hi guys i am looking for the best amp for my hd 800 headphones. Any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
best amp for hd 800post #1 of 1058/24/11 at 2:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1058/24/11 at 2:44pm
Hi Op, whats your budget?post #3 of 1058/24/11 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1058/24/11 at 2:52pmpost #5 of 1058/24/11 at 4:39pmpost #6 of 1058/24/11 at 7:20pmpost #7 of 1058/24/11 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 1058/25/11 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1058/25/11 at 6:32pmpost #10 of 1058/25/11 at 7:16pmpost #11 of 1058/25/11 at 7:24pmpost #12 of 1058/25/11 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 1058/25/11 at 10:32pmpost #14 of 1058/26/11 at 10:50am
Eddie Current Super 7 for sure if you can stretch a few hundred over $1K. You can get away with cheap current production and old tubes too. With HD800s and the right tubes, you will get tight controlled bass, hard hitting impact, smoothed out rough region, and very good resolution (enough for a PS Audio PWD)
The S7 is only very slightly lush, and I wouldn't classify it a romantic sounding amp - none of the Eddie Current stuff is like that. Go Woo / WA2 if you prefer a lusher more romantic sound.
Edited by purrin - 8/26/11 at 10:53am
- best amp for hd 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 8 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 8 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 10 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 10 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear