hi guys i am looking for the best amp for my hd 800 headphones. Any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
best amp for hd 800post #1 of 1058/24/11 at 2:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1058/24/11 at 2:44pm
Hi Op, whats your budget?post #3 of 1058/24/11 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1058/24/11 at 2:52pmpost #5 of 1058/24/11 at 4:39pmpost #6 of 1058/24/11 at 7:20pmpost #7 of 1058/24/11 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 1058/25/11 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1058/25/11 at 6:32pmpost #10 of 1058/25/11 at 7:16pmpost #11 of 1058/25/11 at 7:24pmpost #12 of 1058/25/11 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 1058/25/11 at 10:32pmpost #14 of 1058/26/11 at 10:50am
Eddie Current Super 7 for sure if you can stretch a few hundred over $1K. You can get away with cheap current production and old tubes too. With HD800s and the right tubes, you will get tight controlled bass, hard hitting impact, smoothed out rough region, and very good resolution (enough for a PS Audio PWD)
The S7 is only very slightly lush, and I wouldn't classify it a romantic sounding amp - none of the Eddie Current stuff is like that. Go Woo / WA2 if you prefer a lusher more romantic sound.
Edited by purrin - 8/26/11 at 10:53am
- best amp for hd 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Best 2.0 system under $350 8 minutes ago
- › TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players! 9 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...