hi guys i am looking for the best amp for my hd 800 headphones. Any ideas?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 9/15/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 9/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA5 LE vs WA6 SE Last post on 4/2/10 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
best amp for hd 800post #1 of 1008/24/11 at 2:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1008/24/11 at 2:44pmpost #3 of 1008/24/11 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1008/24/11 at 2:52pmpost #5 of 1008/24/11 at 4:39pmpost #6 of 1008/24/11 at 7:20pmpost #7 of 1008/24/11 at 8:25pmpost #8 of 1008/25/11 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1008/25/11 at 6:32pmpost #10 of 1008/25/11 at 7:16pmpost #11 of 1008/25/11 at 7:24pmpost #12 of 1008/25/11 at 9:15pmpost #13 of 1008/25/11 at 10:32pmpost #14 of 1008/26/11 at 10:50am
Eddie Current Super 7 for sure if you can stretch a few hundred over $1K. You can get away with cheap current production and old tubes too. With HD800s and the right tubes, you will get tight controlled bass, hard hitting impact, smoothed out rough region, and very good resolution (enough for a PS Audio PWD)
The S7 is only very slightly lush, and I wouldn't classify it a romantic sounding amp - none of the Eddie Current stuff is like that. Go Woo / WA2 if you prefer a lusher more romantic sound.
Edited by purrin - 8/26/11 at 10:53am
- best amp for hd 800
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › can someone help me choose a dac and amp for my hd 600s? 5 minutes ago
- › Need help picking out a IEM that will last 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)