hi guys i am looking for the best amp for my hd 800 headphones. Any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be looking at the most spectacularly teensy, tiny little earphone ever to grace my ears, the Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Q. AAW is a Singapore...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
best amp for hd 800post #1 of 1058/24/11 at 2:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1058/24/11 at 2:44pm
Hi Op, whats your budget?post #3 of 1058/24/11 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1058/24/11 at 2:52pmpost #5 of 1058/24/11 at 4:39pmpost #6 of 1058/24/11 at 7:20pmpost #7 of 1058/24/11 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 1058/25/11 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1058/25/11 at 6:32pmpost #10 of 1058/25/11 at 7:16pmpost #11 of 1058/25/11 at 7:24pmpost #12 of 1058/25/11 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 1058/25/11 at 10:32pmpost #14 of 1058/26/11 at 10:50am
Eddie Current Super 7 for sure if you can stretch a few hundred over $1K. You can get away with cheap current production and old tubes too. With HD800s and the right tubes, you will get tight controlled bass, hard hitting impact, smoothed out rough region, and very good resolution (enough for a PS Audio PWD)
The S7 is only very slightly lush, and I wouldn't classify it a romantic sounding amp - none of the Eddie Current stuff is like that. Go Woo / WA2 if you prefer a lusher more romantic sound.
Edited by purrin - 8/26/11 at 10:53am
- best amp for hd 800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 10 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 11 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 11 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by B9Scrambler
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...