgeous rich sound. I'm also noticing more details when listening to familiar recordings. Good bass too.
Edited by treebug - 7/12/13 at 2:09pmpost #99 of 1057/14/13 at 12:58pm
I've run my HD800's with Blue Circle SBH and a V200. Both were very nice.
But I get the best sound I've heard from the HD800's, BY FAR, with my Sound Quest SQ84-V2.
15wpc, two inputs, runs speakers as well as cans. Uses the 6V6, the same tube in the $5700 ALO amp that is getting all the rave comments.
Talk to Stephen at Sound Quest and see what he can do for you.
This is a really great tube amp.post #100 of 1057/16/13 at 4:56ampost #101 of 1055/11/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by vc1187
The one word descriptor that comes to mind would be 'accurate'. Not overbloated, or overly impactful, while remaining deep (on passages that call for it) and high quality throughout the entire spectrum.
The best way to describe my experience with the HD800 is that I was extremely disappointed when I first got it because I initially plugged it straight into my La Figaro 339. I had heard so much hype about how great the HD800 ran with high quality tube amps, that I was almost certain that combination would be awesome. I can't even describe why it was bad... it just was to my ears. Music didn't flow, and I wasn't amused. Sounded harsh in a way, and somewhat unnatural.
Then I plugged it into the V200, and it's like the headphone completely evolved. The instant difference I noticed between the HD800 and the rest of my headphones (HE-500, HD650, LCD-2, HD598) was the extremely large and precise soundstage + imaging. Everything sounded so effortlessly real, and smooth, while giving a very realistic treble, without sounding harsh. Other than that, just know that the V200/HD800 is a great pairing, as I'm sure others can vouch for it as well.
What is the V200? Violectric? I had purchased the HD800 and now looking for a great amp to pair. Thankspost #102 of 1055/11/15 at 6:25ampost #103 of 1055/11/15 at 6:40ampost #104 of 1055/11/15 at 6:42amQuote:
Thanks man. I'm looking on V200 right now.post #105 of 1055/16/15 at 6:00pm
look at the metrum aurix. i love the sound of the hd800 from it, and i hear none of the problems some people ascribe to those phones.
- best amp for hd 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › The Best Portable Amp For Bass Is... (The Extreme Basshead Club) 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for $500 Closed Back Headphones. 12 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 13 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 16 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 18 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse