hi guys i am looking for the best amp for my hd 800 headphones. Any ideas?
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Edited on 8/18/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
best amp for hd 800post #1 of 898/24/11 at 2:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 898/24/11 at 2:44pmpost #3 of 898/24/11 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 898/24/11 at 2:52pmpost #5 of 898/24/11 at 4:39pmpost #6 of 898/24/11 at 7:20pmpost #7 of 898/24/11 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 898/25/11 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #9 of 898/25/11 at 6:32pmpost #10 of 898/25/11 at 7:16pmpost #11 of 898/25/11 at 7:24pmpost #12 of 898/25/11 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 898/25/11 at 10:32pmpost #14 of 898/26/11 at 10:50am
Eddie Current Super 7 for sure if you can stretch a few hundred over $1K. You can get away with cheap current production and old tubes too. With HD800s and the right tubes, you will get tight controlled bass, hard hitting impact, smoothed out rough region, and very good resolution (enough for a PS Audio PWD)
The S7 is only very slightly lush, and I wouldn't classify it a romantic sounding amp - none of the Eddie Current stuff is like that. Go Woo / WA2 if you prefer a lusher more romantic sound.
Edited by purrin - 8/26/11 at 10:53am
- best amp for hd 800
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
- › The Stax thread (New) 5 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 33 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 36 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 44 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Full Sized Portable Cans Opinions? ($200-$350) 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › IC: Headphone in Minnesota 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 3 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe